PDA

View Full Version : Redskins 16, Steelers 7: The Antonio Brown Show!

stillers4me
08-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Can you believe the NFL gets people to pay full price for these games? It’s amazing. We were able to get our first look at the 2011 Steelers on Friday night, and they dropped their preseason opener by a 16-7 margin to the Washington Redskins. Some thoughts on the action…

– I hope you guys like touchbacks. I mean, if you get excited watching kickers drill the ball eight yards into the end zone, or completely through the end zone, you’re going to absolutely love this season. There were eight kickoffs in this game and seven of them went for touchbacks. The one return we did see was from Washington’s Brandon Banks — a 54-yard run-back — that started from about seven yards deep in his own end zone. How pissed off do you think a team like the Cleveland Browns are right now? The NFL essentially took away their best player (Josh Cribbs) by moving the kickoffs to the 35-yard line. Maybe he’ll just say the hell with it and run them all out anyway. Assuming the kickoff doesn’t go through the end zone...........

Read more @ http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/08/redskins-16-steelers-7-antonio-brown-show/

Count Steeler
08-14-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm not an early fan of the 35 yard line for kick offs. Too many touchbacks, so far.

steelpride12
08-14-2011, 10:12 AM
The kickoff spot being moved is garbage and just further proof that the league is turning into flag football because it was all done for the safety of the runner.

Bluecoat96
08-14-2011, 10:16 AM
I always try to look at the positive with things. At least the likelihood someone runs a kickoff back on us goes down quite a bit.

Count Steeler
08-14-2011, 10:24 AM
I always try to look at the positive with things. At least the likelihood someone runs a kickoff back on us goes down quite a bit.

That should be because we have one bad ass Special Teams, not because of a rule change. This has been (the special teams) quite frustrating over the years. How a defensive minded team can be so bad on Special Teams for so long is beyond me.

steeldevil
08-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Boy did Brown look good. Got to think that as of right now he is ahead of Sanders on the depth chart. Hopefully when Sanders is back he and Brown battle it out for the #3 job and just keep making each other better.