PDA

View Full Version : WEEK ONE:BALTIMORE RAVENS

polamalubeast
09-02-2011, 09:41 AM
We can start talking about the game of week one!

http://www.nflfootballfansite.com/images/photos/60/601604.jpg

http://blog.jacknealy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/flacco_suck.jpg

siss
09-02-2011, 11:27 AM
The Ravenkiller has been set to kill mode!

tube517
09-02-2011, 11:59 AM
flaccid

Count Steeler
09-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines. Next stop Indy, for SB XLVI.

SteelerEmpire
09-02-2011, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=polamalubeast;199058]We can start talking about the game of week one!

http://www.nflfootballfansite.com/images/photos/60/601604.jpg

Just copied that to my computer to help post all over the internet...

JHSilverback
09-02-2011, 06:21 PM
I can't wait for this game! I think that we'll get to flacco early and often. I also believe our stable of wideouts with torch their secondary....it also seems that their run defense seems to be not the same as it has been in the past. Btw I'll be attending this game and have an extra ticket for anyone who wants to go. The ticket is free all you have to do is show up!! :tt03::tt02:

BigNastyDefense
09-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Joe Flacco checks under his bed for James Harrison, the closet for LaMarr Woodley, and then when he falls asleep he has nightmares about Troy Polamalu.

polamalubeast
09-03-2011, 12:50 PM
it always makes me laugh when I hear a fan of ravens that Josh Freeman is not able to win against the good team.

Flacco is 0-6 against Ben Roethlisberger and 0-3 against Peyton Manning.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=458269&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Crow-Magnon
09-03-2011, 01:05 PM
My only real concern is the OL. Too much turmoil there in the off-season. Now Oher is moving back to RT, a new McKinnie is at LT with extremely limited playing time, Yanda has had back spasms and Birk hasn't played Center due to his surgery. So the only OL that is basically 100%, proven and staying at his position is Grubbs. Not a good proposition when Week One is against the Steelers- whether at home or not.

Now, having said that, I feel that the Ravens pass rush is greatly improved over last year. It's faster, gets to the QB quicker and the new DC does not fear blitzing often, unlike the cautious Mattison. I'm not overly worried about the secondary, but even so, they will have a better chance of defending passes and making picks if the opposing QB gets hammered a lot more than they did last year.

As much as I hate to say it, I think the Steelers have the better chance of taking this game, but if the Ravens pull it out, I woun't be surprised. It will still be a slobberknocker, no matter what.

ALLD
09-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Expect BB to use more short passing and escape with an umblemished record over the Rats. It will be over by halftime.

The Duke
09-03-2011, 01:34 PM
My only real concern is the OL. Too much turmoil there in the off-season. Now Oher is moving back to RT, a new McKinnie is at LT with extremely limited playing time, Yanda has had back spasms and Birk hasn't played Center due to his surgery. So the only OL that is basically 100%, proven and staying at his position is Grubbs. Not a good proposition when Week One is against the Steelers- whether at home or not.

hey we're not 100% sure if our left tackle is gonna be a journeyman or a rookie :chuckle:

I think both olines will go into that game wanting to prove themselves, and will be a huge factor in who wins

I didn't know they were using McKinnie at left tackle. Last year, before the weight issues, he seemed terrible compared to his past years. We'll see though

Count Steeler
09-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Ravens may pick up Merriweather.

HollywoodSteel
09-03-2011, 03:50 PM

Now, having said that, I feel that the Ravens pass rush is greatly improved over last year. It's faster, gets to the QB quicker and the new DC does not fear blitzing often, unlike the cautious Mattison. I'm not overly worried about the secondary, but even so, they will have a better chance of defending passes and making picks if the opposing QB gets hammered a lot more than they did last year.

As much as I hate to say it, I think the Steelers have the better chance of taking this game, but if the Ravens pull it out, I woun't be surprised. It will still be a slobberknocker, no matter what.

Nice post and, not to try and speak for everyone, we really appreciate having an opposing fan give a reasoned perspective.

I think both offensive lines have a lot of question marks this year so it's really hard to say who has the advantage there. I do believe that McKinnie has a good get by the Ravens, regardless of what a bonehead he was with the Vikings. He has pro-bowl level talent if he decides to apply himself and a new start with a disciplined team like the Ravens could turn his career around.

GBMelBlount
09-03-2011, 05:37 PM
I cannot wait to see how our offense does against the Ravens top shelf defense!

HUGE test for the offensive line and for Ben imo.

86WARD
09-04-2011, 06:12 AM
More like "top shelf."

steel striker
09-04-2011, 09:25 AM
What a way to start the season and, it will be interesting how both teams o-lines hold up. I still think the steelers will take this one.

Buckinnuts
09-05-2011, 08:17 AM
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc171/761000sp/ravenpoop.jpg

zulater
09-06-2011, 05:54 AM
I see the Ravens have been installed as 3 point favorites, which kind of surprised me. Personally I think the Steelers are demonstatively better than the Ravens from nearly every perspective and standpoint, and I thought the game would be closer to 1, 1 1/2 point game with the Ravens being given the edge due to home filed advantage.

