PDA

View Full Version : It's hurt for so long but we fight the fight

BPS3akaWirels3
05-30-2010, 09:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T49KY0jyKo&feature=related

Godfather
05-30-2010, 02:59 PM
It would be nice if Nutting even tried, but he goes out of his way to put a losing product on the field.

They need to set something up so at least 80% of the "shared" revenue goes to payroll or the team has to return the balance. The Pirates get $70M a year from the league in revenue sharing, national TV contract, etc. so they'd have to have a payroll of at least $56M. That way they can go the Moneyball route and at least be a contender some years.

BPS3akaWirels3
05-30-2010, 03:28 PM
It's closer to $80 mil and we only spent $34 mil this year which is $15 mil less then last.. Why couldnt he have sold to Mario?? WHY??!!

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Bob Nutting likes lining his pockets. Sports teams are good way to do so. I guess no one told him he could make even more by spending the money to field a more competitive team. Even if the team went 81-81 this year he would make more money then in years past. Heck if they played their cards right, they might even make the playoffs.

steelpride12
05-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Bob Nutting likes lining his pockets. Sports teams are good way to do so. I guess no one told him he could make even more by spending the money to field a more competitive team. Even if the team went 81-81 this year he would make more money then in years past. Heck if they played their cards right, they might even make the playoffs.

Exactly my thought. If he could produce a winning team he would make more money which is all this greedy bastard is out for. I would have thought he would want to sell it to Mario for high dollar's for the quick cash and run, but I don't get this guy...

cakmakli
05-31-2010, 06:09 AM
I love the Pirates and I don't mind supporting a losing team but it is hard to care when Nutting don't. We have such a beautiful park but it isn't even fun going to it because I don't like idea that I'm helping to line Nutting's pockets. Especially when I have to pay $7.25 for a damn beer.

BPS3akaWirels3
05-31-2010, 12:20 PM
I love the Pirates and I don't mind supporting a losing team but it is hard to care when Nutting don't. We have such a beautiful park but it isn't even fun going to it because I don't like idea that I'm helping to line Nutting's pockets. Especially when I have to pay $7.25 for a damn beer.

And whats up with the $35 all you can eat??? :jaw: