PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward: Ben Roethlisberger needs to address Pittsburgh ...‎

polamalubeast
06-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers WR Hines Ward said Wednesday that QB Ben Roethlisberger has more work to do in order to win back the faith of his teammates before training camp

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/06/hines-ward-ben-roethlisberger-needs-to-address-pittsburgh-steelers-teammates-prior-to-training-camp/1

polamalubeast
06-24-2010, 09:02 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Hines-Ward-wants-Ben-Roethlisberger-to-address-teammates.html

Hines Ward wants Ben Roethlisberger to address teammates

Apparently, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward isn't satisfied yet with suspended quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's level of communication with his teammates.

Ward indicated during an NFL Network interview Wednesday that Roethlisberger needs to address the entire team about the incident Georgia as the quarterback was investigated for an alleged sexual assault and wasn't charged with a crime.

Ward said that Roethlisberger has yet to address the entire team, but expressed confidence that will happen.

“A lot of players really don’t know the situation, other than what we hear in the news or the media,” Ward said. “I think when he addresses the whole team going into training camp, we can all put it behind us and move forward.”

It sounds like Roethlisberger does need to rebuild his relationships in the locker room to gain closure on his off-field issues.

Meanwhile, Ward made it clear that the players expect Byron Leftwich to start in Roethlisberger's absence.

Ready for fantasy football? Click here to purchase the 2010 Total Access Pass/Draft Guide from the NFP
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/front-office-presale.html

BPS3akaWirels3
06-24-2010, 09:13 AM
I agree with Ward... Ben is their leader and he has F'ed up a lot in the last 4 years..

Killer
06-24-2010, 09:30 AM
More shitty reporting.

I watched his interview with Rich Eisen.

What he really said is the team is ready to put it all behind them and move on.

He also said Wallace is gonna have a breakout year.

steelpride12
06-24-2010, 09:41 AM
More shitty reporting.

I watched his interview with Rich Eisen.

What he really said is the team is ready to put it all behind them and move on.

He also said Wallace is gonna have a breakout year.
Yupp Ward was on NFL Network this morning and was asked about Ben. Hines said he is sure Ben will addess the team come training camp and he is not worries Ben will make a recovery and there is no dispute within the team.

And oh yes seems like Ward has been helping Wallace out a lot this offseason and he is impressing!

vasteeler
06-24-2010, 10:11 AM
I agree with Ward... Ben is their leader and he has F'ed up a lot in the last 4 years..

not to be an ass but please explain how he has f'ed up
sorry if i dont see accusations as f up's

BPS3akaWirels3
06-24-2010, 10:18 AM
not to be an ass but please explain how he has f'ed up
sorry if i dont see accusations as f up's

Sure.. Putting himself in these situations and knowing what the negatives could be as a superstar... And please don't tell me he couldn't see these kind of outcomes.. I'm not a superstar but still have had to deal with sicko women in my time at bars and dancing parlors... lol

BlastFurnace
06-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Oh boy...here comes a 100 page thread on the Ben topic again.

steelpride12
06-24-2010, 10:29 AM

Yupp, please change this thread to The Bash Ben Thread Mods.:sarcasm:

Wallace108
06-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Hmmm, there for a minute, I thought it might turn into a Wallace appreciation thread. :noidea: :heh:

BPS3akaWirels3
06-24-2010, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=Wallace108;16889]Hmmm, there for a minute, I thought it might turn into a Wallace appreciation thread. :noidea: :heh:[/QUOT

I'd love to turn it into that.. nuff said about Ben... Speaking of Wallace, his jersey will be the next one in my closet as soon as I start working again...

Killer
06-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Hmmm, there for a minute, I thought it might turn into a Wallace appreciation thread. :noidea: :heh:

I tried, man, I tried.

People swallow everything 'the press' says like sheep.

I get so sick of this crap - Eisen kept poking, poking, trying to get Ward to say something bad about Ben when it was obvious Hines was trying to talk football and wasn't really concerned about his QB.

Fuck Rich Eisen

BlastFurnace
06-24-2010, 02:39 PM
I tried, man, I tried.

I get so sick of this crap - Eisen kept poking, poking, trying to get Ward to say something bad about Ben when it was obvious Hines was trying to talk football and wasn't really concerned about his QB.

Fuck Rich Eisen

I can't stand Rich Eisen. There are some good people on NFL Network, but he's not one of them.

