PDA

View Full Version : Steelers display revived run game vs. Eagles

stillers4me
08-19-2011, 12:48 PM
It wasn`t necessarily Ground Chuck revisited, but the Steelers dusted off the power run game and spotlighted the fullback against Philadelphia on Thursday night.

Despite a patchwork, inexperienced offensive line, the Steelers found great success against the Eagles` defensive line of Jason Babin, Anthony Hargrove and Cullen Jenkins — all highly touted offseason acquisitions.

Jonathan Dwyer rushed for 44 yards, Rashard Mendenhall 30 and Isaac Redman 26 as the Steelers powered their way to 403 total yards — 144 on the ground — in their 24-14 win over the Eagles last night at Heinz Field.

"That`s Steelers football," Redman said. "We want to run the ball, be physical. Every running back that went in there ran hard."

The run game helped the Steelers hold on to the ball for nearly 40 minutes, including all but seven minutes in the first half, as they took a 21-0 lead...........

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_752347.html

pepsyman1
08-19-2011, 01:00 PM
They even had people playing at (gasp) fullback! Maybe, just maybe our QB isn't the only one maturing. Maybe our OC is too! Being ABLE to run some power football successfully when we need it is far more important to us than actually worrying about being a 50/50 or 60/40 or whatever run team. Being willing to use a fullback when it will help us be successful is a great adjustment

Devilsdancefloor
08-19-2011, 01:03 PM
i shouted last night OMG a full back and my sons looked at me like i needed to be put in a mental hospital lol