PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers Need to Beat Tom Brady and the New England Patriots

SteelerEmpire
09-05-2011, 10:26 AM
A lil early... but anyway:
(and I don't like the way Brady is patting the top of our guys head, like he's some kind of condescending object :rant: )

http://steelerstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Tyrone-Carter-300x221.jpg

The Pittsburgh Steelers have been the best franchise in the NFL since 2005. They have won more playoff games then any other team, won more Super Bowls, and have more Super Bowl appearances then any other team in that span.

LINK: http://www.412sportstalk.net/2011/09/pittsburgh-steelers-need-to-beat-tom.html#more

polamalubeast
09-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I respect very much Tom Brady.And I must admit he is a Steelers killer.....But since 2005, every year we think we will face the Patriots in the playoffs, but it's not happening!

It's not our fault that the Patriots lost against the jets in the playoffs last year!.... Or against the Broncos in 2005!

The goal is to win against the team we play!

SteelerEmpire
09-05-2011, 10:41 AM
I give 2 reasons for this: spygate and the fact that the Steelers D have not changed their approach when playing this type of offense.

43Hitman
09-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Geez, we're starting to sound like Ravens fans with all this New England crap. They have no bearing on our season minus one game, why we give these cheats so much of our attention is beyond me.

Moose
09-05-2011, 11:50 AM
I agree '43Hitman'. I hate that team just because of the fact that's all you hear/see on ESPN and other sports shows. N.E. this or that, Brady this or that. It's like there are no other teams or players to talk about. Brady is a great QB, I'll grant them that. Flush him out of the pocket.....not so much greatness then. It's all of the players around him....and receiver's down field that make Brady. I think it's just the hype that makes playing them so intimidating. It's all the media talk and build-up that they are supposed to win the games and it's all the more work for the opponents coaching staff to get that mindset out of the brains of players when game time comes, especially the young ones.

Psycho Ward 86
09-05-2011, 12:00 PM
that picture pretty much sums up tyrone carter's time with us

Edman
09-05-2011, 12:41 PM
No they don't. The only reason we need to beat New England is if they're our next opponent. Regular season or in the playoffs. Otherwise, I could care less about them or what they do. Obsessing over an opponent that beats you is for teams that can't get it done like the Ravens. Not the Steelers. New England has no bearing on our season whatsoever. It's about what the Steelers need to do to be successful as a team. They can beat anyone they face, but they can also lose to anyone. Too much odds there to waste their time and effort with the Patriots. Beating New England would be nice, but it doesn't prove anything and it's not the goal.

It's true that New England is a reoccurring problem for Pittsburgh, but there isn't much they can do about that right now.

The Steelers will worry about solving the New England riddle in October when the time comes to face them. Right now, they need to worry about the Ravens, then the Seahawks Week 2 and so on. One game at a time.

zulater
09-05-2011, 01:19 PM
It would be sweet beyond words to beat a Tom Brady led Patriot team en route to a 7th Super bowl victory. But it's not essential as long as the final goal is realized, that of course being the Super Bowl win in February.

Steeldude
09-05-2011, 03:49 PM
lebeau needs to stop playing his passive defense against the patriots.

arians needs to create an effective game plan, not a grab bag offense.

43Hitman
09-05-2011, 04:12 PM

We are who we are on defense. I think its to the determent of the team if you change your identity for one opponent. How are the players supposed to believe in the scheme if they change it because of one or two teams. I like our odds on being who we are. If we lose its not the end of the world, just the end of that game.

Steeldude
09-05-2011, 05:31 PM
We are who we are on defense. I think its to the determent of the team if you change your identity for one opponent. How are the players supposed to believe in the scheme if they change it because of one or two teams. I like our odds on being who we are. If we lose its not the end of the world, just the end of that game.

do you mean to say the steelers should stay aggressive and not as passive against the patriots?

Iron Steeler
09-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Our defense is not good against any spread format... We have lost to packers, saints, and Pats. Because we refuse to switch up our defense scheme... its like were trying to force a square peg in a circle hole...

The reason why the giants defeated the pats because they have amazing defensive lineman that are able to create pressure without sending extra bodys.. Same thing with the Detroit Lions preseason game ...

We need to some how tweak our gameplan when we face these kind of teams.

Count Steeler
09-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Our focus this week is the Ravens. We will worry about the Pats when it is time to play them. Let's not make the same mistake the Raven's fans make. I would not change much of our game in the regular season. The time to surprise is in the playoffs.

Iron Steeler
09-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Our focus this week is the Ravens. We will worry about the Pats when it is time to play them. Let's not make the same mistake the Raven's fans make. I would not change much of our game in the regular season. The time to surprise is in the playoffs.

Very true statement... Don't show all your bag of tricks until it counts...

Galax Steeler
09-05-2011, 06:33 PM

Ha Ha you need to have good coverage and corners to do this we don't have it so Lebeau cannot prepare for this if we don't have the personal to cover it. Lebeau can only do so much.

SMR
09-05-2011, 06:45 PM
I give 2 reasons for this: spygate and the fact that the Steelers D have not changed their approach when playing this type of offense.

Ditto.

SteelerFanInStl
09-05-2011, 07:17 PM
No they don't. The only reason we need to beat New England is if they're our next opponent. Regular season or in the playoffs. Otherwise, I could care less about them or what they do.

This. I don't give a crap about the Pats right not.

XxKnightxX
09-06-2011, 02:46 AM
Our defense is not good against any spread format... We have lost to packers, saints, and Pats. Because we refuse to switch up our defense scheme... its like were trying to force a square peg in a circle hole...

The reason why the giants defeated the pats because they have amazing defensive lineman that are able to create pressure without sending extra bodys.. Same thing with the Detroit Lions preseason game ...

We need to some how tweak our gameplan when we face these kind of teams.

I remember in 05 when we put Porter and Haggans on a 3 point stance, didnt work with them, but let Woodley Tee off and Harrison/Worilds blitz and get on a 3 point stance, and put Smith and Keisel on a respective 2 and 3 Technique and see if that works. The only we can do that is if we have a lead and they have no choice but to pass.

GodfatherofSoul
09-06-2011, 10:08 AM
I don't mind holding back the playbook against the Pats in the regular season if it means we've got that edge in the playoffs. But, after spygate the Pats postseason "domination" means jack squat. Everyone knows those weren't legit wins.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-06-2011, 03:29 PM
I respect very much Tom Brady.And I must admit he is a Steelers killer.....

as the Steelers are Rat bird killers. There are just some team other teams cannot beat... I wish ours was someone other than New England Video gate.