PDA

View Full Version : Oh No! Baron Batch carted off the field!!

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Man, this is definitely NOT what we need. I hope he is okay :nw:

Steelers | Baron Batch carted off field (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/gnews.php?id=732090-steelers-baron-batch-carted-off-field)
Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:34:55 -0700
Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/team/30/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers) RB Baron Batch (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/player/24529/nfl/baron-batch) (knee) was carted off the field during practice Wednesday, Aug. 10, after injuring his left knee. He was not able to put any weight on his knee after the injury.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1UfIfSY9L

salamander
08-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Damn it... hope he's ok!

SU has your back, Baron!

Psycho Ward 86
08-10-2011, 04:56 PM
FML. If he was an early round pick i wouldnt worry so much, but late round picks like him cant afford to get injured. Heal up buddy!

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Being an expert on Knee injuries ( Sarcasm )..but seriously, if a person can put no weight on it at all, that means at the least it is a very badly sprained knee. Cause sprains, believe it or not ARE the most painful of knee injuries. A totally torn ACL or MCL is more serious yes, but in actuality, they are not that immediately painful. If it was a slight sprain, or a twisted knee, trust me, Batch could walk on it. But a severely sprained knee with ligament damage is a injury you cannot put any weight on. And that is at best a 4 to 6 week Injury if all goes well.

Pittsburgh43
08-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Just heard this on 93.7 The Fan. Said it looked like a very serious knee injury. Of course, it's all speculation at this point. Really hope the kid's okay, he was having an outstanding camp and you could tell he was having the time of his life. Get well soon Baron!

fansince'76
08-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Dammit, I was really rooting for this kid to make the roster. I hope it's not as serious as it sounds. :pray:

steeldevil
08-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Well thank goodness we brought Moore back....

XxKnightxX
08-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Just have the same faith that he does and hope that he just sprained it. Steelerfan is right, sometimes sprains are so bad that even the doctors say youre better off breaking a bone in case of ankle sprains and when knees go bad. I hope hes alright were there with ya baron.

Chidi29
08-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Like everyone else, hope he's ok.

stillers4me
08-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh, crap.

stillers4me
08-10-2011, 05:17 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1099965827/TweetLogo_normal.jpgSteelersDigest (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/SteelersDigest)Steelers Digest

As Batch was loaded onto a cart with an apparent knee injury, Ben and Troy went over to offer encouragement

stillers4me
08-10-2011, 05:18 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1044058999/KenLaird_ESPNPgh_normal.jpgKen_Laird (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/Ken_Laird)Ken Laird

baron's face on cart said it all: shaking his head like he can't believe it

stillers4me
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1411505679/super_bowl_pic_normal.jpgScottBrown_Trib (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/ScottBrown_Trib)Scott Brown

This doesn't look good. Polamalu gives him sympathetic pat on shoulder pads b4 Batch carted off field.

stillers4me
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1411505679/super_bowl_pic_normal.jpgScottBrown_Trib (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/ScottBrown_Trib)Scott Brown

Trainers working on both leg; Ben standing over him too. Its his left knee and Batch can't put any pressure on it.

BlastFurnace
08-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Per Twitter...it's not looking good. They all commented on it...

What a shame.

oneforthetoe
08-10-2011, 05:20 PM
I hope it is not serious. You just never know. I remember Bill Cowher once stating that an injury to Chucky Okobi might be career ending, only to see him back later that season. First reports are rarely accurate.

cough cough .... Tiki Barber.:chuckle:

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I think we all get it,,,it does not LOOK good. We don't need 20 different posts saying the SAME thing. Bottom line, they can LOOK nad LOOK and LOOK some more. Until the kid gets a MRI....NOTHING will be known for sure. Lets just wait and see shall we ? And NOT re-post every Camp twitter from every Dimwit there.

salamander
08-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I think we all get it,,,it does not LOOK good. We don't need 20 different posts saying the SAME thing. Bottom line, they can LOOK nad LOOK and LOOK some more. Until the kid gets a MRI....NOTHING will be known for sure. Lets just wait and see shall we ? And NOT re-post every Camp twitter from every Dimwit there.

That's part of being on a forum/message board...

fansince'76
08-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah, let's all go apeshit over a nickname instead. :rolleyes:

Carolina Steelers
08-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Man I saw this kid last week in practice he was a beast made some good catches out of backfield and was always hustling he had a real shot at making this team, hopefully like everyone said aint as serious as reported

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah, let's all go apeshit over a nickname instead. :rolleyes:

Apeshit ?...over " Silverback " ?.....That's Damn Funny! :dance:

BlastFurnace
08-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the Twitter posts.

