PDA

View Full Version : Legursky may be right man for the job

stillers4me
08-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Have the Steelers made a lineup change as quietly as they did in promoting Kevin Colbert from director of football operations to general manager?

On the team’s updated depth chart, Doug Legursky, not Tony Hills, is the first-team right guard.

Hills had been listed as No. 1 there, and he started at right guard in the Steelers’ 34-16 win against the Atlanta Falcons last Saturday.

He was cryptic when asked if anything had been resolved vis a vis the competition at right guard...............

Read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2011/08/29/legursky-may-be-right-man-for-the-job/

GBMelBlount
08-30-2011, 04:35 PM
I like Legursky. He is not a "natural" but he works hard, has a great attitude and is strong as hell. He played well in the super bowl and will only continue to improve imo.

ALLD
08-30-2011, 06:42 PM
He is also our #2 C.

SteelerFanInStl
08-30-2011, 09:17 PM
He is also our #2 C.

According to TribLive Essex is now the #2 C.

Legursky had been listed as second-team center. Trai Essex, who re-signed with the Steelers listed week, is now listed as second-team, behind Maurkice Pouncey.

ALLD
08-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Now that is news.

86WARD
08-31-2011, 04:56 PM
That's just for this week according to some of the writers. Just a paper move...evidentally, not permanent.

86WARD
08-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Damn...Dulac says it's for good...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11243/1171257-100.stm

In what has a become revolving door at the position for the second year in a row, Doug Legursky will start at right guard in Thursday night's preseason finale in Carolina and, barring injury, will also open the regular season as the starter against the Baltimore Ravens.
Converted tackle Tony Hills started the previous two preseason games at right guard and looked as though he was in line to be the starter. But, after last week's game against the Atlanta Falcons, it was determined he lacked the experience and total understanding of the position.
Legursky, who is also the backup center, started four games at right guard last season after Trai Essex began the season as the starter. Essex returned from injury and started three more games, but he was eventually replaced by Ramon Foster for the rest of the season.

KeiselPower99
08-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Ain't a harder worker on the team. I hope he continues to improve and all the confusion and uncertainty about the position are laid to rest

86WARD
08-31-2011, 08:10 PM
I don't get it...

Craic
08-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Legursky (6-1, 315) is the team's smallest offensive lineman, but the coaches think he understands the offense and reads defenses better than any of his linemates, even Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11243/1171257-100.stm#ixzz1WfZRi6Ap

That is a heck of a statement! I've loved this kid from day one, remember ranting about him on the other site and could never understand why he wasn't on the field. I guess they were too nervous about not having a backup center or thought that his size limited him. However, this is huge. Last year when he played, the center of that line was SOLID. If Willie Colon is back to form and we get that LT ironed out, I do think we may be coming out of our OL woes.

The other thing I like, is that he's had a little experience playing the FB role. I know, not a lot, only on their goal line plays, and a couple times a year. But they kept it, which means he knows how to HIT on the run. Yeah, I am thinking about the Guard pulls!

Steeldude
08-31-2011, 11:00 PM
if he was just a few inches taller

tube517
08-31-2011, 11:37 PM
Legursky is also a 3rd string FB. Don't forget that job

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

SteelerFanInStl
09-01-2011, 09:16 AM
I like Legursky a lot and hope that he can lock down the RG position.

sactownsteeler
09-01-2011, 11:05 AM
so if Pouncey gets hurt again will it be Essex who comes in for center or will they move Legursky back to center and bring in Hills or Essex for guard?

86WARD
09-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Legursky is a great utility back up guy...not sure he is a starting RG