PDA

View Full Version : Players on the bubble...who makes it who doesn't?!

7willBheaven
09-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Out of the on the bubble players...who do you think makes it.

Gilmore or Saunders?

Warren or C Allen? (maybe they BOTH dont make it)

Williams, C Scott, Foster (though some may not consider him on the bubble).

McLendon...Corbin Bryant (or again do they BOTH not make it)

Ivy?

Thoughts? Feel free to add more to the list also.

sactownsteeler
09-02-2011, 01:15 AM
I hope they keep Saunders over Gilmore, so much more upside. Corner situation is tough because you know they will keep the veterans I would assume Cortez makes it based on draft position and potential but Warren played his ass off this pre season and from what I heard was good in training camp as well. The 3 O lineman are all about the same so doesnt matter who they keep ou of those 3. McLendon played very well tonight.
Reality is most of these guys wont contribute much but on special teams or might not even dress for games. Steelers have such a veteran team that unless someone is simply amazing ie Pouncey our first round picks barely get playing time so a bubble guy is even further down the line.
I am curious on Leftwich and if they roll the dice and let Dixon go, still havent heard any defenitive update on him other than broken arm... so can they put him on the pup list and hang on to an Allen or Warren then try to stash them

86WARD
09-02-2011, 07:28 AM

Gilmore or Saunders?

Ivy?

Saunders.

Both Allen and Warren.

Williams is out.

McClendon and Bryant out.

Ivy out.

A couple might land on the practice squad...

zulater
09-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Would it be a total shock if Jason Worldis is cut? I wasn't able to see last night's game, so I don't know what significance that sack had. But going into last night's game he'd been a total zero, and that's not just in preseason action, but in camp and practices as well from what I understand. Harrison has clearly been struggling getting his fitness level back since offseason surgery. Worldis had an opportunity to show he's capable of lightening Harrison's burden, and whiffed. I don't know, maybe the fact that there wasn't a normal offseason will save him, as the Steelers might think there's a chance for him to coached up in OTA's and the like. But to me it's getting late early for worldis, I really don't think he's got what it takes, so it may already be time to cut your losses and move on.

Burghfan58
09-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Would it be a total shock if Jason Worldis is cut? I wasn't able to see last night's game, so I don't know what significance that sack had. But going into last night's game he'd been a total zero, and that's not just in preseason action, but in camp and practices as well from what I understand. Harrison has clearly been struggling getting his fitness level back since offseason surgery. Worldis had an opportunity to show he's capable of lightening Harrison's burden, and whiffed. I don't know, maybe the fact that there wasn't a normal offseason will save him, as the Steelers might think there's a chance for him to coached up in OTA's and the like. But to me it's getting late early for worldis, I really don't think he's got what it takes, so it may already be time to cut your losses and move on.

I'm with you on this one Zulater. I have not been impressed with what I have seen of him on the field. He looks average at best and the Steelers expect more of their backers than that. He was unblocked on his sack last night and looked just ok for the rest of the game. That being said I don't beleive they will cut him yet. That would admit they blew another 2nd round pick.

Chidi29
09-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Worilds has looked fine to me. Sure, he hasn't been a star but I haven't seen anything bad out of him.

86WARD
09-02-2011, 09:39 AM
They wouldn't cut him yet. What would they do for depth there? Plus...the position is plug and play. No worries...;)

BlastFurnace
09-02-2011, 09:55 AM

I know Gildon had his fans out there, but Worldis reminds me of Gildon. What I mean by that is not the sack totals that Gildon amassed. Gildon was not disruptive like Harrison or Woodley. He got sacks, but was also out of too many plays with his "wide loop rush" where he would end up completely out of the TV screen. Every time I watch Worldis, I don't see someone causing chaos for the offense.

That being said, no way should he be cut. He's only a 2nd year linebacker and he's the #3 OLB on the Steelers.

P.S. I miss the Gildong Report. Some of you may know what that was.

sactownsteeler
09-02-2011, 09:59 AM
He doesnt look bad albeit he doesnt look like a 2nd rd pick especially when you consider Woodley was a 2nd rd pick but he is a good back up to Harrison but I do worry when Harrison is done because at this point he is not starter material but I am sure they will coach him up to be the starter. He has the athleticism for sure to be good at the position he is lacking in some strength to shed blockers and some instincts but hopefully with time those will come.

BlastFurnace
09-02-2011, 10:03 AM

Gilmore or Saunders?

Ivy?

Saunders by a long shot. Gilmore is what he is at 31...a journeyman. Saunders has talent and a big upside and hands that Matt Spaeth wishes he had.

I would pick Allen between him and Warren. To me, it comes down between Warren and Lewis. I still think I would keep Lewis just because he's been in the system longer. I would try to sneak Warren on the PS.

Foster. I thought Foster played well last year. I liked Foster way more than I ever liked Essex at RG. Chris Scott has shown nothing this preseason.

I would keep both McLendon and Bryant and let Hoke go. McClendon filled in nicely last year when called upon. He's had a great camp. The Steelers may lose Smith and Hoke next year and they will need young D'lineman to fill the void.

Ivy...I like him, but I don't see where he fits.

Steeldude
09-02-2011, 11:05 AM

he's no worse than gildon so i expect he will stay.

Psycho Ward 86
09-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Saunders by a long shot. Gilmore is what he is at 31...a journeyman. Saunders has talent and a big upside and hands that Matt Spaeth wishes he had.

I would pick Allen between him and Warren. To me, it comes down between Warren and Lewis. I still think I would keep Lewis just because he's been in the system longer. I would try to sneak Warren on the PS.

Foster. I thought Foster played well last year. I liked Foster way more than I ever liked Essex at RG. Chris Scott has shown nothing this preseason.

I would keep both McLendon and Bryant and let Hoke go. McClendon filled in nicely last year when called upon. He's had a great camp. The Steelers may lose Smith and Hoke next year and they will need young D'lineman to fill the void.

Ivy...I like him, but I don't see where he fits.

which was almost never....?

SteelMember
09-02-2011, 11:43 AM
They wouldn't cut him yet. What would they do for depth there? Plus...the position is plug and play. No worries...;)

Although this is somewhat contradictory, I get the funny... and it's the depth part that makes me inclinded to believe that Carter sticks on the 53.

steeldevil
09-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Yea Worilds looked bad at pass rushing last night. I was watching him a lot on D. He just ran into the OT and couldn't get around him, even against 2nd and 3rd teamers... From what I could see his sack came on a inside stunt that only worked because the backup OL just didn't recognise it. He was completely unblocked. Has not been impressive this preseason but I can't imagine them cutting him...

st33lersguy
09-02-2011, 12:14 PM
They should keep both Allen and Warren and cut Billy Gay. They both have looked impressive and we all know how bad Gay is. Those two probably couldn't play much worse than Gay has played the past few years

Godfather
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Is Lyons going to make the team as the 6th WR? Nice, tall target and looked good against Philly.

BlastFurnace
09-02-2011, 12:36 PM
which was almost never....?

He can only play in games when he is activated. Just off the top of my head, I think he played against Tennessee last year, and he played pretty well. I'd keep McClendon.

zulater
09-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Worilds has looked fine to me. Sure, he hasn't been a star but I haven't seen anything bad out of him.

Is Worldis Goodell's cousin or something? :heh: :wink02:

SteelMember
09-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Is Lyons going to make the team as the 6th WR? Nice, tall target and looked good against Philly.

He's dropped way too many balls. He will be lucky to get to the PS, imo. I think Battle still gets the #6.

JayC
09-02-2011, 02:37 PM
They should keep both Allen and Warren and cut Billy Gay. They both have looked impressive and we all know how bad Gay is. Those two probably couldn't play much worse than Gay has played the past few years

only in my dreams. i wish they'd cut ties with Gay and Moore but i don't see it happening