PDA

View Full Version : Steeler injuries.

zulater
08-27-2011, 10:52 PM
The one I'm most concerned about is Maurkice Pouncey. I'd hate to see him start off the year by missing a significant portion of the season. Hopefully he just tweaked his ankle and will be back and fully healthy for the opener against the Ravens.

Also, any word on Leftwich? I like him as our backup, but damn guy, you've got to stop being such a China doll.

Shoes
08-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Lefty broke his arm...

http://multimedia.post-gazette.com/?clipId=6197140&topVideoCatNo=178632&autoStart=true

Chidi29
08-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Tomlin said Pouncey would be fine.

Count Steeler
08-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Good news then, except for Lefty. That could be a career ender.

Chidi29
08-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Good news then, except for Lefty. That could be a career ender.

If there's any silver lining, it was to his non-throwing arm.

Count Steeler
08-28-2011, 06:26 AM
If there's any silver lining, it was to his non-throwing arm.

Yes, but his contract is over this year? Unlikely Tomlin burns a roster spot for Lefty. He has to be out at least 6 weeks with the injury, I would imagine.

86WARD
08-28-2011, 06:42 AM
Good news on Pouncey. Not really happy with the back up spot at QB...

HometownGal
08-28-2011, 07:19 AM
Happy to hear that Maurkice will be OK but that sucks about Lefty. We have to :pray: that Ben stays healthy this season as I don't trust either Botch or Dixon back there. :horror:

zulater
08-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Happy to hear that Maurkice will be OK but that sucks about Lefty. We have to :pray: that Ben stays healthy this season as I don't trust either Botch or Dixon back there. :horror:

Batch is reliable and able to get us through a stretch of games without the season going up in flames as he proved as recently as last season.:rolleyes:

zulater
08-28-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm still a little nervous about Pouncey's injury, I think it's probably more significant than Tomlin's letting on.

stillers4me
08-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Remember last year.....he has a boot and crutches, his boot is off...He's playing, he's not playing....he's playng , he's not playing...:lol:

Not really a funny situation, just funny looking back at it..........

steelpride12
08-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Tomlin said all the injuries were minor of course except for Lefty who I know will miss the entire season.

X-Terminator
08-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm still a little nervous about Pouncey's injury, I think it's probably more significant than Tomlin's letting on.

If it was more significant, Tomlin would have said so. I'm guessing it's a sprain, because he tweaked it in the first series and still played on it until it got tweaked the second time. It's not broken or anything like that. So if Tomlin says he's going to be fine, I believe him.

stillers4me
08-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I had a pretty significant left ankle sprain in March and it still bothers me. I know he gets the very best treatments available but I understand how touchy they can be.

86WARD
08-28-2011, 11:10 AM
I had a pretty significant left ankle sprain in March and it still bothers me. I know he gets the very best treatments available but I understand how touchy they can be.

You ain't no super athlete with super healing powers and resources!!! All you am is a super fan like the rest of us commons! ;)

They are reporting that it is an ankle sprain and he'll be fine for week one. If for some reason he is not, we've been here, done that on a much bigger stage!!! :D

Polamalu Princess
08-28-2011, 11:43 AM
I sure hope and pray that all of our injured players will be up and running soon.

stillers4me
08-28-2011, 11:49 AM
You ain't no super athlete with super healing powers and resources!!! All you am is a super fan like the rest of us commons! ;)

Speak for yourself, oh lowly one! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/th_smiley-character0026.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/?action=view&current=smiley-character0026.gif)

:lol:

Pristas
08-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Gotta give props to Legursky for the remainder of that game. I didn't see any botched snaps. At least until my streaming feed ended in the third quarter.

zulater
08-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Gotta give props to Legursky for the remainder of that game. I didn't see any botched snaps. At least until my streaming feed ended in the third quarter.

We're lucky to have Legursky, but he's still no Pouncey. Of course no one else in the league is either.

86WARD
08-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Speak for yourself, oh lowly one! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/th_smiley-character0026.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/?action=view&current=smiley-character0026.gif)

:lol:

http://gridironfans.com/forums/images/smilies/misc/notworthy.gif

HollywoodSteel
08-28-2011, 03:02 PM

They are reporting that it is an ankle sprain and he'll be fine for week one. If for some reason he is not, we've been here, done that on a much bigger stage!!! :D

Only problem is, we lost on that bigger stage.

HollywoodSteel
08-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Can we just forfeit this last preseason game? I'm only half kidding here. I certainly don't want to risk Ben seeing significant, if any, time on the field. That means Dixon and Batch all game, and those two are a little breakable for my taste. Can we pick up a sacrificial lamb QB for one game?

Has Batch even seen any playing time in pre-season yet? If so, I missed it.

steeldevil
08-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Can we just forfeit this last preseason game?

Absolutely not when I can't get a refund for the tickets I bought. lol

stillers4me
08-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Absolutely not when I can't get a refund for the tickets I bought. lol

Nope. Charlie hasn't played since last year. Keep your fingers crossed. Our backups seem alittle too fragile for my taste.

86WARD
08-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Only problem is, we lost on that bigger stage.

True...but Legursky was ironically, one of the better players that day...lol.

Stlrs4Life
08-28-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm more worried about our non existing running game.