PDA

View Full Version : Backup Crezdon Butler fights for starting job on corner

stillers4me
08-29-2011, 05:21 AM
The Steelers have had far more questions than answers at the corners of their defense.

And for the second game in a row, injured starting cornerbacks Ike Taylor and Bryant McFadden watched from the Heinz Field sideline during Saturday's 34-16 win over the Atlanta Falcons.

When McFadden's backup, Keenan Lewis, hobbled off with a left knee injury in the second quarter, defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau was down to his third option, Crezdon Butler.

Butler, who sat out last week's victory against Philadelphia with a strained quadriceps, intercepted a Chris Redman pass on the first snap of the fourth quarter. The second-year player sprinted untouched down the left sideline for a 95-yard touchdown that sent a jubilant crowd of 56,754 rushing toward the exits.

"The defensive line got some pressure, and I did a speed turn to get on top of the route," said Butler, who added a game-high nine tackles. "I had no idea I had daylight. I just ran."...........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_753954.html

Iron Steeler
08-29-2011, 05:51 AM
I think butler could break out this year for us. I was so happy he for that pick six. Finally looked like his clemson days

Iron Steeler
08-29-2011, 05:52 AM
Another thing I feel like crezdon butler or curtis brown would have been step for step with julio jones on that deep pass