PDA

View Full Version : Kovacevic: Steelers' corners of little concern

stillers4me
08-22-2011, 05:33 AM
It's never tough to light up the live wire that is Ike Taylor. But prod him a bit further by mentioning the vast public concern over the Steelers' cornerbacks, and the man takes it to another level.

"You know, I don't get it," Taylor replied to my prod this weekend on the South Side. "The defensive backs get identified as the weak link every year. We've got three Super Bowl appearances in six years. We had the top-ranked defense. You know what? Let me ask everyone: What do we have to do? What do you want to see from us?"
He shook his head.

"It shows a lot of people don't know what they're talking about. Obviously, this organization knows what it's doing."

Obviously, right?................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_752702.html

SteelerEmpire
08-22-2011, 06:19 AM
I hope LeBeau and Lake are right. From all I can tell the only variable is coach Lake in all of that. I guess he figures he can coach these guys up to better play ?

BigNastyDefense
08-22-2011, 08:47 AM
I always say that the FO knows what they are doing, they know more than we do.

Hopefully Lake can teach these boys some things and get their level of play up.

If we get McFadden back to his 2008 level of play, then I will be more comfortable with him as our #2 cornerback. I don't mind Gay as out nickel back.

Hopefully Lewis finally learned something and the rookies end up being solid contributors in dime and quarter situations and can play well on ST.

The Duke
08-22-2011, 10:30 AM
I have absolutely no problem with the starters, but I wish hope someone can step up in case of injury

so far by his preseason Keenan Lewis seems to be that guy

My only concern is who stays and who goes. Crezdon and Cortez are both practice squad candidates, and could easiliy be nabbed by another team. From the beginning Cortez was considered a project, so it would suck to lose another 4th round pick

suitanim
08-22-2011, 10:57 AM
"It shows a lot of people don't know what they're talking about. Obviously, this organization knows what it's doing."

Well, that's it, then. Ike Taylor is a mindless lemming.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-22-2011, 11:50 AM
I have absolutely no problem with the starters, but I wish hope someone can step up in case of injury

so far by his preseason Keenan Lewis seems to be that guy

My only concern is who stays and who goes. Crezdon and Cortez are both practice squad candidates, and could easiliy be nabbed by another team. From the beginning Cortez was considered a project, so it would suck to lose another 4th round pick

Yeah, if they keep 6 I would like to see: Taylor, McFadden, Lewis, Warren, Brown, Allen. Cut Gay and try to put Butler on the PS. I know its unlikely they go with that much youth, but I'd be willing to risk them letting Gay walk.

Psycho Ward 86
08-22-2011, 12:10 PM
still not impressed at all by Keenan Lewis. his recovery speed is horrid, and that interception against the Eagles was a gimme.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-22-2011, 12:17 PM
still not impressed at all by Keenan Lewis. his recovery speed is horrid, and that interception against the Eagles was a gimme.

Yeah, the INT was thrown behind the receiver. IMO, Lewis has played better than Gay so far this preseason.

Carnell Lake says that he thinks Lewis "can cover anybody in the league. He can run, has size and is physical. Its up to him..."

Iron Steeler
08-22-2011, 12:27 PM
I know our scheme is to keep plays on front of us. But I would love to see better man to man play

Count Steeler
08-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Ike, we would like to have a secondary that has more than a fleeting chance against New England, Green Bay and New Orleans.

shutdown
08-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Jerry Rice said it best: "Man to man, the receiver is going to win that battle 9 out of 10 times."

Yet our CB's are scapegoats for a scheme setting them up to look bad.

In a dream world id love for the Steelers to pick up Revis, Asomugha, Woodson, etc so we can watch them all struggle as well.

Maybe then we would realize it's the nature of the beast. However as we all know, the good by far outweighs the bad. :thumbsup: