PDA

View Full Version : Why do I even watch NFL Access?

SteelerFanInStl
08-17-2011, 06:34 PM
I typically record NFL Access and watch it later so that I can skip the 90% crap that's typically on there. Today I've got it on while I'm doing some work on the computer. I see that they're going to do a Phi At Pit Preview so I stop what I'm doing and listen. All they talked about the whole time was the Eagles. NOTHING about the Steelers except to mention that the Eagles were playing them. Pathetic. I don't know why I continue to watch this show because they never even mention the Steelers.

stillers4me
08-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Didn't you get the memo?

We lost last week so we suck.

:chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
08-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Apparently the 'Dream Team' is so good that there's no need to even talk about their opponents. :lol:

salamander
08-17-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm going to laugh my ass off when the "Dream Team" sucks this year or chokes in the playoffs like they usually do.

SteelerFanInStl
08-17-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm going to laugh my ass off when the "Dream Team" sucks this year or chokes in the playoffs like they usually do.

Me too. It was bad enough hearing all of the crap about the Cowboys last year but this is worse.

salamander
08-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Me too. It was bad enough hearing all of the crap about the Cowboys last year but this is worse.

I live 2 hours north of Philly and it's all I hear about. :puke:

NJarhead
08-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Jaime Dukes annoys the crap out of me.

Count Steeler
08-17-2011, 07:46 PM
It's just like the dream team in Basketball. I mean why did they even play the season last year? Everyone knew Miami would win the Championship. Er, uhm, well, they were SUPPOSED to win.

Edman
08-17-2011, 07:59 PM
The Eagles will be a contender, but they're not going to win a Super Bowl. Andy Reid is the coach, Vick has yet to show he can get it done in the playoffs, and let's be honest here. It's the Eagles. They always find ways to blow it.

Carolina Steelers
08-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Wait till tomorrow night on Fox, for the Eagles love fest. Steelers might get a little attention but most of the focus will be the Eagles.

fansince'76
08-17-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't have NFL Network. :noidea:

SteelerFanInStl
08-17-2011, 10:12 PM
The Eagles will be a contender, but they're not going to win a Super Bowl. Andy Reid is the coach, Vick has yet to show he can get it done in the playoffs, and let's be honest here. It's the Eagles. They always find ways to blow it.

I agree. Vick didn't play great down the stretch last year and if he gets hurt, it's Vince Young time. :lol:

BigNastyDefense
08-17-2011, 10:34 PM
First, has Andy Reid learned to manage the clock yet? I doubt it.

Second, Michael Vick is the starting QB. He had some amazing moments last season and from the looks of it has really turned it around as a QB who can run instead of the runner who can throw that he was in Atlanta. But when the pressure is really on, he reverts to his old self.

Third, Vick's playing style leads to injuries. His backup is Vince Young, a guy who isn't the poster boy for mental stability in the NFL. If he thinks the Titans fans can be rough....throw a bad pass on Philly and listen to the boo birds.

The Eagles will find a way to lose, that is their MO.

tube517
08-17-2011, 10:40 PM
NFL Access= Garbage (unless Rod Woodson is on then I'll stop and watch, otherwise, the channel changes)

SteelerFanInStl
08-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Wait till tomorrow night on Fox, for the Eagles love fest. Steelers might get a little attention but most of the focus will be the Eagles.

Yea, I'm sure it will be. That's why I'm recording it, so I can fast forward past the knob slobbing.

X-Terminator
08-17-2011, 11:23 PM

Thank God I live in Pittsburgh and can listen to Bill, Tunch and Wolf. Nothing against the Eagles, but I wouldn't be able to stand listening to that crap for longer than 5 seconds.

steelerdude15
08-18-2011, 01:37 AM
I rather fly under the radar.

Edman
08-18-2011, 02:41 AM
The Steelers don't even get much love from within the AFC North. A lot of media is more dedicated to Ravens hype and whatever crap their mouthpieces (Ray, Harbaugh, Suggs) have to say next.

It's no different from last year. The Steelers being a mere footnote in the AFC and everyone falling in love with the Pats, Ravens, and Jets. Even in XLV, the Steelers were pretty much ignored while FOX gushed about the Packers.

The Steelers never get any love, and I like it that way.

SteelerFanInStl
08-18-2011, 08:13 AM
The Steelers don't even get much love from within the AFC North. A lot of media is more dedicated to Ravens hype and whatever crap their mouthpieces (Ray, Harbaugh, Suggs) have to say next.

It's no different from last year. The Steelers being a mere footnote in the AFC and everyone falling in love with the Pats, Ravens, and Jets. Even in XLV, the Steelers were pretty much ignored while FOX gushed about the Packers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you. I'd rather that they talk up the other teams and dismiss the Steelers like they always do. I just thought that it was hilarious that they specifically said that it was a game preview and yet they didn't even say one thing about the Steelers.

Typically the only time I hear anything about the Steelers on NFL Network is when they're talking about the Ravens.

86WARD
08-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Was it a matchup segment or maybe just a segment about the Eagles with an "oh by the way mention" at the end?

SteelerFanInStl
08-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Was it a matchup segment or maybe just a segment about the Eagles with an "oh by the way mention" at the end?

