PDA

View Full Version : Can Joe Flacco Ever Find a Way to Beat Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers?

polamalubeast
09-04-2011, 05:14 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens have one of the best and most vicious rivalries in all of sports.

The teams are almost identical in their philosophies and are evenly matched for the most part. Last year, the two teams split victories in the regular season, but the Steelers defeated the Ravens in the playoffs.

The biggest edge the Steelers have had over the Ravens is at the quarterback position. Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is 0-6 against the Steelers when Ben Roethlisberger starts at quarterback.

Flacco is 2-0 against the Steelers when Roethlisberger has not started. Coincidence? I don't think so.

In the six losses, Flacco has just five touchdowns and seven interceptions.All of those games but one have been decided by a touchdown or less. The 2008 AFC Championship game being the only exception, and that game was a two-point game in the fourth quarter, when Flacco threw a pick-six to Steelers safety Troy Polamalu.

read more

http://www.412sportstalk.net/2011/09/ben-roethlisberger-troy-polamalu-give.html

polamalubeast
09-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Flacco was involved in offseason trash-talk this summer, when it came to the Steelers.

Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley said that the Ravens will never win a Super Bowl with Flacco as their quarterback. I tend to agree with him. Flacco doesn't seem to have that "it" factor that Roethlisberger has.

Count Steeler
09-04-2011, 05:54 PM
The teams are almost identical in their philosophies and are evenly matched for the most part. Last year, the two teams split victories in the regular season, but the Steelers defeated the Ravens in the playoffs.

Us = Winning is the Standard
Them = Let's copy the Steelers, try to beat them at their own game.

Pittsburgh43
09-05-2011, 12:17 AM
@Count You're exactly right. And the master of the technique will always have the upper hand.

BigNastyDefense
09-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Eventually, Flacco will beat the Steelers with Ben Roethlisberger at the helm. Eventually, Ben will have a bad game against them again. It's really inevitable. But, it won't be this season and the times it happens I feel will be few and far in between.

And as long as we beat them in the playoffs, that's what matters most to me.

Fun fact:

Flacco has three losses in the postseason, twice to the Steelers.

Roethlisberger has three losses in in the postseason, never to the Ravens.

Galax Steeler
09-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Eventually, Flacco will beat the Steelers with Ben Roethlisberger at the helm. Eventually, Ben will have a bad game against them again. It's really inevitable. But, it won't be this season and the times it happens I feel will be few and far in between.

And as long as we beat them in the playoffs, that's what matters most to me.

Fun fact:

Flacco has three losses in the postseason, twice to the Steelers.

Roethlisberger has three losses in in the postseason, never to the Ravens.

Agreed nice post

steeldevil
09-05-2011, 07:19 PM
No

polamalubeast
09-05-2011, 08:06 PM
No

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/267198_10150344434450039_104024400038_9392773_7810 _s.jpg

GBMelBlount
09-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Any given Sunday. The Ravens are a top shelf team.

The games are always close and we usually win because of our team's heart and collective will to win...

fansince'76
09-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Any given Sunday. The Ravens are a top shelf team.

The games are always close and we usually win because of our team's heart and collective will to win...

Yep. Law of averages. The Ravens are overdue, actually.

X-Terminator
09-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely not calling this one a slam dunk. The Ravens will give the Steelers all the can handle, especially at home. I can easily see them winning this game.

Randy06
09-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Not this year.