PDA

View Full Version : Gerry: Looks like Batch will be No. 2

stillers4me
08-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Nothing will be official until the Steelers resume practice tomorrow, but I have been told veteran Charlie Batch will move up as the No. 2 quarterback behind Ben Roethlisberger after Byron Leftwich broke his left arm against the Falcons.

That means the Steelers will probably try to get Batch lots of work with the first and second units in the final preseason game in Carolina Thursday night, depending, though, how much – or how little – some of them play.........

Read more @ http://burgh.us/77f

salamander
08-28-2011, 07:27 PM
I feel more comfortable with Batch as the #2 over Dixon. Batch may be old but at least he's a seasoned veteran.

stillers4me
08-28-2011, 07:31 PM
I feel more comfortable with Batch as the #2 over Dixon. Batch may be old but at least he's a seasoned veteran.

I know our fearless female leader disagrees, (:lol:) but I feel the same. I will be so glad when the final whistle blows on Thursday night....we have the best talent in the NFL as backup, but dey sure is fragile!!

salamander
08-28-2011, 07:35 PM
I know our fearless female leader disagrees, (:lol:) but I feel the same. I will be so glad when the final whistle blows on Thursday night....we have the best talent in the NFL as backup, but dey sure is fragile!!

I just don't understand the whole "Botch" thing. (Sorry Marianne :hug:). Whenever he's had to play he's never lost the game for us and as I see it, that's all you can ask for from your back-up QB.

zulater
08-28-2011, 07:41 PM
No surprise as Dixon isn't an NFL caliber qb, even as a backup.

zulater
08-28-2011, 07:42 PM
I just don't understand the whole "Botch" thing. (Sorry Marianne :hug:). Whenever he's had to play he's never lost the game for us and as I see it, that's all you can ask for from your back-up QB.

Good post! :thumbsup:

HometownGal
08-28-2011, 08:13 PM

Sorry, buddy but we'll have to agree to disagree. He's a great guy and a wonderful teammate who has helped to mentor Ben but as a QB, imho, he smells like sulfur and has the worst case of happy feet of any QB I think I've ever watched. P-U.

BlastFurnace
08-28-2011, 09:43 PM
I have confidence that Batch can win a game or two for us if needed. I like Charlie. Always have.

I don't have confidence that Dixon can win anything. It still scares me that he might have to be an option sometime this season.

fansince'76
08-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Sorry, buddy but we'll have to agree to disagree. He's a great guy and a wonderful teammate who has helped to mentor Ben but as a QB, imho, he smells like sulfur and has the worst case of happy feet of any QB I think I've ever watched. P-U.

He's still the better option than the poor man's Kordell Stewart we currently have at #3. Hopefully Ben stays healthy.

Count Steeler
08-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Bubble wrap Ben for the season.

oneforthetoe
08-29-2011, 02:13 AM
I like Charlie, but I swear he would get his ass kicked during 4th grade recess by the kid wearing suspenders, carrying the clarinet and wearing 2 inch thick glasses.

In other words this is a bully to Charlie Batch:

http://www.nfluencemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/urkel.jpg

No offense to clarinet players, suspender wearers or thick glasses people. ;)

Or Urkel fans

SteelerFanInStl
08-29-2011, 09:16 AM
He's still the better option than the poor man's Kordell Stewart we currently have at #3. Hopefully Ben stays healthy.

Yep. We just need to make sure that Ben stays healthy because either option behind him is poor.

86WARD
08-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Ugh...someone call Marc Bulger...lol.

shutdown
08-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Batch over Dixon any day of the week.

zulater
08-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Charlie Batch is to Marianne what Bruce Arains is to me. :heh: :wink02:

ALLD
08-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Batch is good for a few games if BB goes down, but no way he can carry a season.

zulater
08-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Batch is good for a few games if BB goes down, but no way he can carry a season.

Nor can Leftwich. If Ben goes down for more than a handfull of games the Steelers aren't legitimate Super bowl contenders imo.

ALLD
08-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Steelers would be lucky to make the playoffs if BB goes down, much like the 1976 Steelers.

tihmtahm
08-29-2011, 08:21 PM

I'd take Kordell over Dixon every day of the week. :behindsofa:

tube517
08-30-2011, 01:16 AM
Bring back Tee Martin, Kent Graham or Rich Campbell! :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
08-30-2011, 04:12 AM
We was saying this alot last year and looked what happened. It seems like our players step up when they need to and I think Batch will do just fine if we need him.

Godfather
08-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Nor can Leftwich. If Ben goes down for more than a handfull of games the Steelers aren't legitimate Super bowl contenders imo.

Butbutbut the haters told me BB is a mediocre at best quarterback who rides the defense.

HometownGal
08-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Charlie Batch is to Marianne what Bruce Arains is to me. :heh: :wink02:

Well - - -I wouldn't quite go that far. I don't loathe Botch like you BA haters loathe BA. :heh:

Let's just :pray: that Ben stays healthy and then this all will be moot. :thumbsup:

86WARD
08-30-2011, 09:29 AM
I have no confidence in either guy if it comes down to a ling term thing...zero.

steelreserve
08-31-2011, 12:46 AM
I'd take Leftwich with a broken arm over Batch as my #2. Batch will break his arm on the first play anyway. At least with Leftwich it's a known quantity.

Steeldude
08-31-2011, 12:59 AM
trade or cut kordell part 2

zulater
09-01-2011, 04:53 AM
Well - - -I wouldn't quite go that far. I don't loathe Botch like you BA haters loathe BA. :heh:

Let's just :pray: that Ben stays healthy and then this all will be moot. :thumbsup:

Who says I "loathe" Arians? I just believe him to be average at his job, and somewhat carried by Ben as an offensive coordinater. But being as Ben loves him I suppose it all works out in the end. But i still long to see the day that Ben is coached up to his full potential.