PDA

View Full Version : Busy Half Chasing WRs Gives Pittsburgh Defense An Eyeful

stillers4me
08-30-2011, 06:46 AM
James Harrison expected the Pittsburgh Steelers defense to be tested by the high-powered Atlanta Falcons. The All-Pro linebacker also expected to get off the field.Turns out, he was half right.Though the Steelers rode the big plays of wide receiver Antonio Brown to a 34-16 win on Saturday night, the league’s top defense a year ago had trouble keeping up with the Falcons, whose starters packed a full game’s worth of work into two busy quarters.Atlanta’s Matt Ryan threw a whopping 42 passes -- completing 22 of them -- for 220 yards with a touchdown and an interception without getting sacked, moving the ball with ease at times against Pittsburgh’s banged-up secondary..............

Read more @ http://www.wtae.com/sports/2444888/detail.html#ixzz1WQ3pqM8T

fansince'76
08-30-2011, 06:54 AM
All the third and long situations they converted were a little alarming, but at the end of the day, Ryan barely completed half of his passes and Atlanta's 1st team offense only managed 1 TD despite both our starting corners being out.

HometownGal
08-30-2011, 07:32 AM
All the third and long situations they converted were a little alarming, but at the end of the day, Ryan barely completed half of his passes and Atlanta's 1st team offense only managed 1 TD despite both our starting corners being out.

AMEN. That's exactly how I see it and overall, I think the unit did a pretty good job against one of the most potent offenses in the league.

sactownsteeler
09-01-2011, 12:15 AM
I thought we looked great against them considering def was vanilla on play calling and back up corners playing against a top 5 wr in White. They got lucky on Jones drop but overall I was happy with play considering.....

Galax Steeler
09-01-2011, 03:48 AM
I was at the game and at one time they had Troy lined up against White which was a mismatch but lucky for us Ryan missed White.