PDA

View Full Version : Fast Willie Parker wont make the Redskins cut

venom
06-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Time Story Report: Parker won't make final roster : According to a report on Comcast SportsNet, the Redskins will not have RB Willie Parker on the final 53-man roster.:noidea:

BPS3akaWirels3
06-24-2010, 01:46 PM
I really wish we had a place for him or someone picked him up and made the best of home.. I really feel he is better then 50% of the RB's out there... Again I salute you Fast Willie..

fansince'76
06-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Hell, why even bother with TC if you know who's gonna be on the roster or not already?

ALLD
06-24-2010, 03:30 PM
It's cold in June.

SteelerSal
06-24-2010, 03:35 PM
As often as RB's get injured in the NFL, Willie will find a team sometime during the season.......just hope it's not with us because that would mean one of ours would have an injury.

BigNastyDefense
06-24-2010, 07:49 PM
I don't think this is true. He might not be, but I think he will be given a fair chance to make the team. He isn't just a camp body.

Galax Steeler
06-25-2010, 04:04 AM
I think Willie is to good to be cut now he is not a bad backup to have around.

HometownGal
06-25-2010, 06:34 AM
Hell, why even bother with TC if you know who's gonna be on the roster or not already?

^This. Not much else that can be said.

Texasteel
06-25-2010, 06:38 AM
It is still off season, and it looks like some average talent writer needed readers.

cold-hard-steel
06-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Maybe we did run the wheels off of Willie .I think he will find a home somewhere also. I think he may still have a little steam left in the ole boiler.

SteelMember
06-25-2010, 08:46 AM
He may be a cut casualty, 'cause you figure they're not going to keep ALL of the half dozen vet RB's they signed.

Hello SportsNet... at least let them compete for the damn job. :doh: Some of those other guys have been banged up more than Willie.

suitanim
06-25-2010, 09:03 AM
If this is true, would anyone be surprised? The Steelers have an uncanny knack for keeping players just the exact right amount of time...

polamalubeast
06-25-2010, 09:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGsGQjIpoW0&feature=related

oneforthetoe
06-25-2010, 09:28 PM
See this is how we messed up. We all know Danny Boy Snyder likes to overpay for talent. We should have signed Willie to a new heavily back-loaded contract and traded him to the "skinnies" fort a first round pick (of course, he isn't worth that). Snyder thinks if you are paying a guy too much, he must be good.

ALLD
06-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Maybe he lost his heart? He was never the same after the broken leg.

pepsyman1
06-25-2010, 10:36 PM
I still think Willie will end up getting a chance. He looked MUCH better at the end of last season after he was fully recovered and rested. He didn't get a lot of work with Mendie starting, but he looked like he had gotten his burst back. He looked fast against Miami in the last game.

suitanim
06-25-2010, 10:38 PM
I guess Willie's plan to pretend to be injured to INCREASE (yes, I know...sarcasm in spades here) his value for a huge FA contract failed.

There's a lesson for all retarded people here: Players do NOT take the last year of their contract off! They play their asses off for a big future pay day. Odds are, Willie's done. And no need to feel sorry. He had a GREAT run. UDFA, set a Super Bowl record and played on two Super Bowl winning teams, signed a big deal and got rich. It's actually a really nice story....and now it's probably over. I liked Fats Willie...I wish him the best if he's done....and even better if he's not.

TatarMongol
06-26-2010, 01:17 AM
This is sad.

kielbasasteeler
06-26-2010, 01:59 AM
his first memorable game

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Willie_Parker_2005.jpg

vasteeler
06-26-2010, 09:47 AM
willies finished

ALLD
06-26-2010, 09:57 AM
I guess Willie's plan to pretend to be injured to INCREASE (yes, I know...sarcasm in spades here) his value for a huge FA contract failed.

There's a lesson for all retarded people here: Players do NOT take the last year of their contract off! They play their asses off for a big future pay day. Odds are, Willie's done. And no need to feel sorry. He had a GREAT run. UDFA, set a Super Bowl record and played on two Super Bowl winning teams, signed a big deal and got rich. It's actually a really nice story....and now it's probably over. I liked Fats Willie...I wish him the best if he's done....and even better if he's not.

I bet players on the 1970s Steelers rarely took a down off let alone an entire season. It was bad karma for FWP not to put his best effort forward. And if that was his best effort at least he went down trying.

steelpride12
06-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Eh it's hard to believe that so early in the offseason and anyway Parker will find a home before the season or if a RB goes down mark my word.