PDA

View Full Version : Colbert on top of his game

stillers4me
08-24-2011, 06:26 AM
So what's next for Kevin Colbert after a wonderful offseason in which he signed Lawrence Timmons, LaMarr Woodley, Willie Colon and Ike Taylor to new long-term contracts and brought in veteran wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery for valuable depth?

Making the Earth move?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

But, seriously, I wouldn't put anything past Colbert, the Steelers director of football operations. There might not be a less recognizable front-office executive in the NFL. I mean, the man could walk into the Giant Eagle in his North Hills neighborhood and not be known by anyone but his friends. But I'm thinking he is as good as anyone in the league at what he does. For proof, I offer the Steelers' two Super Bowl titles and a third Super Bowl appearance, their six division championships and their seven playoff appearances in his 11 seasons on the job............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11236/1169367-87-0.stm

wvsportsman
08-24-2011, 06:54 AM
I felt the earth move a little yesterday! Was that colbert at work?

GodfatherofSoul
08-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Not to belittle the signings in any way, but a great offseason IMO is based on how good your cap situation looks a couple years down the road. I do appreciate that we're an organization of humble *producers* like Colbert and not neon-sign waving egomaniacs.