PDA

View Full Version : Ravens: 10 Reasons Why They Finally Take Down Pittsburgh Steelers

polamalubeast
08-15-2011, 12:11 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/804738-baltimore-ravens-10-reasons-this-is-the-year-they-finally-take-down-steelers

salamander
08-15-2011, 12:12 PM
They just don't get it...

vader29
08-15-2011, 12:22 PM
#1 Reason why they won't:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQM4Xp9qe8XN9dTqEQkV1uDuuSkAO_21-TTHzqSLb73k9GXuV2U :thumbsup:

Psycho Ward 86
08-15-2011, 12:36 PM
one reason why they wont

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/bigben.jpg

fansince'76
08-15-2011, 12:46 PM
10. The Harbaugh Family Rivalry Comes to the NFL

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and his brother, Jim, the new coach of the San Francisco 49ers, share a very intense sibling rivalry.

Both have been very successful in their football coaching careers. John has a few years before Jim will be able to right the ship in San Francisco.

It would kill John if his brother, who has a reputation for engineering quick turnarounds, is able to lead a team to a Super Bowl before he does.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Delusional. Unless Eddie DeBartolo takes over ownership of that team again, Jim Harbaugh somehow morphs into another Bill Walsh and Alex Smith somehow morphs into Joe Montana, that ain't happening. That team has been an absolute mess for more than a decade now and it's not ending anytime soon.

9. Distractions Piling Up in Pittsburgh

Whether it was Rashard Mendenhall questioning the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Hines Ward picking up a DUI, or James Harrison calling out the NFL commissioner and a handful of his teammates in a magazine interview, this was not a quiet offseason for the Steelers.

:rolleyes:

Please. These "distractions" were NOTHING compared to the offseason of 2010. NOTHING. Further, we're not losing any key players for a quarter of the damn season this time around as a result either. :doh:

What a dope. I didn't bother to read the other eight "reasons," but something tells me they're every bit as inane as these two.

The Duke
08-15-2011, 01:08 PM
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Delusional. Unless Eddie DeBartolo takes over ownership of that team again, Jim Harbaugh somehow morphs into another Bill Walsh and Alex Smith somehow morphs into Joe Montana, that ain't happening. That team has been an absolute mess for more than a decade now and it's not ending anytime soon.

Exaclty

Jon's a baby and sucks as a coach, but is 10x more likely to win it than Jim

the one thing I'll give them from that list is Kindle. If both he and Suggs can create pressure it will be much more difficult to pass against them

other than that, lol. It doesn't matter how much they improve their run game, or how many receivers they get; Harbaugh is still the coach

siss
08-15-2011, 01:26 PM
The sad thing is the Rat fans will drink that up:alcoholic:

But we have the RavenKiller so I'm not that scared:tt02:

Rat fans really are adorable :rofl2:

Edman
08-15-2011, 01:48 PM
And I have three good reasons why they won't.

1) Ben Roethlisberger.
2) John Harbaugh is still their coach
3) Joe Flacco is still their quarterback

That "Steelers have distractions" bullshit certainly worked so well for the Ravens last year, didn't it?

Ben Roethlisberger accused of assault, gets Suspended for four games.
Santonio Holmes traded to the Jets, leaving holes in the Steelers WR core.

The results? Steelers win AFC North, beat the Rats in Baltimore, knock the Rats out of the playoffs again, represent the AFC in Super Bowl XLV.

Again, Ravens relying on press clippings and what-ifs compared to the Steelers' proven record over them.

polamalubeast
08-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Flacco can't beat Ben Roethlisberger

O'Malley
08-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Bleacher Report, nuff said!!!!!!!

7willBheaven
08-15-2011, 01:56 PM

X1000

SteelerEmpire
08-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by O'Malley

X1000

So are we saying then that, for example, Jamie Dukes and that other guy (on NFL Network) IS a reputable analyst ? Since he is one of the NFL's hired spokesman...? According to NFL.com, the Steelers were not supposed to make the playoffs/get far the last several years.... lol. Bleacher Report has us in the Super Bowl 3 times out of the last 3 yrs (they were right twice) ... lol.

Steeldude
08-15-2011, 02:51 PM
2. Pittsburgh's Offensive Line Is in Shambles

now this part is true

steel striker
08-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Here are my top ten reasons why the ravens WON'T take down the steelers.

