PDA

View Full Version : Legursky leaps Hills on O-line depth chart

stillers4me
08-30-2011, 06:20 AM
The Steelers may have quietly settled on a starter at right guard.

Doug Legursky is listed as No. 1 at right guard on the Steelers' updated depth chart, a week after Tony Hills held the spot.

A change to the depth chart is not uncommon, but the one at right guard came after Hills had said he thought the coaches have already decided on a starter at the position.

"You'll have to wait and see," he said before practice yesterday...........

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_754091.html

KeiselPower99
08-30-2011, 07:06 AM
Hell yeah!!!

86WARD
08-30-2011, 09:36 AM
I find that hard to believe. Hills has by far been the best lineman they've had this preseason.

Devilsdancefloor
08-30-2011, 11:11 AM
RG seems to be a revolving door position for us.

7willBheaven
08-30-2011, 11:38 AM
I look at this as Tomlin wanting to see what Legs can do there before he makes his decision before the start of the regular season...and i actually read that in an article somewhere yesterday or Sunday i think it was. Not a big deal...though I like Legs as a backup personally (not sayin he cant start/etc as i DO like him).

steelpride12
08-30-2011, 11:53 AM
I did finally see a jump in improvement from Hills this season, but I guess it wasn't enough against the vet. in Legursky.

BigNastyDefense
08-30-2011, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't mind Legursky being the starting RG. He's shown that he is a very good player. I'd hate to see him stereotyped into the super sub role.

86WARD
08-30-2011, 12:17 PM
This is just for the Carolina game...not a permanent thing...

Pouncey to play center?

Chidi29
08-30-2011, 12:19 PM
I'll take Hills over Legursky and I'm not exactly a fan of Tony to begin with.

But Legursky can't get to the second level at all. And that's something we see a lot from our interior line. It isn't easy by any means but the guy can't do it to save his life. And his pass protection is poor. He isn't able to get his arms into the lineman because they're short and the tackles just abuse him all day long.

I love the guy from a blue collar lunch pail standpoint and he's probably one of the hardest workers on the team and has earned everything he's done after being a UDFA, but he isn't starting material.

suitanim
08-30-2011, 12:48 PM
I'd be very, very surprised to see Legursky starting against the Ravens. I think Hills has earned the job.

Also noticed that Essex is listed as 2nd team center. If he starts against Carolina there, that's quite a lot to put on his shoulders.

sactownsteeler
08-30-2011, 12:52 PM
I think at this point Legursk is a tad bit better but I still think there is more up side with Hills and I like the move for him into the interior especially for running downs. Legursky I think is more reliable in pass protection.

Chidi29
08-30-2011, 01:05 PM
I'd be very, very surprised to see Legursky starting against the Ravens. I think Hills has earned the job.

Also noticed that Essex is listed as 2nd team center. If he starts against Carolina there, that's quite a lot to put on his shoulders.

If Legursky is going to start, there really aren't any other center choices.

86WARD
08-30-2011, 03:33 PM
I don't mind them shuffling the line to get some guys some work at different positions. You never know when or where they might have to go this route. especially with the curse that is this o-line...lol.