PDA

View Full Version : Steelers invest in flashy receivers

stillers4me
08-30-2011, 06:19 AM
One hasn't suited up for any of the Steelers' preseason games. Another has played in all of them but has barely registered a blip -- at least in the box scores.

The third member of the Steelers' "Money" receiving trio, meanwhile, has snagged the spotlight as easily as he has touchdown passes over the past month.

Not to worry, Emmanuel Sanders and Mike Wallace said Monday. They plan on joining Antonio Brown soon enough.........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_754088.html

GBMelBlount
08-30-2011, 06:43 AM
When asked if the gaggle of plays Brown has made has raised the bar for him, Sanders smiled.

"The bar has already been set by Mike Wallace," Sanders said. "He had a Pro Bowl year and that is the bar, Pro Bowls and Super Bowls around here."

The friendly competition between Brown and Saunders was well publicized last year and it looks like Brown has REALLY raised the bar.

I fully expect Sanders to step up and really contribute this year..if given enough playing time.

I REALLY hope Ben starts slinging it this year with his gaggle of talented receivers...I think this is a rare opportunity.

Texasteel
08-30-2011, 07:55 AM
I can't remember a better unit of WRs on this team. No I am not forgetting the two Hall of Fame WRs from the 70s, but when have we ever had 5 receivers with this much talent. With even a marginally better OL Ben is going have a great year.

GBMelBlount
08-30-2011, 08:49 AM
I can't remember a better unit of WRs on this team. No I am not forgetting the two Hall of Fame WRs from the 70s, but when have we ever had 5 receivers with this much talent. With even a marginally better OL Ben is going have a great year.

Assuming he stays "upright" and healthy. :grin:

I have a terrible feeling that defenses are going to "tee off" on Ben as the solution to defending the pass.....and I am also fearful they will have the passive support of the refs.

salamander
08-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Assuming he stays "upright" and healthy. :grin:

I have a terrible feeling that defenses are going to "tee off" on Ben as the solution to defending the pass.....and I am also fearful they will have the passive support of the refs.

Yepp, just like he gets his helmet ripped off last week and WE get penalized on that play.

86WARD
08-30-2011, 09:26 AM
6 targets of this level have never been on the Steelers at the same time. Ben has to be loving life right now...

Psycho Ward 86
08-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Cotchery, Miller, Mendenhall, Moore, Redman, Roethlisberger. Just...DAMN

sactownsteeler
08-30-2011, 12:57 PM
The amazing thing with the Steelers this year is there is no weakness in any WR on the team. They are all pretty interchangable and if one goes down there will be zero drop off in performance. We have speed( with the exception of Ward but he is so sneaky he makes up for it) with everyone of our receivers and all of them can go across the middle or stretch the field and all have excellent hands. Even our RB's our great at catching out of the backfield and Miller is so underused in the passing game its crazy and I am hoping he will get some looks this year since he will always be matched up with a LBer and should be able to abuse them at will.

Man I am excited to see Ben go for over 4k yards this year and finally silence all his critics about should he or shouldnt he be an elite qb with Brady and Manning.