1. Ben Roethlisberger is our qb.
2. Troy P. The best safety in the business
3. Our defense is simply better than the rats d
4. We have more playermakers on offense.
5. Flacco lost his safety net with Heap signing with the cards.
6. Ray Lewis is getting old.
7. Flaaco has not beat the steelers when Big Ben is @ the helm.
8. Ed Reed is not the same player he was.
9. Harbaugh just can't admit that the steelers are in his head.
10. We have two of the best LB's in the game in Harrison & Woodley and, they love laying the smack down on the ravens candy ass.

NJarhead
08-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Who writes this crap??? haha! Thanks for the laugh.

O'Malley
08-15-2011, 03:42 PM
So are we saying then that, for example, Jamie Dukes and that other guy (on NFL Network) IS a reputable analyst ? Since he is one of the NFL's hired spokesman...? According to NFL.com, the Steelers were not supposed to make the playoffs/get far the last several years.... lol. Bleacher Report has us in the Super Bowl 3 times out of the last 3 yrs (they were right twice) ... lol.

Jamie Dukes is an asshat... Are you putting words in my mouth? In most cases the Bleacher Report reports garbage.. This one especially, Ravens really...

smokin3000gt
08-15-2011, 04:05 PM
And I have three good reasons why they won't.

1) Ben Roethlisberger.
2) John Harbaugh is still their coach
3) Joe Flacco is still their quarterback

4) Troy P.
5) J. Harrison
6) L Woodley
7) M. Tomlin
8) D. LeBeau

siss
08-15-2011, 05:02 PM
The Ravens are Wile E. Coyote and Ben is the Road Runner.

SteelerEmpire
08-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire

Jamie Dukes is an asshat... Are you putting words in my mouth? In most cases the Bleacher Report reports garbage.. This one especially, Ravens really...

I hear ya man. Seems like the media is trying to hype up the Ravens to "finally" beat the Steelers with Ben back there and in the playoffs...making claims without any real evidence. But my bad, I was trying to compare-contrast that Jamie Dukes and any unknown BR writer are interchangeable... highlighting that Jamie Dukes is wrong more often than most BR writers... yet he gets paid millions a year ? Amazing...

Steeldude
08-15-2011, 05:59 PM
the ravens are not to be taken lightly. it's not like the steelers stomp the ravens. they are tough games.

steelpride12
08-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Bleacher Report articles should be banned from this website. Most are garbage and this is all a made up list of ridiculous reasons that 9/10 aren't true. Until Ben is not a Steeler the Ravens won't win many games. Sure they will get their wins against us, but having an advantage, no.

Edman
08-15-2011, 08:50 PM
the ravens are not to be taken lightly. it's not like the steelers stomp the ravens. they are tough games.

No one takes the Ravens lightly. They most certainly are a tough opponent, and it will be a battle in Week 1.

I think the real issue is that the Ravens hype and the media always take the Steelers lightly every season.

86WARD
08-15-2011, 09:13 PM
I refuse to even click on that link...

Psycho Ward 86
08-15-2011, 10:14 PM
The Ravens are Wile E. Coyote and Ben is the Road Runner.

that would be implying that we would we running away. I think a better metaphor is the Steelers are Cam'Ron and the Ravens are Damon Dash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPjUsu2-QMQ

Ben to Flacco: you mad? :chuckle:

O'Malley
08-15-2011, 10:22 PM
I hear ya man. Seems like the media is trying to hype up the Ravens to "finally" beat the Steelers with Ben back there and in the playoffs...making claims without any real evidence. But my bad, I was trying to compare-contrast that Jamie Dukes and any unknown BR writer are interchangeable... highlighting that Jamie Dukes is wrong more often than most BR writers... yet he gets paid millions a year ? Amazing...

No need to aplogize at all love a little banter. However I have to agree about Jamie Dukes... He probably writes the bleacher report!!!!! Or at least talks to his computer and has it type for him....

GBMelBlount
08-15-2011, 10:25 PM

Bingo.

I didn't even read the article.

They are a VERY good team but we have consistently found ways to beat them.....and I believe we will again this year.

suitanim
08-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Here are their real reasons:
1. Hope
2. Change

That'll end up working out just about as well as the last guy who hung his hat on those words.

My favorite was the comedy gold about Ray "wanting to win now". Did he not want to win before? What's changed? Is he going to kill somebody else in order to beat the Steelers?

I don't get it....