Some of us like them and they are appreciated.

Nadroj 20
08-10-2011, 05:42 PM

What do want then? For nobody to post?? You gave your opinion about it possibly being 4-6 weeks! Why can't the rest of us make comments?

Nadroj 20
08-10-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm also going to express my opinion and make comments because that is what this forum/thread is FOR.

I hope he is ok and nothing is serious but if it is serious I'm glad he has done so well and has won some people over so early in camp. That way if he tore something then we won't hesitate to invite him back to camp next year.

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 05:46 PM
What do want then? For nobody to post?? You gave your opinion about it possibly being 4-6 weeks! Why can't the rest of us make comments?

Actually I'm sorry, you all can of course. What gets me is when basically the same tweets come in from different people saying the same thing. I mean my original message came from KFFL via The Trib right ? But that's like someone else starting a new thread saying the same thing, but say from the Sporting news, or the Post-Gazette,,,get it ? I mean anything that is NEW info, I am all for, and appreciate. But the tweets from different media people saying the same thing we got from a tweet just a few moments ago is useless.

Just my opinion.

Pittsburgh43
08-10-2011, 05:53 PM
One thing that you can tell is that Baron has immediately become a fan favorite. That says a lot about his character.

Nadroj 20
08-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Actually I'm sorry, you all can of course. What gets me is when basically the same tweets come in from different people saying the same thing. I mean my original message came from KFFL via The Trib right ? But that's like someone else starting a new thread saying the same thing, but say from the Sporting news, or the Post-Gazette,,,get it ? I mean anything that is NEW info, I am all for, and appreciate. But the tweets from different media people saying the same thing we got from a tweet just a few moments ago is useless.

Just my opinion.

It is just like anything else though. Its nice to have multiple sources, and as long as everything stays in this thread and its actually about the orginal topic posted, I don't see the big deal. And actually the twitter posts were a little different and I actually got a better picture of what is going on by reading multiple posts instead of just one.

But you are entitled to your opinion. :drink:

JayC
08-10-2011, 06:10 PM
im so mad right now because he was the main reason i was looking forward to watch the preseason games

Count Steeler
08-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Come on Baron, fight through this. You have had battles all your life, now another one threatens your very livelihood. I was really looking forward to seeing some of your game during the preseason and hopefully into the regular season. You have already won over a lot of fans, you are a special person. Here's hoping your story is not over.

Polamalu Princess
08-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Not good. I was really looking forward to see what the kid could do. I sure hope and pray that he is okay.

Polamalu Princess
08-10-2011, 06:39 PM
BTW - does anyone know what happened?

Pittsburgh43
08-10-2011, 06:42 PM
BTW - does anyone know what happened?

Injured the knee while he was making a cut.

Polamalu Princess
08-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Injured the knee while he was making a cut.Thanks - that is sooooo not good.

Devilsdancefloor
08-10-2011, 06:49 PM
damn turf! come on baron you CAN DO IT! if it is serious maybe they seen enough to put him on IR and keep him, but i am hoping it is not serious and it is just a bad sprain

X-Terminator
08-10-2011, 07:21 PM

Just my opinion.

When you start your own forum, you can run it however you like. But while you're still on THIS forum, you are going to have to deal with the Twitter reposts. In case you don't know, Mr. Know It All, this forum happens to have its own Twitter page, and every time we post a Twitter link or post, there's a possibility it gets retweeted and, in turn, boosts our exposure.

Think about that the next time you go off on one of your "rants."

86WARD
08-10-2011, 07:22 PM
FUCK...that's depressing!!

The Duke
08-10-2011, 07:26 PM
One thing that you can tell is that Baron has immediately become a fan favorite. That says a lot about his character.

Definitely. and without even a single preseason carry!

If it is serious I hope he is not waived or anything. Steeler Nation is behind him

Get well Baron!

86WARD
08-10-2011, 07:29 PM
If he's out this season...here's a hint for this time next season:

BARON BATCH 2012
TAKING OVER THE WORLD AND MORE!

salamander
08-10-2011, 07:49 PM
When you start your own forum, you can run it however you like. But while you're still on THIS forum, you are going to have to deal with the Twitter reposts. In case you don't know, Mr. Know It All, this forum happens to have its own Twitter page, and every time we post a Twitter link or post, there's a possibility it gets retweeted and, in turn, boosts our exposure.

:applaudit:

Carolina Steelers
08-10-2011, 07:49 PM

Is it just me or he always has something to say to someone when its their opinion but when he speaks its okay. Sorry to get off topic but he does this to often. Hes done this to me twice. And to answer one of his ?'s how long ive been a Steelers fan since mid 80's!!!! he didnt like one of my opinions so he ? my fandom

salamander
08-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Is it just me or he always has something to say to someone when its their opinion but when he speaks its okay. Sorry to get off topic but he does this to often. Hes done this to me twice.

