PDA

View Full Version : Six Points... on the loss to the Redskins

stillers4me
08-14-2011, 03:31 PM
The performance of the first-team defense--and offense--doesn’t mean much at this point. The poor showing Friday night was a veteran team looking to play a meaningless game without getting injured. Ike Taylor’s thumb injury could lead to more of a self-preservation style of play in the next two games.
Either way, this team is in a different situation than, say, the Cincinnati Bengals, who are getting a feel for new franchise players at quarterback and receiver. Pittsburgh’s core has been around the block before. Preseason football isn’t as much about experienced vets as it is about young players looking to crack the roster.

Cameron Heyward is ahead of where Ziggy Hood was in his rookie season. That’s an astounding fact considering Heyward didn’t have the benefit of OTAs, minicamps, or regular contact with the coaching staff for his first three months of his career. While Ziggy’s first preseason game was relatively quiet two years ago, Heyward showed up on tape, from his whirling tackle of running back Roy Helu to the numerous times he burst through the offensive line to disrupt the play. Pittsburgh has to be happy with what it saw out of its newest first-rounder...........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghsportsreport.com/PSR/node/2702

tube517
08-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Limas Sweed is as good as gone. Did you see Sweed in last night’s performance? No? That’s because he didn’t play a single snap. It has become clear that the team doesn’t think he can overcome the mental hiccups that have caused him to struggle for the past few seasons.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I just got the Sweed taking over the world sig...........:rofl2:

stillers4me
08-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I just got the Sweed taking over the world sig...........:rofl2:

I guess The Bean didn't get the memo.....:heh: