PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Injuries Add Up – NFL Must Address Rule Changes

stillers4me
08-24-2011, 04:25 PM
I’ve never been one to freak out before a season starts, screaming about how we’re starting behind due to injuries, but this year is getting to be a little bit ridiculous. Typical for the situation we’re in, but ridiculous. Is it the late start due to the lockout? No two-a-days? Or are we just injury prone? As it stands, this is where we’re at with injuries:..........

Read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/08/24/steelers-injuries-add-up-nfl-must-address-rule-changes/#more-8977

Chidi29
08-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Showing an injury report isn't exactly convincing enough to show that the rule changes are the root cause. You'd need to have a detailed study.

Is Ike not going to break his thumb making a tackle because he had a few more OTAs? Is Scott's knee not going to overextend after taking a helmet to it?

And think about the injuries avoided by less practices.

fansince'76
08-24-2011, 04:46 PM

Good point. Didn't we lose Colon for the season last year during a June minicamp?

Chidi29
08-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Good point. Didn't we lose Colon for the season last year during a June minicamp?

Yep. And Batch was injured in practice.

Pittsburgh43
08-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Imagine how the Giants are feeling right now. They've been absolutely riddled by injuries.

But injuries are part of the game and the Steelers never use injuries as an excuse.

GBMelBlount
08-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Showing an injury report isn't exactly convincing enough to show that the rule changes are the root cause. You'd need to have a detailed study.

Is Ike not going to break his thumb making a tackle because he had a few more OTAs? Is Scott's knee not going to overextend after taking a helmet to it?

Maybe they should eliminate the entire preseason....think of the injuries they would avoid! :chuckle:

Count Steeler
08-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Gosh, maybe they should eliminate the preseason....think of the injuries they would avoid!

Virtual reality, here we come. 0 injuries.

BnG_Hevn
08-25-2011, 12:38 PM

That isn't exactly a professional website. Just b/c someone pays for a domain name and puts things on the 'net doesn't make it factual.

Chidi29
08-25-2011, 12:46 PM
That isn't exactly a professional website. Just b/c someone pays for a domain name and puts things on the 'net doesn't make it factual.

I'm aware of that. Which is why I discredit the article.

suitanim
08-25-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm sure that the work stoppage will end up resulting in a net increase in injuries. But that's much more about the players being lazy then anything else. I don't know, I read somewhere here or elsewhere an article about how there is just always a certain percentage of players who refuse to do anything to get in shape until OTA's, or camp.