PDA

View Full Version : Perfectionist Ben

siss
08-28-2011, 10:40 AM
“It’s still another performance, in my opinion, where I’m happy that we scored but I still am a little disappointed that we haven’t done as well as I think we should have.” – Ben, during his post-game comments.

I wonder what it would take for Ben to say he is happy with the offense? I wasn't thrilled with the run game even though. And according to Tunch and Wolf, Ben took the o-line to task over the protection:yell::rant:. So I guess the offense does need a little work, but at this point its like adding Nitrous gas to a Camaro:nod: .

*Imagines Steelers hoisting Lombardi in Peytons house!
:thumbsup::cheer2::tt02:

zulater
08-28-2011, 10:42 AM
“It’s still another performance, in my opinion, where I’m happy that we scored but I still am a little disappointed that we haven’t done as well as I think we should have.” – Ben, during his post-game comments.

I wonder what it would take for Ben to say he is happy with the offense? I wasn't thrilled with the run game even though. And according to Tunch and Wolf, Ben took the o-line to task over the protection:yell::rant:. So I guess the offense does need a little work, but at this point its like adding a Nitrous gas to a Camaro:nod: .

*Imagines Steelers hoisting Lombardi in Peytons house!
:thumbsup::cheer2::tt02:

Ben's probably thinking about the one that got away. He had Ward wide open for an easy score, but he overthrew him slightly, mostly due to a collapsing pocket.

Count Steeler
08-28-2011, 10:47 AM
He also missed Antonio on the second play of the second drive. Antonio would have got at least 20 yards and may have taken it to the house if he could break a tackle.

(Antonio was in motion, going behind Ben, faking a reverse, then Ben threw the ball to him and he had at least 10 yards to the first defender.)

siss
08-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Ben's probably thinking about the one that got away. He had Ward wide open for an easy score, but he overthrew his slightly, mostly due to a collapsing pocket.
I forgot about that play.

Count Steeler
08-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Another encouraging part of our offense is that guys are wide open at times. The patterns and schemes of the OC seem to be working wonders, now that the receivers are picking up hot reads and running their routes properly.

zulater
08-28-2011, 10:51 AM
He also missed Antonio on the second play of the second drive. Antonio would have got at least 20 yards and may have taken it to the house if he could break a tackle.

(Antonio was in motion, going behind Ben, faking a reverse, then Ben threw the ball to him and he had at least 10 yards to the first defender.)

And I forgot about that one. So it's true, as good as Ben was last night, ( and he was really, really good) there were still a few plays he left out there. It's good that he's noticing these things rather than getting too full of himself. :applaudit:

siss
08-28-2011, 10:56 AM
And I forgot about that one. So it's true, as good as Ben was last night, ( and he was really, really good) there were still a few plays he left out there. It's good that he's noticing these things rather than getting too full of himself. :applaudit: Like I said: adding Nitrous to a Camaro!

GBMelBlount
08-28-2011, 10:59 AM
I like that Ben is hard on himself. That is a characteristic of a champion....even tough these missed opportunities are always a part of the game.

The line is definitely having issues however Ben is still playing extremely well.

..and I would imagine his QB rating is really up there.

86WARD
08-28-2011, 11:07 AM
5 super bowls and he'd be happy.

Psycho Ward 86
08-28-2011, 12:05 PM
It was the short swing pass out to Antonio Brown and that wide open shot to Hines Ward that he missed. He was under pressure on both, but yeah i agree, those were huuuuge missed opportunities and he should've been able to make them. Way to stay hungry Ben, we love it! :thumbsup:

The Duke
08-28-2011, 02:08 PM
5 super bowls and he'd be happy.

I have a feeling he won't be happy with that either :chuckle:

stillers4me
08-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I have a feeling he won't be happy with that either :chuckle:

Nope. If he gets 5, he'll always be pissed about the one he lost. It should have been 6! :doh: