PDA

View Full Version : After further review …(Steelers/Falcons)

stillers4me
08-29-2011, 05:18 AM
After watching the Steelers/Falcons preseason game on my DVR, here are some observations …

Matt Ryan threw 42 times for 220 yards in the first half Saturday against the Steelers, which obviously means the secondary will be the weak spot of the Steelers’ defense again this year.
Horse puckey, I say.

If you asked me, the Steelers’ secondary did exactly what Dick LeBeau expects them to do, and mind you, the two who will strap it up at the position in two weeks weren’t even dressed in Ike Taylor and Bryant McFadden..............

Read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2011/08/29/after-further-review-3/#.Tls0PCsGQMA.twitter

GBMelBlount
08-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Matt Ryan threw 42 times for 220 yards in the first half Saturday against the Steelers, which obviously means the secondary will be the weak spot of the Steelers’ defense again this year.

Horse puckey, I say....

Even with the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th corners on the roster playing, they did well against one of the top offenses in the league.

I agree.

We held a good quarterback to only 5 yards per attempt...and that was without two of our starters in the secondary.

At moments it does feel like we are getting picked apart, but the bend / don't break strategy does work the vast majority of the time.

Texasteel
08-29-2011, 07:15 AM
The pass rush rush was not quite up to par, even thought they did pressure Ryan several times. I think we will be alright once the season starts. Remember this has been a short TC and not everyone is quite ready yet.

fansince'76
08-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Ryan only completed 22 of the 42 passes he threw. I can live with that. My only real concern is getting off the field when it's third and long - still seem to be having trouble with that.

SteelerFanInStl
08-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Ryan only completed 22 of the 42 passes he threw. I can live with that. My only real concern is getting off the field when it's third and long - still seem to be having trouble with that.

Agreed. 3rd down conversions are still a concern.

fansince'76
08-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Agreed. 3rd down conversions are still a concern.

I can even live with a few 3rd-and-short situations being picked up - good teams like the Falcons are gonna get a few of those anyway. What's alarming to me is that they get teams in 3rd-and-10/12/15 situations and the opposing team still converts them with relative ease far too often.

Devilsdancefloor
08-29-2011, 09:28 AM
It was a bit sickening watching 3rd and 12 being converted it seemed like on a regular basis, but again it didnt seem like we blitzed at all, so maybe (hopefully) we where on the bit conservative side of things on D.

Count Steeler
08-29-2011, 10:26 AM
While it is maddening watching these conversions, we still seem to keep points off the board. I will take a 30ish to 10ish score every game. Stats be damned.