PDA

View Full Version : 5 Players to Watch in the Steelers’ Preseason Opener

stillers4me
08-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Full price for a game where the first stringers only play a couple series is pretty annoying. But the games are a necessary evil for coaches to fully evaluate players who will become second and third on the depth charts – something that any true football fan realizes the importance of. Let’s take a look at five players to keep an eye out for in this first preseason game.....................

Read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/08/12/5-players-to-watch-in-the-steelers-preseason-opener/#more-8713

suitanim
08-12-2011, 09:41 AM
I know a lot of people don't care for preseason, but I really enjoy watching the young kids go at it. They will never put forth more of an effort then when they are trying to make a professional football team.

Chidi29
08-12-2011, 03:08 PM
I know a lot of people don't care for preseason, but I really enjoy watching the young kids go at it. They will never put forth more of an effort then when they are trying to make a professional football team.

Agreed. I'd never pay for a ticket but I do enjoy watching the young guys fighting for a roster spot. We've had plenty of players that made the team through strong play in the preseason and become big contributors.

tube517
08-12-2011, 03:45 PM
I think the ones to also watch are the OL. Colon (coming back from injury), RG (who wins it) and LT are ones I'm looking at.

Aussie_steeler
08-12-2011, 03:58 PM
My watchlist would include more of the bubble guys

1. Mario Harvey ILB
2. Chris Carter OLB
3. Keith Williams OG
4. Anthony Gray NT
5. John Clay RB

Guys that arent guaranteed roster spots but have realistic chances to earn one.

Like all of you I am keen for our first taste of steeler football

The Duke
08-12-2011, 04:11 PM
My watchlist would include more of the bubble guys

1. Mario Harvey ILB
2. Chris Carter OLB
3. Keith Williams OG
4. Anthony Gray NT
5. John Clay RB

Guys that arent guaranteed roster spots but have realistic chances to earn one.

Like all of you I am keen for our first taste of steeler football

Been hearing great things about Harvey. You think he has any chance of taking Sly's spot?

We did carry 5 ILBs last year, so keeping Harvey and Sly would probably cost the spot of someone like Gray or another young dlineman

steeldevil
08-12-2011, 04:19 PM
I'll pretty much be watching all of the nonstarters. But it will be hard to keep up with all of the young guys because I dont know their numbers. And in the case of most of the UDFA rookies, I dont even know their names... LOL

Psycho Ward 86
08-12-2011, 04:54 PM
i didnt know limas sweed was playing. THE BUS ROLLS ON!!!!

Chidi29
08-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Not just for tonight but the whole year, I'm excited to see Mike Wallace be able to run the full route tree. In his third year and he should have a really good grasp of the underneath routes. We saw some of that last year.

He'll be even more dangerous than he already is and won't allow teams to gameplan against just the deep ball.