PDA

View Full Version : 1st PS Game Thoughts - Players who stuck out

7willBheaven
08-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Who are some guys that stuck out to you? Who did good? Who did bad? Especially out of the young guys....

7willBheaven
08-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Some that I can remember...

C Scott...wasnt perfect...but he looked decent at RG...with more time i think he will be solid.

Heyward looked good...had some hustle to him...

Ivy/Chevis (i think thats his name) hustled a lot too

Sly looked good as usual...except one play he flew right by the RB

Gilbert and Williams looked quite promising

D. Warren showed some potential

Cro-Smith was all over the place and he could have a shot at beating out W. Allen maybe??

Mundy...while not a rookie/etc...played a good game

Brown looked great

I'm sure there are more but for now thats what I can think of.

steelerdude15
08-13-2011, 01:08 AM
I was really impressed with Issac and Antonio. They both played really well tonight and are slowly proving that they have a spot on the roster for a long time.

Pittsburgh43
08-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Gotta give some credit to Sepulveda lol the punts looked good.

Moose
08-13-2011, 02:56 AM
I'll give credit to Sepulveda too, his punts were pretty awesome. As far as anyone else.....ugh. I know it was the 1st preseason game, and I don't put a lot of thought on the preseason games since all you are trying to do is see what the rookies look like and for the veterans to work on some timing. But from the looks of this first game I think there is a heck of a lot that is going to be worked on in the coming weeks. The vets that played were rusty and just going through motions which I personally don't like to see, I feel they know what's needed and they should damn well be at that point. I'm not worried after this game as far as what the team outcome record will be, but if we let a team like Washington get 400+ yards to our 100+yds in the 3rd week of preseason then the outcome doesn't look good. But as I've said earlier, it's only the 1st week.

XxKnightxX
08-13-2011, 05:33 AM
Gotta give some credit to Sepulveda lol the punts looked good.

So did that Knee brace, just keep that damn leg healthy and hes a keeper.

Pittsburgh43
08-13-2011, 05:46 AM
Antonio Brown- This kid looked in regular season form. Ran nice routes and showed good hands.

Cam Heyward- had a good game. He continually put pressure in his gap, showed a lot of hustle & determination. Also, had the nice takedown of RB Evan Royster.

Morrty Ivy-made some nice plays. Heard his name quite a few times, nice job of attacking the ball carrier.

Ryan Mundy- had a good game at the Safety position. He attacked the ball & wasn't afraid to get his uniform dirty.

stillers4me
08-13-2011, 05:58 AM
Who kicked the extra point?

steelpride12
08-13-2011, 06:12 AM
A Few guys stood out tonight. From the starters stand point Brown with great catches on the touch down drive

Redman- Carried the ball like a train, takes several people to bring him down, and of course had the touchdown run.

Sep.-Great to have him back most punts were inside the 20 tonight and a couple near the goal line.

Sylvester/Ivy-Both guys just showed up, made impressions, and were hustling all the way around.

Finally the rookie Heyward- A couple great tackles and one awesome solo on the running back, the kid showed up and surely impressed.

suitanim
08-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Dixon looked like 1000 pounds of suck

steeldawg
08-13-2011, 09:32 AM
antonio brown looked really good, good routes, got open alot, and made some nice grabs. I thought our defense was a little sloppy but its still too early to make an accurate judgement. Punting game was top notch, put there offense in alot of tough spots. Our offense was out of synch but i think it had alot to do with the ol changes, so i think that will get worked out. all in all i think it was a sub par showing, but after only 11 days of practice im really not worried.

Psycho Ward 86
08-13-2011, 09:59 AM
offensively, Antonio Brown and Isaac Redman looked GREAT. Brown was getting open against the Redskins starting cornerbacks, and a lot of times he was matched up against Josh Wilson whose pretty good but he was still beating him. Good adjustments to the ball, and i LOVED when he laid the wood on Josh Wilson at the end of his 29 yard catch and the poor guy had trouble getting up.

Redman is looking a lot faster and shiftier than he was last season, but he's still running that downhill style that we all love. His suddenness was unprecedented, but the glide could use a little more work :chuckle:. Seriously though, he looked good, and that 22 yard TD run was just the icing on the cake. Looked like it would only be a 3 yard gain, but Isaac Redman went all Isaac Redman on that play.

86WARD
08-13-2011, 10:25 AM
For the few minutes they were in...Mendenhall and Browm looked good.

Sylvester, Sepulveda, Heyward and ivy looked real good...

BlastFurnace
08-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Dixon looked like 1000 pounds of suck

Agreed. Dixon will never be an NFL quarterback. Really, he makes Kordell look like Manning.

How this guy has managed to keep himself on an NFL roster this long is crazy.

7willBheaven
08-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Oh yeah....I forgot about Sep....he did a good job.

SteelerEmpire
08-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Out of the kickers, at least Waters kicked the ball into the end zone thus eliminating a return (this should be the credo for ALL Steelers kick offs), but Suisham kicked the extra point good, just don't think he can kick the ball to the end zone from the 35 every time like clockwork.

Steeldude
08-13-2011, 12:37 PM
How this guy has managed to keep himself on an NFL roster this long is crazy.

for some reason teams are enamored with QBs who can't throw or read a defense. look at the eagles. the recently signed vince young...lol. my little brother was so angry when heard the news.

st33lersguy
08-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Antonio Brown and Issac Redman looked impressive

oneforthetoe
08-13-2011, 04:36 PM
I thought Ike stuck out like a sore thumb.

SteelerFanInStl
08-13-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm watching the replay on NFL Network right now. In the first half, Antonio Brown is the stand out for me. He's been beating his man consistently and catching everything.

Edman
08-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Players who stood out in good ways.

Cam Heyward showing his first round draft status. A little raw, but you can see the things he is capable of.
Isaac Redman- I think we may have found our next Bus. Never goes down at First Contact.
Antonio Brown- He wants a spot on the team and he's playing like he wants it bad.

Players who stood out in bad ways.

Dennis Dixon- When you make Kordell Stewart look amazing, you know you suck. I'm tired of the Dixon experiment. He sucks.

taztroy43
08-13-2011, 05:54 PM
I like the way Cromartie-Smith played the whole game....He was everywhere....I think with a bit more coaching and experience he can make this team....

Of course the obvious ones that played well were: Brown, Heyward, Redman, Mundy, Sly.....

steel striker
08-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Redman & Brown played very well. From what I have watched just about every teams o-line has not looked good. It is not worth get worked up over the first pre-season game. There is alot of time to get things corrected.

SteelerFanInStl
08-13-2011, 06:08 PM
I just finished watching the game. The guy that stood out negatively for me was Keenan Lewis. He played quite a bit but really only made one play where he came on a blitz and almost got a sack. The rest of the game he spent chasing his man after they caught the ball.

Nadroj 20
08-13-2011, 06:49 PM
As many have said Redman and Brown played well. That shouldn't be a surprise though. I was impressed with Ryan Mundy the most out of the "step up" guys. I thought he did well.

Psycho Ward 86
08-13-2011, 09:13 PM
I thought Ike stuck out like a sore thumb.

lol

steelpride12
08-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Just excited to see all the guys we named above against the Eagles and see if they can continue def. against the corners in Philthy.

7willBheaven
08-13-2011, 10:22 PM
I like the way Cromartie-Smith played the whole game....He was everywhere....I think with a bit more coaching and experience he can make this team....

I remember seeing Troy on the sidelines talking to this kid...pointing things out/etc...i think thats great of Troy...and it seemed the kid was trying to absorb all he could, haha.