BigNastyDefense
06-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Sure.. Putting himself in these situations and knowing what the negatives could be as a superstar... And please don't tell me he couldn't see these kind of outcomes.. I'm not a superstar but still have had to deal with sicko women in my time at bars and dancing parlors... lol

The Nevada accusation is a total pile of bullshit. I don't know how you can claim you were raped when you were bragging before the alleged incident even happened that you were going to have sex with the guy? The woman is a psycho and I don't think she will be able to validate any of this shit in court when the time comes.

Now the Georgia incident, that's an eff up. He put himself in a stupid position.

And if you're going to bring up the motorcycle accident, he's not 100% at fault in that. He should have been wearing a helmet. But it wasn't a provision in his contract to not ride motorcycles and before that there were photos of him on his website riding. So it's not like the Steelers didn't know he rode, you can't convince me they had no idea. If the woman who hit him would have actually been paying attention, that day would have been a normal day.

stillers4me
06-24-2010, 08:13 PM
The media is always trying to twist Hines' comments to make it sound like he and Ben don't get along and that something is wrong in the locker room.

HometownGal
06-24-2010, 08:31 PM

I know . . . I know. Personally, I'm sick to f'in death of the Ben saga.

It really isn't up to Hines or any other player to critique Ben publicly at this time imho. What the coaches think on Ben's progress and Ben's own self-confidence and desire to turn his life and career around in a positive manner is what really matters.

steeldawg
06-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Ben got a raw deal plain and simple he doesnt have a problem the only reason hes in counsling is to reduce his suspension from 6 to 4 games. Vince young in a strip club at 2am attacks a guy on camera and is charged with a crime but nobody seems to care. The media jumped the gun assuming Ben was guilty and calling for his head but when no evidence could be found to even prove probable cause they could only attack the fact that he was in a bar and drinking, OOHH the HORROR!!!!

Bluecoat96
06-24-2010, 09:05 PM
The media is always trying to twist Hines' comments to make it sound like he and Ben don't get along and that something is wrong in the locker room.

They do that because that's what gets ratings, as we all know. Puppy-dogs and rainbows ain't gonna get crap. Sometimes I truly despise the media.

Wallace108
06-25-2010, 12:16 AM

This reminds me of what happened with Anthony Smith guaranteeing victory against the Pats. The media took what he said and blew it way out of proportion. I guess if there isn't a story, create one ...

Indo
06-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Moose bites can be mighty nasty

steelerdude15
06-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Why can't everyone just shut up and leave it alone.

Killer
06-25-2010, 11:01 AM
poor Ben

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/fladj11/Signs%20Pics%20and%20Sayings%204/dog-lineup.gif

HometownGal
06-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Why can't everyone just shut up and leave it alone.

That is exactly where I'm at. Fingernails on a chalkboard sounds better at this point than this broken record.

solardave
06-25-2010, 03:30 PM
I tried, man, I tried.

Fuck Rich Eisen

Hines should pulled a Moe on him and poked him in the eyes doink.

Chidi29
06-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Ben will have plenty of time to make amends. People act like he has to do everything in a matter of a couple of weeks.

Besides, most players have gone their seperate ways until training camp. Not much Ben can say to anyone until then.

A non-story as far as I'm concerned.

BuddhaBus
06-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Sometimes I feel like these "reporters/interviewers" are like the instigator on the playground.

Dickey: "Hey, Jimmy! What do you think of that new kid Billy?"
Jimmy: "Aw, I dunno. He seems kinda quiet."

Dickey: "Hey, Billy! Jimmy says your a stuck-up poopy face!"
Billy: "What? Why would he say that? I never did anything to him. Whatever. I don't care."

Dickey: "Yo, Jimmy! Billy says he doesn't give a crap what you say so jam it up your corn chute sideways!"
Jimmy: "Huh? What's his problem? He'd better not say anything to my face!"

Dickey: "Billy! Jimmy said you're a chicken shit momma's boy who's afraid of cootie covered girls and still breast feeds. I think he wants to fight you."
Billy: "CHICKEN SHIT MOMMA'S BOY!?! I'LL SHOW HIM WHO'S CHICKEN SHIT! I'LL SHOVE THIS TETHERBALL SO FAR DOWN HIS THROAT HE'LL BE SHITTING LEATHER FOR A WEEK!" (Stomps off to find Jimmy.)