PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin on 16-7 loss to Redskins

stillers4me
08-13-2011, 06:10 AM
Coach Mike Tomlin assesses the Steelers’ performance after the team’s 16-7 loss to the Washington Redskins on Friday night at FedEx Field in the 2011 preseason opener:

That was not the kind of performance we were looking for or hoping for tonight. Quite frankly, we got outplayed in just about all areas – blocking, tackling, running, throwing, kicking. That team was better prepared tonight than us, and they showed it. We accept that, and I look forward to this group responding to what we put out there tonight and understand that we have a lot of ground to cover. Such is life. I’ll expect these guys to respond accordingly, and we’ll go back to work, we’ll assess this performance and it needs to be better quickly.

Q. You pulled your starters early in this game. Why was that?.............

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Tomlin-on-16-7-loss-to-Redskins/9f947c2b-a59a-4ae4-978a-02c757558edf

Count Steeler
08-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Q. What did you see overall from Heyward tonight?

A. He made a play or two, but to be quite honest with you, that’s not the type of performance we’re looking for from all of us. I’m not going to try to paint a rosy picture in any form or fashion.

This week's practices should be, umm, interesting.

Psycho Ward 86
08-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Q. What did you see overall from Heyward tonight?

A. He made a play or two, but to be quite honest with you, that’s not the type of performance we’re looking for from all of us. I’m not going to try to paint a rosy picture in any form or fashion.

That is the funniest thing ive ever heard him say

XxKnightxX
08-13-2011, 01:30 PM
A. He made a play or two, but to be quite honest with you, that’s not the type of performance we’re looking for from all of us. I’m not going to try to paint a rosy picture in any form or fashion

Break em down to build them up. Throw them a bone but keep them wanting for more.

Crow-Magnon
08-13-2011, 03:30 PM
A lot of Steelers fans I know were busting my balls over the Ravens performance Thursday night over a (possible) SB-bound Eagles franchise. I guess I will have a field day after Pittsburgh's sub-par performance against the Deadskins and Rex Grossman.

Or....we could all chalk it up as Week One of preseason, knowing both AFCN teams are substantially better than they just appeared to be.

fansince'76
08-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Or....we could all chalk it up as Week One of preseason, knowing both AFCN teams are substantially better than they just appeared to be.

Exactly. Hard to read much of anything into a preseason game, especially the first one.

stillers4me
08-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Except for the Bengals.

They suck.

steeldevil
08-13-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm surprised he didn't say: "We had thousands of blades of grass to defend, and we didn't defend any of them." :chuckle:

steelerdude15
08-14-2011, 12:56 AM
A lot of Steelers fans I know were busting my balls over the Ravens performance Thursday night over a (possible) SB-bound Eagles franchise. I guess I will have a field day after Pittsburgh's sub-par performance against the Deadskins and Rex Grossman.

That's exactly what I'm going through right now with Raven and Redskin fans.

86WARD
08-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Can't read a lot into the first game after the lockout. Either on the positive or the negative. What I'll be looking for in the second game are trends or a continuation of the first game...there's a lot of shit that I hope I don't see in Game 2...lol.

suitanim
08-14-2011, 07:43 AM
It is week one of preseason. That's all.

Of course, here in NEO, I expect to hear
Packers > Steelers in SB
Browns > Packers in Preseason game one
Therefore, Browns > Steelers

86WARD
08-14-2011, 07:51 AM

Packers > Steelers in SB

The old transitive property argument...lol.

fansince'76
08-14-2011, 07:54 AM

Packers > Steelers in SB

Browns and Redskins in SB XLVI - book it! :chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
08-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Browns and Redskins in SB XLVI - book it! :chuckle:

You heard it here first! :lol: