PDA

View Full Version : Is Roger Goodell Reffing HS Football On The Side?

suitanim
08-31-2011, 11:40 AM
HS refs flag TD catch for excessive celebration after two players point to sky in homage to their friend who had just recently died. The penalty was assessed on the ensuing kick, and it enabled the other team to kick a game winning FG. I'm very familiar with both these teams, and they are both perennial powerhouses. This call is bogus.

Really, this fucking PC bullshit has GOT to stop!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Players-penalized-for-TD-tribute-to-recently-dep?urn=highschool-wp5201

fansince'76
08-31-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm sure Harrison will also be fined $50K for this.

But it's all good. I'm sure that they'll abolish all playoff and championship games next in lieu of giving all the players on every team a trophy for participation because they're all winners! :jerkit:

43Hitman
08-31-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm sure Harrison will also be fined $50K for this.

But it's all good. I'm sure that they'll abolish all playoff and championship games next in lieu of giving all the players on every team a trophy for participation because they're all winners! :jerkit:

Don't forget the ice-cream, kool-aid and Kumbaya after each game as well.

suitanim
08-31-2011, 12:07 PM
This really sucks because it was a super close game between two Div II teams that are both seriously vying for playoffs spots. To have the game decided by a horrible penalty is inexcusable.

fansince'76
08-31-2011, 12:10 PM
This really sucks because it was a super close game between two Div II teams that are both seriously vying for playoffs spots. To have the game decided by a horrible penalty is inexcusable.

I'm sure we'll be treated to more of the same in the NFL this year with all the new "safety" rules which will demand even more split second judgment calls by officials, especially the one where a defensive back has to basically allow a wide receiver to make the catch before he can do anything.

suitanim
08-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Just as an FYI, Ohio football divisions are descending, meaning the top division is Div 1, smallest schools in V. I'm pretty sure PA is the opposite, but could be wrong.

Anyway, point is, bewteen these two schools, there will be more than a few FCS college scholarship players.

salamander
08-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Just as an FYI, Ohio football divisions are descending, meaning the top division is Div 1, smallest schools in V. I'm pretty sure PA is the opposite, but could be wrong.

Anyway, point is, bewteen these two schools, there will be more than a few FCS college scholarship players.

Yepp, PA schools are divided up into "classes" - Class A, Class AA, Class AAA and Class AAAA, with Class A being the smallest schools and Class AAAA being the largest schools.

Nadroj 20
08-31-2011, 12:38 PM
This is screwed up.

As the AP reported, Ohio High School Athletic Association assistant commissioner Henry Zaborniak said that the game officials responsible for the call were actually correct in penalizing the tribute, as it could be considered offensive to the other team without first knowing the context of the gesture.

How can pointing to the sky be deemed offensive??? This is the worse excuse in the world.

salamander
08-31-2011, 12:51 PM
This is screwed up.

How can pointing to the sky be deemed offensive??? This is the worse excuse in the world.

They don't want the other players' feelings to get hurt, that's all. :rolleyes:

fansince'76
08-31-2011, 12:54 PM
They don't want the other players' feelings to get hurt, that's all. :rolleyes:

Yep. Pretty soon they'll stop keeping score altogether, so nobody ever loses - would hate for these kids to possibly develop an inferiority complex or something.

ALLD
08-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Next they will be putting berqas on the cheerleaders.

X-Terminator
08-31-2011, 04:49 PM
We're raising a generation of pussies.

This nation is doomed.

86WARD
08-31-2011, 05:39 PM
To answer the original question, it's quite possible GODdell is doing high school games considering his salary was only $1 during the lockout...

suitanim
09-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Whoops! Brought it up to a client today. Turns out his son plays for Walsh (The winning team). He said the other team were just whining. I.....um..........was....................diplomati c, and quickly changed the subject.

Nadroj 20
09-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Whoops! Brought it up to a client today. Turns out his son plays for Walsh (The winning team). He said the other team were just whining. I.....um..........was....................diplomati c, and quickly changed the subject.

You are stronger then I am!! I would have fired back with put yourself in their position, jerk!

But then again hes not my client so I admire your restraint :chuckle: