PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu lookin' a bit rusty?

Psycho Ward 86
08-27-2011, 09:13 PM
2 missed sideline tackles, dropped that interception (only mildly difficult), and partially responsible for that Roddy White TD.

Is it just me or did he look a bit rusty?

BlastFurnace
08-27-2011, 09:27 PM
I'm just happy when he gets up and he's not limping.

fansince'76
08-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Bad day at the office. He looked good against Philly.

X-Terminator
08-27-2011, 09:36 PM
You can't be great every game. And as was said earlier, as long as he's not limping, that's good enough for me.

SteelerFanInStl
08-27-2011, 09:48 PM
As long as he's healthy week one that's all I care about.

Edman
08-27-2011, 10:03 PM
He looked good against Philly. Sometimes you just have a bad day.

As long as he isn't hurt, he's fine.

GBMelBlount
08-27-2011, 10:12 PM
2 missed sideline tackles, dropped that interception (only mildly difficult), and partially responsible for that Roddy White TD.

On one of the two missed tackles the guy weighed close to 300 lbs and Troy had to take him high. It was a difficult tackle attempt at best imo. The interception attempt, when watched in slow motion, appeared to be VERY difficult to pull off as well. It was not an easy catch by any means.

I am not saying Troy's play was stellar tonight, but I would not necessarily point to those three plays as examples of sub standard play. That's all.

That being said, I do think Troy likely only has a few years of elite play left.

Psycho Ward 86
08-27-2011, 10:21 PM
On one of the two missed tackles the guy weighed close to 300 lbs and Troy had to take him high. It was a difficult tackle attempt at best imo. The interception attempt, when watched in slow motion, appeared to be VERY difficult to pull off as well. It was not an easy catch by any means.

I am not saying Troy's play was stellar tonight, but I would not necessarily point to those three plays as examples of sub standard play. That's all.

That being said, I do think Troy likely only has a few years of elite play left.

Mike Palmer is a 250lb tight end. And the velocity on that interception attempt slowed down a lot when it got tipped, and only slightly on his back shoulder. I dont know fellas, not pressing the panic button or anything, just way more mistakes than im used to seeing.

SteelerEmpire
08-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Mendenhall had 7 carries for a total of 8 yds.... ouch....

But as for Troy. I think their QB threw on the "right" side of the field 80% of the time... usually the other side from where Troy was at...

SteelerFanInStl
08-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Mike Palmer is a 250lb tight end. And the velocity on that interception attempt slowed down a lot when it got tipped, and only slightly on his back shoulder. I dont know fellas, not pressing the panic button or anything, just way more mistakes than im used to seeing.

If I remember correctly, the announcers said that he weighed about 270 lbs and he looked every bit of that. No excuses but that's not an easy tackle to make.

steelerdude15
08-27-2011, 11:22 PM
It's no big deal, many starters don't go full speed during preseason.

steeldevil
08-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Yeah I agree, as long as he is not hurt I am not concerned with how he plays in preseason.

Psycho Ward 86
08-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Mendenhall had 7 carries for a total of 8 yds.... ouch....

But as for Troy. I think their QB threw on the "right" side of the field 80% of the time... usually the other side from where Troy was at...

not on that TD he didn't.

X-Terminator
08-28-2011, 10:41 AM

You act like that interception landed right on his hands. That was NOT an easy catch to make. And as for the TE, he's giving up 40+ lbs to him...no easy task there either.

I think you are pressing the panic button, and it is WAY too soon to do so. As I said earlier, you cannot be great every time. The best players in the league have "substandard" games every now and then.

86WARD
08-28-2011, 11:32 AM

That's Troy though. He'll gamble and lose, he'll go for the big hit and not
Always get it. I like to think of it like I do Ben. For every sack he takes holding onto the ball too long, he makes 3-4 plays doing the same. Same with Troy...if we start to see it consistently, then we should worry. Until then it's Troy being Troy.

oneforthetoe
08-28-2011, 02:48 PM
That's Troy though. He'll gamble and lose, he'll go for the big hit and not
Always get it. I like to think of it like I do Ben. For every sack he takes holding onto the ball too long, he makes 3-4 plays doing the same. Same with Troy...if we start to see it consistently, then we should worry. Until then it's Troy being Troy.

This

Polamalu Princess
08-28-2011, 03:05 PM
I love to see Troy make the big plays all the time, but he is allowed to have an off game. I just want to have him healthy, as I enjoy watching him play so much - hence my name!!

Randy06
08-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Your really looking to much into this he is human i mean geeze what do you want.

Psycho Ward 86
08-28-2011, 06:22 PM
he's looked substandard to the typical Troy. Just preseason football, but i KNOW im not the only one on here who was bothered by it. there are years where we cant even remember Troy missing a tackle.

Devilsdancefloor
08-28-2011, 07:24 PM
i think the problem is we have seen troy make plays superman would have trouble making and when he has a off night which would be a pretty good night for most safeties we scratch our head

stillers4me
08-28-2011, 07:28 PM
I don't even want him trying to be superman in the preseason. It's hard enough on my heart watching him do it in real games. I hold my breath every time he goes down until I see him get up and walk without a limp.

salamander
08-28-2011, 07:32 PM
It's the preseason. Relax.