It was actually labeled as a 'Phi at Pit Preview'.

steelpride12
08-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Nothing new for the Steelers over the years. Always under the radar and overlooked in the AFC North and the league and that's the way I like it.

steel striker
08-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but, it seems the NFL network only reports on steelers when there are problem type issues. They hardly ever report any positive news. Let's see the steeler hater list- Marshall Faulk, Warren Sapp, Michael Irvin, and honable mention Deion 'I could not tackle anyone' Sanders.

Kittyfish
08-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Of course, this isn't a problem just on the NFL network. I was watching some show or another on ESPN yesterday, maybe SportsCenter, and they had just wrapped up their talk about the Pats/Bucs game and were moving on to the Steelers/Eagles game. The segue they used? "Tom Brady wasn't the only big-time quarterback on the field last night, but he was the only one who played like one...Michael Vick blah blah blah" If you heard a strange noise yesterday afternoon, it was probably me yelling, "WHAT?!? Oh no, they dih'n't!" After a minute or two they seemed to remember to that Ben played pretty well and acknowledged that, but to start off by saying that Vick was the big-time quarterback in that game!

On First Take I think it was Michael Smith who said that Sanchez was not an elite QB - that would be Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers and Rivers - that's it. Oh, and Roethlisberger too, but barely. He was an afterthought.

And then later they were talking about whether the Pats were popular/perrenial Super Bowl picks due to present performance or to past history, they were mentioning the other strong AFC teams the Pats would have to go through - Jets, Ravens, Colts....Oh, and Pittsburgh, too. Funny, we always seem to forget about them. Come to think of it, they've won a couple of SBs since the Pats have won, haven't they.... I know it's good to fly under the radar, but it just gets tiresome, especially with Ben never getting the respect he had earned.

Also, I am tired of hearing about how Rodgers is this elite Superman QB when we were in a position to beat his team in the SB after THREE turnovers, absolute gifts. We should have been creamed, but I still think if we had scored on the drive in which Mendy fumbled (and there was nothing he could do about that - the helmet knocked the ball out), we would have won in spite of THREE TURNOVERS. Yet Rodgers lives on Mount Olympus and Ben can only gaze upon him from below. Okay, maybe Ben is like one of those half-god/half-human sorts - better than some - but he can never be on the same level as any of those truly elite god-like quarterbacks. Sheesh!

>8-(

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew. Even if no one will read this, at least I can get it off my chest. Thanks for letting me rant.

SteelerFanInStl
08-20-2011, 08:56 AM
I know it's good to fly under the radar, but it just gets tiresome, especially with Ben never getting the respect he had earned.

Believe me, I feel the same exact way. I'm a pro football junkie and love to watch everything football related. The constant lack of respect to the Steelers gets old.

I just have this feeling that our offense is really going to bust out big this year with Ben leading the way.

The Duke
08-20-2011, 12:37 PM
I dunno, I like the disrespect. I don't waste my time watching non pittsburgh news because they all suck anyway

86WARD
08-20-2011, 12:49 PM
I love when the hatred shows up...I really do.

Count Steeler
08-20-2011, 01:13 PM
The Steelers and the Patriots both played Thursday night. NFL Network replayed the Pats* at 11pm Thursday and then again on Friday at about 1pm. The Steeler game was replayed this morning at 7am. Coincidence? I think not. If the Eagles had humbled the Steelers, we might have been the game yesterday at 1pm. They can slobber all over other teams as much as they want. Leave us alone and let us win our Super Bowls.

Edman
08-20-2011, 05:07 PM
As far as it stands, the Steelers are the big lump of coal surrounded by diamonds and gems. The Steelers aren't pretty in the slightest. They don't make the big splashes in Free Agency. They're never the "sexy" pick. Their quarterback isn't pretty. Their quarterback has an unorthodox yet successful play style. Badell doesn't like them. They don't care for style points. They have the league menace James Harrison at Linebacker. They don't fit the new flag league well. They're essentially a band of misfits.

The NFL went out of their way to make an example out of the Steelers last year (Raiders officiating debacle), and they'll do it again this year. In fact, it's already begun with Ben getting smacked late and low against the Eagles Thursday with no call.

SMR
08-20-2011, 09:49 PM
The Steelers and the Patriots both played Thursday night. NFL Network replayed the Pats* at 11pm Thursday and then again on Friday at about 1pm. The Steeler game was replayed this morning at 7am. Coincidence? I think not. If the Eagles had humbled the Steelers, we might have been the game yesterday at 1pm. They can slobber all over other teams as much as they want. Leave us alone and let us win our Super Bowls.

Could the NFL Network be more obvious?

O'Malley
08-20-2011, 11:27 PM

Your putting them in the playoffs? I think it would be funny if they didn't even make the playoffs...

O'Malley
08-20-2011, 11:36 PM

The Steelers have the biggest fan base... They don't have to advertise were good or that were playing... WE also have the highest football IQ out of all of the other fan bases so they know they can't fool us so they don't even try. I think the hate brings us together and it us against the world which is pretty f-ing cool. So with that said they have to promote the Rats and the Cowgirls etc.. so people will watch their games.. You ever notice the Cowgirls are always going to the Super Bowl... Yet they always suck...

The Duke
08-21-2011, 04:45 AM

Aren't those schedules released before the games are played though? I know at least last week before the redskins game the guide said the replay for that game would be saturday at 1pm

just saying I don't think they'd change schedules like that for no reason