PDA

View Full Version : Do The Steelers Have The League’s “Best” WR Corps Entering the 2011 Season?

stillers4me
09-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Before I begin my article, I would like to elaborate on the definition of the word “best” used in my title. Since “best” can be defined subjectively and differently at times by numerous people, I thought I’d clear the air and define what I feel it does and doesn’t mean with regards to this article and my determination of which team has the “best” WR corps in the N.F.L.. By “best” I don’t mean that the team that has the most talented player at the WR position in the N.F.L. on their team but has little else in the way of talent let alone depth behind them (Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, or Calvin Johnson). By “best” I don’t mean that the WR corps has the luxury of being thrown to 50-55 times per game by an Offense that has throw the ball that often because they are down all the time in ball games and are able to pad their stats against prevent D’s. I could go on and on, but for the sake of brevity let’s get to what I actually do mean by best:............

read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/09/03/do-the-steelers-have-the-leagues-best-wr-corps-entering-the-2011-season/

Psycho Ward 86
09-04-2011, 12:07 PM
and that's not even including Heath Miller, and our top three backs who are reasonable as receiving backs.

Austin87
09-05-2011, 04:26 AM
Our offense can be scary good this season.

Count Steeler
09-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Let's not get caught up in the hype, let's get out there and produce. Accolades and SB trophies to follow.

GBMelBlount
09-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Whether first or not, we have 5 very solid receivers.

What I am excited about is that we may finally have the weapons to compete with the elite quarterbacks that tend to score 30+ on us.

sactownsteeler
09-05-2011, 10:11 AM
I would say 6 solid receivers, Battle would be 3 or 4 on most depth charts...

SteelerEmpire
09-05-2011, 10:45 AM
"Do The Steelers Have The League’s “Best” WR Corps Entering the 2011 Season?" ....you darn right they do !

Psycho Ward 86
09-05-2011, 12:13 PM
id say only the packers are better. just by a hair.

TheSikOne
09-05-2011, 01:13 PM
There are threads like this every year. Honestly we probably DON'T have the best WR corps but I'm really big fans of young money with Wallace, Antonio and Sanders. GB does have a better corps, although I'm pretty sure some of us wouldn't like to admit that lol.