PDA

View Full Version : Harrison not back to usual condition

stillers4me
08-31-2011, 05:16 AM
Usually, not many Steelers players, if any, are in better shape than James Harrison, their four-time Pro Bowl outside linebacker. Especially this time of year.

But these have not been usual times for Harrison, which he has quickly -- and somewhat agonizingly -- discovered.............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11243/1170985-66.stm

Austin87
08-31-2011, 10:23 AM
I am a little worried about this. Hopefully he can be at full strength at the start of the season, we are gonna need him.

suitanim
08-31-2011, 10:34 AM
The worst part of this is that the ass-raping he receives at the hands of OT's on just about every play who are basically allowed to do anything short of tackling Harrison to stop him will have an even greater advantage until he's back in shape.

Reminds me, there was a play early in the 2nd quarter where Colon was flagged for holding (penalty was declined) that was not even close to holding. First off, it just wasn't holding. Secondly, the things that OT's do to Harrison on EVERY play are 100X worse than what they called Colon for. The disparity in how they call and who they call for is sickening.

sactownsteeler
08-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Hope Harrison will be up to speed for week 1, huge game to start the season not a must win but as close as it gets to that. I have to say also that at this point I am not sold on Worlids to replace Harrison much he has good speed but just seems to always be at the wrong place all the time. I think Sylvester has made a bigger jump this year than Worlids which is tough since he was our second round pick and should be getting it now. I am sure he will come around and be good for us especially since our system is geared to the line backer position.

ALLD
08-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Hopefully he will be good for the playoffs. The Steelers have a weak schedule, so we can slide with intermittant substitutions until Harrison is at full strength.