PDA

View Full Version : Cuts

7willBheaven
08-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Steelers Digest reporting on twitter:

5 players cut: TE Vaughn Charlton, CB Kevin Dockery, WR Eric Greenwood, WR Kenneth Moore and TE Miguel Chavis, waived/injured.

Baron Batch goes on IR. With 5 cuts means 4 more moves have to come before 4 pm Tuesday

Steelers' roster at 84 players; have until Tuesday at 4 pm to get to limit of 80.

7willBheaven
08-30-2011, 11:35 AM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Reduce-Roster-to-80/af611bf6-463b-43b4-afbf-f9a5f12be30d

The Steelers released four players today, reducing their roster to the league-mandated 80 players prior to today’s 4 p.m. deadline.

The four players released include linebacker Chris Ellis, wide receiver Terrence McCrae, cornerback Niles Brinkley and defensive tackle Anthony Gray.

The Steelers play at the Carolina Panthers on Thursday in the preseason finale for both teams. Pittsburgh must reduce its roster to 53 players by Saturday at 6 p.m.

Texasteel
08-30-2011, 11:37 AM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Reduce-Roster-to-80/af611bf6-463b-43b4-afbf-f9a5f12be30d

The Steelers released four players today, reducing their roster to the league-mandated 80 players prior to today’s 4 p.m. deadline.

The four players released include linebacker Chris Ellis, wide receiver Terrence McCrae, cornerback Niles Brinkley and defensive tackle Anthony Gray.

The Steelers play at the Carolina Panthers on Thursday in the preseason finale for both teams. Pittsburgh must reduce its roster to 53 players by Saturday at 6 p.m.

Sorry Perry.

Devilsdancefloor
08-30-2011, 11:50 AM
im kinda shocked at the gray cut i thought he was having a good camp....

7willBheaven
08-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Gray had very little chance to make the team this year. The only thing I'm surprised at is that he was a cut this early...i figured he'd make it to the final cuts and then they get him to the PS...then again they could still sign him to the PS if nobody else grabs him.

Chidi29
08-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Gray had very little chance to make the team this year. The only thing I'm surprised at is that he was a cut this early...i figured he'd make it to the final cuts and then they get him to the PS...then again they could still sign him to the PS if nobody else grabs him.

Same here.

The Duke
08-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Too bad about Gray. Thought he was doing good, but McClendon is definitely ahead of him now. Hope we keep him at least

And a dlineman is bound to land on the practice squad so might as well be Gray

Chidi29
08-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Too bad about Gray. Thought he was doing good, but McClendon is definitely ahead of him now. Hope we keep him at least

And a dlineman is bound to land on the practice squad so might as well be Gray

If I had to guess, a lack of conditioning did him in.

And even though someone like Casey Hampton contributed immediately, I still feel it's a very tough position to learn and there's a strong learning curve to it. Especially since most of these guys are coming from 4-3 defenses.

Psycho Ward 86
08-30-2011, 02:17 PM
how did Gray do during preseason anyways Chidi?

Chidi29
08-30-2011, 02:26 PM
how did Gray do during preseason anyways Chidi?

I thought he had a few "splash plays" to steal a line from Tomlin, getting penetration in the run game and even chasing down a few running backs. But his first game was his first and his playing time and play seemed to drop off in the last two. Saturday in part to the starters playing into the 3rd quarter.

86WARD
08-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Gray is a little bit of a surprise. Thought they would at least keep him through the final game...

Aussie_steeler
08-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Cant find the link but I read somewhere that Grays family was involved in a car accident yesterday. My guess he was going to be with them anyway and miss the game.

Get the cut out of the way now. Hide him from other organisations so that he can sneak onto the practice squad.

Will try to find the link.

LLT's dream lives on IMO - Could Anthony Gray be Perry's next Doug Legursky????

The Duke
08-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Cant find the link but I read somewhere that Grays family was involved in a car accident yesterday. My guess he was going to be with them anyway and miss the game.

Get the cut out of the way now. Hide him from other organisations so that he can sneak onto the practice squad.

Will try to find the link.

LLT's dream lives on IMO - Could Anthony Gray be Perry's next Doug Legursky????

Now that really sucks for him and his family. Hope everything is ok

But, I do agree this may be a way of getting him to the practice squad. That guy Paxson (??) was on our PS for years, and Gray seems like the obvious replacement for him