PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Dixon

polamalubeast
08-12-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm glad that this year,Dixon will be not starting QB for the first game of the year as last year.

fansince'76
08-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Kordell Stewart clone.

zulater
08-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Kordell Stewart clone.

I was never a fan of Korkie, but Dennis Dixon isn't 1/10th the player Kordell was. If this team is intent of keeping 3 quarterbacks then Charlie Batch has to be on the roster opening day.

Edman
08-12-2011, 09:28 PM
You never know, TC. Freakier things have happened. Something could happen to Ben, Batch, and Byron before Sept. 11.

The sooner the Steelers cut their ties with Dixon for good, the sounder I'll sleep. Dixon isn't even a good Kordell Lite at this point. He can't even do the simplest things.

SteelerEmpire
08-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Dixon. It's like he's never played football a day in his life.

Pittsburgh43
08-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Dixon was an exciting college player, but in no way is he a capable NFL quarterback.

JayC
08-12-2011, 09:39 PM
he looks like a rookie still. he gotta go. i rather have batch and draft some white guy in the 5th round like the patriots do next year and develop him.

Shoes
08-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Dixon isn't the only one who sucked tonight.

SteelerEmpire
08-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Dixon was an exciting college player, but in no way is he a capable NFL quarterback.

He's not evolving as a player, he's devolving... Outside of Redman, Brown, Heyward and perhaps that Greenwood kid, everybody else played like deers in headlights... and I won't even mention the secondary. LOT of work to do in just about all areas.

Chidi29
08-12-2011, 09:41 PM
To be fair, the line was pretty awful tonight.

But Dixon isn't going to make the team and the fact he didn't play until late in the game after everyone else shows that.

There's no need to keep a project anyway. We have our franchise QB. Back him up with veterans who can handle the offense if needed as we have in Leftwich and Batch.

st33lersguy
08-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Dixon looked like a college player tonight.

Pittsburgh43
08-12-2011, 09:47 PM
To be fair, the line was pretty awful tonight.

But Dixon isn't going to make the team and the fact he didn't play until late in the game after everyone else shows that.

There's no need to keep a project anyway. We have our franchise QB. Back him up with veterans who can handle the offense if needed as we have in Leftwich and Batch.

Exactly.

steelerdude15
08-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I think we should trade him. As long as we have Ben, we'll be fine.

fansince'76
08-12-2011, 09:49 PM
I think we should trade him. As long as we have Ben, we'll be fine.

We won't get a bucket of warm piss for him. Time to let him go and move on with Lefty and Batch as the backups to Ben.

Shoes
08-12-2011, 09:52 PM
What about the other 3 quarters of the football game? For a bunch of rookies trying to make the team, I sure didn't see much energy being spent. Lethargic comes to mind......

The Duke
08-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Well, no 7th round pick for him anymore

Can that kid Dieker really be worse than him? Sign him back and cut Dennis already!

GBMelBlount
08-12-2011, 10:00 PM
What about the other 3 quarters of the football game? For a bunch of rookies trying to make the team, I sure didn't see much energy being spent. Lethargic comes to mind......

Amen brother.

This is the poorest Dixon has played in his entire time with the team....by far. He has never had the poise and confidence one would hope for, especially after this amount of time but he did complete close to 70% last year with no interceptions if I'm not mistaken.

He played like crap but he was in there with scraps....I doubt he will be around long....but it is just the first game....I guess we'll see.

Count Steeler
08-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Dare I say Brett Favre as a Steeler backup? :chuckle:

fansince'76
08-12-2011, 10:08 PM

:buttkick: :chuckle:

7willBheaven
08-12-2011, 10:09 PM
He didnt look good...but everyone on the OL he was in with (except the LT/LG...Gilbert and Williams) they all sucked majorly....esp #55 - Turner i think is his name.

Count Steeler
08-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Or better yet, Carson Palmer.

Shoes
08-12-2011, 10:10 PM

I think I would pull all the hair out of my head.... :lol:

Chidi29
08-12-2011, 10:23 PM
He didnt look good...but everyone on the OL he was in with (except the LT/LG...Gilbert and Williams) they all sucked majorly....esp #55 - Turner i think is his name.

Yeah, disappointing in him. Was hoping/wishing he'd do well. No lateral movement; can't even push the end upfield.

7willBheaven
08-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Yeah, disappointing in him. Was hoping/wishing he'd do well. No lateral movement; can't even push the end upfield.