I think the Steelers offense is going to have a breakout season and I think it starts week one against the Ravens. I think the Steelers will take control of this game early with their offense, and every aspect of their offense will contribute in this game. I see the game going something like this. If the Ravens receive the opneing kickoff they'll move the ball into field goal range, stall, settle for 3 and that will be their highlight. The Steelers may or may not score on their first drive, I'll say not just for the sake of argument. So the Ravens get the ball back up 3-0, get a first down or two, but the Steelers force a punt and now the ass kicking starts. Ben advances the ball with a couple big hitters (20 yard+) to Wallace and Brown, finds Sanders for about 15, then mix it up with a nice run to Rashard. The Ravens defense is on their heels and will remain so for the next 2 1/2 quarters. So pencil in the Steelers for a 17-3 halftime lead. Then they (Steelers) take the second half kick and drive down for another easy td, Flacco answers back with a quick turnover and it's 31-3 and the Steelers go into stall mode. Ravens score 2 late touchdowns to make the score look more respectable, but the finals result is a Steelers 31-17 total butt whipping of the overrrated Ravens.

Ben throws for about 290 with 3 td passes. Mendenhall goes for about 90 yards with a td. Heath Miller and Emanuel Sanders have big days catching the ball. Wallace and Brown both have big plays that set the tone early.

Defensively Timmons is the star and sacks Flacco twice and forces fumble.

stillers4me
09-06-2011, 06:23 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/13ym8m8.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
09-06-2011, 01:20 PM
I hope to see the Steelers CRUSH the Ravens, bust their faces, break their spines, Bite into their skulls and suck the marrow out of their bones this weekend.

anything less then total domination and Victory is FAILURE!

Anything less then a Super Bowl Run and Victory is FAILURE!

WE MUST DOMINATE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

suitanim
09-06-2011, 01:30 PM
^^^^^Yeah, what he said ^^^^^

Count Steeler
09-06-2011, 04:06 PM
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc171/761000sp/ravenpoop.jpg

That looks like Goodell in that helmet.

Hindes204
09-06-2011, 04:26 PM
I hope to see the Steelers CRUSH the Ravens, bust their faces, break their spines, Bite into their skulls and suck the marrow out of their bones this weekend.

anything less then total domination and Victory is FAILURE!

Anything less then a Super Bowl Run and Victory is FAILURE!

WE MUST DOMINATE!

NICE!!!! I AGREE!!!

zulater
09-07-2011, 05:18 AM
I see the Ravens have been installed as 3 point favorites, which kind of surprised me. Personally I think the Steelers are demonstatively better than the Ravens from nearly every perspective and standpoint, and I thought the game would be closer to 1, 1 1/2 point game with the Ravens being given the edge due to home filed advantage.

I think the Steelers offense is going to have a breakout season and I think it starts week one against the Ravens. I think the Steelers will take control of this game early with their offense, and every aspect of their offense will contribute in this game. I see the game going something like this. If the Ravens receive the opneing kickoff they'll move the ball into field goal range, stall, settle for 3 and that will be their highlight. The Steelers may or may not score on their first drive, I'll say not just for the sake of argument. So the Ravens get the ball back up 3-0, get a first down or two, but the Steelers force a punt and now the ass kicking starts. Ben advances the ball with a couple big hitters (20 yard+) to Wallace and Brown, finds Sanders for about 15, then mix it up with a nice run to Rashard. The Ravens defense is on their heels and will remain so for the next 2 1/2 quarters. So pencil in the Steelers for a 17-3 halftime lead. Then they (Steelers) take the second half kick and drive down for another easy td, Flacco answers back with a quick turnover and it's 31-3 and the Steelers go into stall mode. Ravens score 2 late touchdowns to make the score look more respectable, but the finals result is a Steelers 31-17 total butt whipping of the overrrated Ravens.

Ben throws for about 290 with 3 td passes. Mendenhall goes for about 90 yards with a td. Heath Miller and Emanuel Sanders have big days catching the ball. Wallace and Brown both have big plays that set the tone early.

Defensively Timmons is the star and sacks Flacco twice and forces fumble.

Hey this guy practically stole my pick?! :wink02:

It's Steelers-Ravens week, in case you've been rooming with fugitive Libyan dictators, and the heated/hyperbolic portion of our program gets going Wednesday when the first swarms of cameras and microphones hit the teams' practice facilities.

Better bring backup.

LaMarr Woodley might revisit his summer dig that Baltimore will never win a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco at quarterback. Ben Roethlisberger might recall Haloti Ngata breaking his nose. Hines Ward might demonstrate some end-zone sambas. And over in Owings Mills, Md., expect no less color from the Ravens' Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs and Ed Reed.

But before we dive into all that, let me throw this out: For once, I'm not sure the game will rival the hype. I see the Steelers not just as favorites, but as prohibitive favorites.

Steelers 31, Ravens 13.
Here are seven reasons why:Read more: Kovacevic: No reason Steelers shouldn't win - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_755432.html#ixzz1XGDguiFm

Crow-Magnon
09-07-2011, 07:39 PM
I say, let 'em play the game and then we'll see. This game, as in any Steelers-Ravens contest, could go either way.