PDA

View Full Version : UM Booster provided improper benefits for almost ten years. Canes are SCREWED...

suitanim
08-17-2011, 08:34 AM
This is far, far, far worse than anything that USC or OSU was involved with. There isn't a smoking gun, more like a whole arsenal of them. This is a long article, but worth the read. I would have to imagine that Thug U will probably be stripped of their football and basketball program for a time, or perhaps even permanently...

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news?slug=cr-renegade_miami_booster_details_illicit_benefits_08 1611

Some lowlights:
-72 players and 7 coaches involved
-UM pretty much knew and turned blind eye
-"Benefits" included: Cash, TV's, rims, tickets, prostitution (39 players), an abortion, meals, etc, etc...
-These aren't empty allegations, there are pictures, statements, receipts, etc, etc....

Nadroj 20
08-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Wow! Tressels little cover up scheme looks like nothing compared to this stuff. This is very bad for the canes...

steeldevil
08-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Its ALL about the U.

Seriously, they deserve to be in the SEC, get these dumbasses out of the ACC

BigNastyDefense
08-17-2011, 12:47 PM
This makes tOSU and USC look like nothing.

The football team, which many people felt deserved the death penalty a while back, might very well get it this time around.

This just blows my mind.

ALLD
08-17-2011, 12:56 PM
It's a party school anyway.

suitanim
08-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Canes could and probably should expect the dreaded, SMU "Death penalty".

NO football for at least one year....maybe more.

Godfather
08-19-2011, 01:39 PM
The ACC will need a new 12th team. I would love for that to be Tulane--good academic fit for the ACC, private school with a small enrollment and small fan base, travel partner for Florida State.

Not that it'll happen but it would be great.