PDA

View Full Version : In eighth season as a starter, Roethlisberger comfortable as ever

stillers4me
09-04-2011, 09:49 AM
On target since the Steelers convened in late July for training camp, Ben Roethlisberger has looked every bit like a quarterback in command of the offense.

In three Steelers preseason games -- he didn't play in the final warm-up in Carolina as a precaution -- Roethlisberger threw for 361 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions while posting a 146.6 passer rating.
Roethlisberger, entering his eighth season as a starter, seems as confident and comfortable as ever. Right tackle Willie Colon said there is good reason for that...................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_755035.html

Count Steeler
09-04-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm really looking forward to this year for Ben. I really hope enough players stay healthy on offense (O Line especially) so that this unit can produce like I suspect we can. Really hope Ben wins #3 this year.

siss
09-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Its going to be the year of Big Ben.

Steeler nation will need to send flowers to Mrs. Big Ben as a big fat thank you for taming the beast and helping bring home Lombardi numero 7

Psycho Ward 86
09-04-2011, 11:51 AM
the potential is mind blowing

ALLD
09-04-2011, 12:32 PM
He doesn't seem so jittery and is more relaxed. That is the key.

Edman
09-04-2011, 01:43 PM
As long as the O-Line is the way it is, I will wait and see how the offense performs in tough situations and in crunch time when it's really needed. Like 3rd and Short or Goal to go situations with a chance to put the game away in a tight game. The Steelers O couldn't do that in 2009 and subsequently had to watch the D fail and lose the game. The first perfect test is the Ratbirds next Sunday.