PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' offense aiming for rarefied heights

stillers4me
08-16-2011, 05:07 AM
Ben Roethlisberger said it with quiet confidence coupled with a matter-of-fact tone.

"As good as we want to be, I guess," Roethlisberger said.

Not since his rookie year of 2004 has Roethlisberger been surrounded by so many skill players. The Steelers' offense just might be, well, as good they want it to be.

"It's going to be fun," offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said. "As long as we can stay healthy up front, I think we can be pretty salty offensively."

Over the past four years under Arians, the Steelers have been good in the pass, but not the run (2009); or good in the run, but not the pass (2007).

They have yet to put together a complete offensive season. That all could change this year..............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_751757.html

salamander
08-16-2011, 05:54 AM
The weapons are definitely there so use them.

GBMelBlount
08-16-2011, 06:45 AM
With a number one "D" and a top shelf offense the sky is the limit.

I just hope our O line gels.....

I'm very excited at the prospects.

86WARD
08-16-2011, 06:56 AM
O Line doesn't concern means much as the back end of the D..

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-16-2011, 11:29 AM
With a number one "D" and a top shelf offense the sky is the limit.

I just hope our O line gels.....

I'm very excited at the prospects.

I am worried about all the injuries on the O line and the fact that there is no clear winner at RG yet. Tony Hills, Kyle Jolly as OT depth isnt encouraging and its tough to complete passes from your back.

Psycho Ward 86
08-16-2011, 04:50 PM
im so jacked for our offense this year...

ALLD
08-16-2011, 04:54 PM
They better figure in a run game too or it will be close, but no cigar. This team is not the 2000 Rams.

steeldevil
08-16-2011, 05:07 PM
As long as the offensive line isn't pathetic, I think we could have a top 7 or so offense. Have all the pieces, just need the line to hold up long enough to use them....

steelpride12
08-16-2011, 06:27 PM
I am confident in the starters on the OL and always have been. The fact that worries me is the starters on the OL always see injuries every season and well our back ups worry me the most. Thinking of a guy like Hills against NFL defenses just plain scares me.