PDA

View Full Version : Steelers GM Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin at Terelle Pryor's workout

Psycho Ward 86
08-20-2011, 01:31 PM
NFL Network’s Albert Breer reports the teams in attendance are the 49ers, Bills, Browns, Buccaneers, Chargers, Colts, Cowboys, Dolphins, Eagles, Lions, Raiders, Redskins, Saints and Steelers.

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert and head coach Mike Tomlin are present, according to Breer, as is former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel.

Read more @ http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/20/fourteen-teams-present-at-pryor-workout/?module=HP11_headline_stack

Chidi29
08-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Meh, don't read too much into it. The workout was in Pittsburgh.

Carolina Steelers
08-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Meh, don't read too much into it. The workout was in Pittsburgh.

My thoughts exactly. Why not go its right in town

GBMelBlount
08-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Where was Pryor ranked among college quarterbacks. I can remember all the buzz about him as the top recruit in the country his senior year of high school.

86WARD
08-20-2011, 03:30 PM
I'd take him in a second and play him at TE like Jermichael Finley. He'd be boss there as a receiving guy.

steeldevil
08-20-2011, 03:32 PM
We won't get him. With how the supplemental draft works we wouldn't be able to get him even if we wanted him I bet.

86WARD
08-20-2011, 04:23 PM
They'd have to offer the lowest pick for him...basically. I'd throw a 4 out there...just because of the history the Steelers have had with 4th rounders. It's more or less been awful...so this would either fall in line or be a nice surprise. I think a 4th might be able to get him...most people think he's worth a 5th...but I wouldn't give anything more than that...

BigNastyDefense
08-20-2011, 04:32 PM
No biggie. It was in Pittsburgh, so why not attend.

Someone will spend a fourth or fifth on Pryor. Maybe even a third, depending on where they want to play him.

I think most are looking at him as a WR or a TE. Maybe a shot at QB later on. He could be a third string QB who plays WR. That way your third stringer is always dressed and active so if you needed him, you're first and second stringers are still available if they can come back.

Chidi29
08-20-2011, 08:05 PM
At best, I think you're looking at a sixth.

No team wants to take a chance at offering up a 3rd round pick when they know only a few teams will end up putting in selections and one to three players will get drafted.

With the supension looming and Pryor being a much better athlete than positonal player (whever that will end up in itself debatable), I can't see him going high.

86WARD
08-20-2011, 08:09 PM
It was actually more than what Breer initially reported. It was 17 teams.

Buffalo Bills
Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals
Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Lions
Indianapolis Colts
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Washington Redskins

86WARD
08-20-2011, 08:12 PM
At best, I think you're looking at a sixth.

No team wants to take a chance at offering up a 3rd round pick when they know only a few teams will end up putting in selections and one to three players will get drafted.

With the supension looming and Pryor being a much better athlete than positonal player (whever that will end up in itself debatable), I can't see him going high.

Take the list and look at the teams on it...some not recognized for making the best personnel decisions:

Buffalo Bills
Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals
Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Lions
Indianapolis Colts - HAVE COME OUT AND SAID THEY ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED.
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles - DREAM TEAM
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Washington Redskins

Quite possible someone will "overpay" for him...I tend to agree he's not worth anything more than a 5...more likely a 6 in my book, but someone will go all out...

JayC
08-20-2011, 09:14 PM
ive had enough of qbs like vince young, dennis dixon etc..they are no good except maybe one every 10 years. if he plays WR though maybe he can help somebody i guess

also i think this guy feels like a cancer to a team. he will think hes a starter and want traded and holding out etc in the future if some team doesnt play him or tries to change his position. hopefully the bungles or browns get this guy just so he sparks controversy with them in the future

O'Malley
08-20-2011, 09:48 PM
He isn't even a QB... The kid has at best poor mechanics and locks on to recievers. He runs well, have no idea if he can catch. But I do know he is not a QB...:rip:

suitanim
08-21-2011, 11:28 AM
He throws better than Tebow did.

But he's not nearly as smart.

He's a physical freak, and I think he's got the potential to be a phenomenal WR/TE hybrid type-guy (TE's don't run 4.36 40's)

But he's a punk, and has been all along (even though i gave him his shot when the Bucks recruited him, he quickly wore out his welcome). I don't really think he'd be a good Steeler.

Pittsburgh43
08-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Pryor just left the Steelers facilities on the Southside after visiting with the team for 2 hours.

Count Steeler
08-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Hope the Steelers don't overbid for him. 5th or 6th and see what happens. However, I hope they have a good sense of the kid after meeting with him for 2 hours. Physical tools are one thing, mental state is really where championships are won or lost.