He had one of the worst showings by an OL I've seen in recent yrs, haha. And that guy they had playing center didnt help much either.

Chidi29
08-12-2011, 10:31 PM
He had one of the worst showings by an OL I've seen in recent yrs, haha. And that guy they had playing center didnt help much either.

To be fair, that guy just joined the team.

86WARD
08-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Kordell Stewart clone.

Not even half the player Kordell was...lol.

86WARD
08-12-2011, 10:55 PM
I'd take Palmer as a back up in a second...

7willBheaven
08-12-2011, 10:56 PM
To be fair, that guy just joined the team.

While I'll take your word for that, haha...still though...he's a linemen in college...and they're job is to block...while he may not have the schemes down etc...all he needed to worry about was blocking for now...and he couldnt do that, haha :-)

Ahh well...i didnt expect much from him and some others anyways.

Chidi29
08-12-2011, 11:38 PM
While I'll take your word for that, haha...still though...he's a linemen in college...and they're job is to block...while he may not have the schemes down etc...all he needed to worry about was blocking for now...and he couldnt do that, haha :-)

Ahh well...i didnt expect much from him and some others anyways.

You're talking about 77, John Malecki or however you spell it. Right?

tube517
08-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Kordell Stewart clone.

You mean he'll take the Steelers to the AFC Championship game and have a -3.5 QB rating in the AFCC game? :chuckle:

Mach1
08-13-2011, 12:53 AM
Drop him like a bad habit.

Guys been her for how many years and shows absolutely no improvement from year to year. Time to cut the dead weight.

Steeldude
08-13-2011, 12:32 PM
it's amazing that people are finally seeing that dixon is not an NFL QB. the steelers will draft another running QB and fans will say "he is going to be great. he has so much potential"...lol

Count Steeler
08-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Now we know why he signed his offer sheet and there were no other takers. Sorry Dennis, but your time is up.

The Duke
08-13-2011, 12:55 PM
it's amazing that people are finally seeing that dixon is not an NFL QB. the steelers will draft another running QB and fans will say "he is going to be great. he has so much potential"...lol

hope not. Next draft and 2013's have great QBs that could go in the middle rounds. Kellen Moore and the guy from Houston come to mind

of course, they could go the Dixon way again and draft Jacoby Harris :doh:

tube517
08-13-2011, 01:17 PM

I don't expect much from a 4th stringer.

Steeldude
08-13-2011, 08:07 PM
I don't expect much from a 4th stringer.

he was 2nd string last year until he was injured. the regular season hasn't started yet. the steelers may pick dixon as the 2nd stringer. the steelers have made dumber moves. like kordell as the starting QB for 5+ seasons

tube517
08-13-2011, 09:10 PM
he was 2nd string last year until he was injured. the regular season hasn't started yet. the steelers may pick dixon as the 2nd stringer. the steelers have made dumber moves. like kordell as the starting QB for 5+ seasons

Leftwich was hurt last year in the last preseason game so technically he was 3rd string.

86WARD
08-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Dixon has potential...but he's digressing. Last year should've been the year where he showed he had some talent and his desire to be the #2 guy. Last year I said that Batch would be the best fix for the Steelers in the short term if something happened to Ben and Byron. Dixon would be the better choice for the long-term. He has shown some positive things in the past, but after Dixon's display on Friday...I don't know that I feel the same. They're pretty much screwed if something happens to Ben or Byron. Back up QB is a concern of mine. Byron is okay for now...but they're going to have to look into a 2 and 3 in the very near future...

43Hitman
08-14-2011, 07:04 AM
That throwing motion of Lefty's is horrid though, and its going to get him killed.

suitanim
08-14-2011, 07:41 AM
This is his third year in the same system. If he had "it", we'd be seeing the puzzle pieces click into place.

Funny thing is people treated me like a moron for saying we should have "slashed' this kid. WR, returner, wildcat, something.........anything to get some long-term production out of him.

Now he's just a busted out college QB with a lot of talent who couldn't make a go at the highest level.

86WARD
08-14-2011, 07:57 AM
This is his third year in the same system. If he had "it", we'd be seeing the puzzle pieces click into place.
...and this is what I was looking for and expecting from him last season. It looked like he may have had some pieces. Friday it looked like he left his puzzle on vacation and showed up with an empty box.

tube517
08-14-2011, 08:36 AM
That throwing motion of Lefty's is horrid though, and its going to get him killed.

Yes, that windup is crazy. Next thing you know, Pouncey and Kemo will have to carry him down the field to get the snap off