PDA

View Full Version : Steelers offense dusts off no-huddle attack

stillers4me
08-26-2011, 05:11 AM
After a significant decrease in employing the no-huddle offense last year, the Steelers may dust it off against Atlanta on Saturday — to the delight of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

"I love it, and so do the wide receivers," Roethlisberger said. "I like the change of pace. I like the up-tempo, and it's hard for the defense to substitute."

The Steelers ran the offense much more frequently two years ago compared to last year. That was because of young receivers such as Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders, along with having a lot of new starting offensive linemen, including rookie center Maurkice Pouncey.............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_753548.html

cakmakli
08-26-2011, 07:20 AM
I am a big fan of the no huddle seems like it works well for us.

Galax Steeler
08-26-2011, 07:21 AM
I am a big fan of the no huddle seems like it works well for us.

If the time is right we could pick some people apart with the weapons we have.

suitanim
08-26-2011, 09:55 AM
The best part of the no-huddle is that Ben calls all the plays, and the all plays that HE calls work.:sarcasm:

Texasteel
08-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Our WRs are veterans and young veterans. Our line might be a little better than last year. I really thought they would try to use the no huddle more.

tube517
08-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Cotchery. The Young Money receivers stretch the field while the 2 vets stay underneath. Watch out!

86WARD
08-26-2011, 10:21 AM
The best part of the no-huddle is that Ben calls all the plays, and the all plays that HE calls work.:sarcasm:

Most of them at least...

SteelerFanInStl
08-26-2011, 01:02 PM
I'd like to see more of the no huddle. It's a big advantage for our offense.

HollywoodSteel
08-26-2011, 01:23 PM

Didn't you hear? Now that Spaeth is gone, BA is going to suit up as the second tight end so that he can be in there to call predictable plays. I hear he can really stretch the field though.

suitanim
08-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Didn't you hear? Now that Spaeth is gone, BA is going to suit up as the second tight end so that he can be in there to call predictable plays. I hear he can really stretch the field though.

Or was it reach into the grab bag? I can never keep track....

Count Steeler
08-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Look forward to it. Our offense looks even more potent when going no huddle.

Psycho Ward 86
08-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Rookie running back Baron Batch is no longer using crutches one week after undergoing ACL surgery. Batch is still on the active roster, but he likely will be placed on injured reserve this weekend

I don't know much about ACL surgery, but that seems kind of remarkable?

tube517
08-26-2011, 04:38 PM

If BA can be a good lookout for Sushishamwow to take a leak after drinking, then and only then, he will have replaced Spaeth

Boomerang
08-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Ben thrives in the no huddle and i am happy to see it may feature again.

GBMelBlount
08-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Would love to see them open up the offense this year and use the no huddle a lot more frequently.