PDA

View Full Version : Baron Batch Blog: Detour

stillers4me
08-11-2011, 05:50 AM
Detour

The funny thing about all roads is that at some point they all have potholes, speed bumps and detours. However, the durability of your vehicle is what allows you to reach your destination regardless of your traveling conditions.

Friday I was supposed to play my first NFL game. That won’t happen. Today I tore my ACL. I’m not sure why I’m writing about this right now except for the fact that God put it on my heart to do so. I probably should be devastated at the fact I wont play my rookie season but… I’m not. After my season ending injury my freshman year of college I promised myself that I would never ask God “why?” again and I’m not about to start now..........

Read more @ http://baronbatch.blogspot.com/2011/08/detour.html#comment-form

86WARD
08-11-2011, 07:29 AM
After reading the blog, this sticks out...

Friday I was supposed to play my first NFL game. That won’t happen. Today I tore my ACL. I’m not sure why I’m writing about this right now except for the fact that God put it on my heart to do so. I probably should be devastated at the fact I wont play my rookie season but… I’m not. After my season ending injury my freshman year of college I promised myself that I would never ask God “why?” again and I’m not about to start now. It’s during the tough times that we are able to grow. I’m excited to hit another growth spurt.

It's almost impossible not to root for this kid. I don't think I have felt this bad for someone getting injured, nor this disappointed (selfishly) that he won't get a shot this season. I was seriously looking forward to seeing what he had on the field after hearing all the good things from the Steelers and other camp visitors in "the business."

Sucks...

I’m excited to see how this will be used.

86WARD
08-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Not to mention his playlist is pretty chill...lol.

tihmtahm
08-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Wow. Baron is becoming one of my favorite people. I can't wait to see how this all plays out. I hope he gets to suit up as a Steeler next year.

hotrodder07
08-11-2011, 09:39 AM
I posted this in the thread about Batch getting injured, but it's more appropriate for this thread specifically.

That blog is inspiring to read. He's facing this with the best attitude possible, which must be so hard to do given the situation. If I were in his shoes, I don't know if I could look at it as well as he did. I have the utmost respect for Baron for his method of dealing with adversity with unquestioned faith. It's really amazing, and I couldn't be rooting for this kid more to make the team next season.

Get well soon Baron!

Nadroj 20
08-11-2011, 10:14 AM
He understands that he can bounce back from this through hard work. He has the right attitude about this and we are all here to let him know we are backing him 100%!

Good Luck with recovery Baron!

Mamaduck43
08-11-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't think I have ever wanted to see a new player in a Steeler Uniform so much until now... This guy has it all - - heart, soul, attitude and brains.... I hope that he heals quickly, and that the front office keeps the door open for him.... Seldom does such a total package arrive on the doorstep....

Get well quickly, Baron... We need you!!!!

Polamalu Princess
08-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Wow - what a man. I pray he will be kept and that he will be okay.

Psycho Ward 86
08-11-2011, 10:40 AM
he signed a 4-year rookie contract, but we still have to stick him on the 53 man roster to keep him right? Before another team scoops him up?

steelpride12
08-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Sheesh a shame to see the kid injured, but he sure can inspire anyone with those words, hope he recovers 100% and we get to see him perform next season!

zulater
08-11-2011, 11:23 AM
he signed a 4-year rookie contract, but we still have to stick him on the 53 man roster to keep him right? Before another team scoops him up?

No the IR list doesn't count against the 53 man roster.

86WARD
08-11-2011, 11:24 AM
I don't think I have ever wanted to see a new player in a Steeler Uniform so much until now... This guy has it all - - heart, soul, attitude and brains.... I hope that he heals quickly, and that the front office keeps the door open for him.... Seldom does such a total package arrive on the doorstep....

Get well quickly, Baron... We need you!!!!

Same feelings here!

Craic
08-11-2011, 11:45 AM
I've never pulled so hard for a young man to make the team.

I really hope Ben or Hines or someone like that gets on the phone to the Bus and asks to come over to help mentor the young man for next year.

Psycho Ward 86
08-11-2011, 02:22 PM
No the IR list doesn't count against the 53 man roster.

oh yeah duh haha

siss
08-11-2011, 02:29 PM
I just have this feeling that he may be called to do something else with his life.

Mamaduck43
08-11-2011, 05:48 PM
I've never pulled so hard for a young man to make the team.

I really hope Ben or Hines or someone like that gets on the phone to the Bus and asks to come over to help mentor the young man for next year.

It looks like the senior team members are already really caring about him -- Ben and Troy were both there with him next to the cart before he left the field... I believe that he has the will to get through this, and that he sincerely wants to be a Steeler...... He has touched so many hearts already.... Fingers crossed.....

Count Steeler
08-11-2011, 06:17 PM
A special young man who is not finished making an impact on Steeler Nation.

Get well soon, Baron. Get on the sideline and inspire the Steelers and soak in the NFL atmosphere.