PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' offensive line struggling with pass

stillers4me
08-20-2011, 07:45 AM
When Ben Roethlisberger looks around at his play-making receivers, his 1,000-yard running back and his pass-catching tight end, he knows that the sky is the limit for the Steelers' offense.

If the first two preseason games are any indication, the sky isn't going to be Roethlisberger's limit — that just may be the offensive line's ability to keep him upright.

While the still work-in-progress offensive line performed well during Thursday's 24-14 preseason win over Philadelphia by running for 144 yards, the pass protection left much to be desired.

And Roethlisberger has been taking the brunt of it, getting hit nearly 50 percent of the time he's dropped back to pass in two preseason games.............

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_752551.html

SteelerFanInStl
08-20-2011, 09:02 AM
This is the only thing that can hold back our offense. We've got to do a better job of protecting Ben.

7willBheaven
08-20-2011, 11:05 AM
I think once they get the starters SET and they work together consistently they will get even better.

steelpride12
08-20-2011, 12:27 PM
We won the SB's in 05' and 08' with a mediocre, sub par line and we can do it again now with one of the best offenses we have ever had.

Count Steeler
08-20-2011, 01:16 PM
I think once they get the starters SET and they work together consistently they will get even better.

^This. I think by the end of the third pre season game, we should have the O line set. If they stay healthy, I think this will be a positive season for the O Line.

GBMelBlount
08-20-2011, 02:00 PM
I hate to say it but Ben has been hit, punched, slammed, stepped on, smacked, walloped, and kicked so many times I do not know how he is still producing...

Very few quarterbacks have the toughness to not only survive, but thrive the way that Ben has.

He toughness and resilience has truly EARNED my respect these last several years.

O'Malley
08-20-2011, 11:39 PM
I hate to say it but Ben has been hit, punched, slammed, stepped on, smacked, walloped, and kicked so many times I do not know how he is still producing...

Very few quarterbacks have the toughness to not only survive, but thrive the way that Ben has.

He toughness and resilience has truly EARNED my respect these last several years.

I think it is just Ben's style of play... He almost seems to like to get hit. It always seems to wake him up..

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-22-2011, 04:41 AM
I think once they get the starters SET and they work together consistently they will get even better. so true. Consider the injuries to Kemo, Scott, Gilbert, and having foster,Legursky Scott and Hills rotating at RG.

Get the starting 5 in there and pressure will be less