PDA

View Full Version : WR Brown continues to deliver for Steelers

stillers4me
08-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Antonio Brown was the silver lining in a foggy, disjointed performance by the Steelers in their preseason opener against the Washington Redskins on Friday night.

http://files.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2011-08-13/dgantonio-a.jpg

The second-year receiver didn't stack up any awe-inspiring numbers: four catches for 64 yards. He didn't make any of the acrobatic catches that have become routine during an impressive training camp at St. Vincent College in Latrobe.

What the Central Michigan product did more than anything was gain the confidence of coach Mike Tomlin.
Last week, Tomlin wasn't ready to anoint Brown as the heir apparent to veteran Hines Ward. Yet in a game in which the Steelers staggered out of the gate en route to a 16-7 defeat, Brown was sharp enough to impress even his disappointed coach.......

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_751542.html

Count Steeler
08-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Yes, he was a glimmering light in a game where most Steelers just did not show up. Good thing it is the preseason, but the youngsters need to impress NOW, not later.

steelpride12
08-14-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm, excited to see how he fares against Asomough and Samuel the #1-2 guys in Philly.

steelerboiherb
08-14-2011, 10:16 AM
This guy is fareal guys!!! He has the speed to beat you deep and is fearless in running the crossing routes. I think this will be hinds replacement in a yr. With wallace, sanders, and brown the whole field is in play with either guy!!!

XxKnightxX
08-14-2011, 10:39 AM
This guy is fareal guys!!! He has the speed to beat you deep and is fearless in running the crossing routes. I think this will be hinds replacement in a yr. With wallace, sanders, and brown the whole field is in play with either guy!!!

Welcome to the board, my friend, you seem excited. But Im sorry who is Hinds ? never heard of him dont tell me hes threatening Sweeds position on the roster .

stillers4me
08-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the board, my friend, you seem excited. But Im sorry who is Hinds ? never heard of him dont tell me hes threatening Sweeds position on the roster .

He's talking about Hines, smartass. :buttkick:

Ignore him, steelerboiherb. They aren't done ragging on poor Limas yet. :lol:

Psycho Ward 86
08-14-2011, 12:51 PM
no acrobatic catches? 2 of those snatches sensational!

fansince'76
08-14-2011, 12:56 PM
They aren't done ragging on poor Limas yet. :lol:

Sweed starts taking over the world in the Philly game. Book it. :lol:

Iron Steeler
08-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Sweed starts taking over the world in the Philly game. Book it. :lol:

get your popcorn ready:pop2:

steeldevil
08-14-2011, 02:13 PM
What can Brown do for you?

I can see the posters in Heinz Field now...

GBMelBlount
08-14-2011, 02:22 PM
What did I love the most about Brown?

His ATTITUDE!

He puts 100% into EVERYTHING he does and he is a team player.

He also blocked hard and was the first guy in the end zone greeting Redman after his touchdown if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully his hustle and enthusiasm will be contagious!....