PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of Steelers Vs. Eagles

stillers4me
08-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Everybody calm down, it was just preseason game #2. BUT OH MY GOD WE JUST MURDERED THE SO-CALLED “DREAM TEAM!!” THEY LOOKED LIKE A JOKE, AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Alright, now that we’ve got that out of our system, let’s take a look at this game rationally:..............

read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/08/19/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-of-steelers-vs-eagles/#more-8854

Iron Steeler
08-19-2011, 06:03 PM
I definitely agree that Vick was playing half ass last night. But I feel like the eagles first team defensive was really going out there to play. Their coordinator was not just playing a vanilla man on man. heavy blitzing most of the half. And our first team and second team O ate them up

86WARD
08-19-2011, 07:09 PM
It's funny...seems like a lot of these articles didn't watch the O-Line closely at all. Granted they lost two LT, but Gilbert played well and Hills has gotten no cred whatsoever...

THe O-Line wasn't as bad as these articles are saying...not even close...

fansince'76
08-19-2011, 09:50 PM
It's funny...seems like a lot of these articles didn't watch the O-Line closely at all. Granted they lost two LT, but Gilbert played well and Hills has gotten no cred whatsoever...

THe O-Line wasn't as bad as these articles are saying...not even close...

I agree - I didn't think the line looked that bad.

86WARD
08-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Of course they were cursed with a couple injuries...as usual...but the replacement guys came in and did well. Not sure where all the criticism is coming from other then Ben being sacked twice. And it is only the second preseason game.

Gilbert got beat a couple times but he was able to compensate and rebound by riding the guys where they wanted to go at the same time keeping them off Ben. It was a good effort by the rookie and as I said before, Hills was great!

Count Steeler
08-19-2011, 10:42 PM
2 sacks a game would be an improvement over last year. I think the O Line is going to be surprisingly resilient and perform quite well for coach Kugler.

86WARD
08-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Pretty much their style last season...lol.

Moose
08-20-2011, 05:08 AM
Good - Ben and the offense started to 'click'. They actually looked to be on the same page most of the game. The defense also looked good. Good pressure on the Eagles 1st team, although I was never impressed with Vick, I always thought he was waaaaaay over rated.
Bad - was the tackling and pass pressure the defense was putting on the Eagles.....again, waaaaay to many arm and hand tackles, 2-3-4 missed tackles on alot of plays. Eagle plays that should have been 3-4 yrd losses ended up being 1st down pick-ups.
Ugly- no doubt had to be our 3rd string defense at the end of game. The Eagles just ran all over them.