PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ Secondary Shakedown: Who Will Be Left Standing?

stillers4me
08-26-2011, 05:22 AM
Before the Super Bowl was even over, many of us in Steelers Nation knew that the secondary was the kryptonite to its own team. The re-signing of Face Me Ike was the elephant in the room and everyone knew the team needed to draft a corner or two as well. The Steelers singed Ike and got a couple of rookies from the draft. But, injuries have plagued the secondary from the very beginning that has shrouded a cloud over any sort of clarity to the situation. So who will Mike Tomlin choose to keep when he narrows the roster down to 53 players by September? ............

Read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/08/25/steelers-secondary-shakedown-who-will-be-left-standing/#more-8973

SteelerFanInStl
08-26-2011, 01:00 PM
It'll be interesting to see who actually makes the team. Lewis has been a big disappointment but I thought that he played pretty well against the Eagles. I've been impressed with Warren so I'd like to see him make the team. No mention of Butler in the article. I don't know if Allen makes the team. Mundy has looked pretty good in the preseason so I think that we could get away with keeping him and one of the young guys.

86WARD
08-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Warren and Mundy have done very well. Lewis I want to see more of and maybe it's just me, but I don't think Brown has gotten his fair share of snaps...

sactownsteeler
08-27-2011, 03:32 PM
I think McFadden will be the one who is out. 2.5 mil and his play is no better than anyone else we have. I admit I was excited when we got him back cause Gay was so horrible but at least Gay is ok in the slot. Hopefully Lewis can finally step up and nail down that side.