Trust me, you're not alone. I was actually thinking about saying something privately to the admins about him. It's getting rather annoying.

steeldevil
08-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Is it just me or he always has something to say to someone when its their opinion but when he speaks its okay. Sorry to get off topic but he does this to often. Hes done this to me twice. And to answer one of his ?'s how long ive been a Steelers fan since mid 80's!!!! he didnt like one of my opinions so he ? my fandom

Its not just you.

Nadroj 20
08-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Its not just you.

x2

Chidi29
08-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Remeber this is a guy who tore his Achilles so badly that doctors didn't think he'd play again. Then, it got infected and he ended up missing virtually two seasons.

If he can come back from that, he can come back from whatever injury he suffered today.

Count Steeler
08-10-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm sure the mods and admins are paying attention. They don't let much go on here when it gets personal. But to his credit, he did apologize.

salamander
08-10-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm sure the mods and admins are paying attention. They don't let much go on here when it gets personal. But to his credit, he did apologize.

Yes, and kudos to him for apologizing.

7willBheaven
08-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Damn...

I too was looking forward to seeing him on the field...I'm hearing ACL...but I hope it isnt.

Pittsburgh43
08-10-2011, 08:39 PM
From Baron Batch's Twitter-

@baron_batch thanks for all the prayers. God is who he says he is and he will be glorified in every situation. He has never failed me and I wont doubt him now. I will praise him in the midst of adversity because this is when he allows growth.

Butch
08-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Great...I come on here to report Anthony Smith signed with the tit lans and have to be greated by this crap.

I really hope Baron gets better soon. You gotta know Steeler Nation is pullin' for ya'.

GBMelBlount
08-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Ugh.

Craic
08-10-2011, 09:02 PM
From Baron Batch's Twitter-

@baron_batch thanks for all the prayers. God is who he says he is and he will be glorified in every situation. He has never failed me and I wont doubt him now. I will praise him in the midst of adversity because this is when he allows growth.

Do we really have to keep reading twitter postings?

:behindsofa: :peep: :chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
08-10-2011, 09:10 PM

No, it's definitely not just you. He's been doing it since he joined here.

kmsteelerwr15
08-10-2011, 09:17 PM
I feel so bad for him. I was really excited to watch him play on Friday. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it sounds and he can at least get a shot at playing sometime in the preseason.

stillers4me
08-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the Twitter posts.

Some of us like them and they are appreciated.

You're very welcome. :drink:

polamalubeast
08-10-2011, 09:26 PM
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/6566/181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpg

Psycho Ward 86
08-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Injured the knee while he was making a cut.

damnit! That has ACL/MCL written all over it

7willBheaven
08-10-2011, 10:10 PM
No, it's definitely not just you. He's been doing it since he joined here.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

43Hitman
08-10-2011, 10:48 PM

lol who the hell do you think you are?/

Psycho Ward 86
08-10-2011, 11:02 PM

calm your tits.

86WARD
08-10-2011, 11:03 PM
I enjoy the twitter posts in the threads that pertain to them. Getcha panties out of a bunch would ya! If it pertains to the topic...quit yer bitching...don't read it then. Lol...

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=86WARD;189569]I enjoy the twitter posts in the threads that pertain to them. Getcha panties out of a bunch would ya! If it pertains to the topic...quit yer bitching...don't read it then. Lol...[/QUOTE

Yeah you're right. Also, those simular tweet posts came right on top of the others, so maybe they didn't know they were being posted when they were posting theirs. I should have thought of that.

tube517
08-10-2011, 11:41 PM

:buttkick: Ok, Preacher, you are answering like me now. :chuckle:

tube517
08-10-2011, 11:42 PM
:focus:

Batch is saying on his blog it's a torn ACL. Damn.

http://baronbatch.blogspot.com/

Nadroj 20
08-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Well that is terrible.

I wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery. I also hope the steelers can somehow get him back to camp next season.

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 11:53 PM

That sucks for him. I'm glad he has his faith. And I wish him well. I wonder, just wonder if this MIGHT change the steelers mind in talking with Tiki Barber ?

Pittsburgh43
08-10-2011, 11:58 PM

:rofl2:

Pittsburgh43
08-11-2011, 12:01 AM
In all seriousness, with the way this 7th round draft pick performed in camp, I think the Steelers will give him every opportunity to earn a roster spot once he is finished rehabbing. You haven't seen the last of Baron, he'll be in camp next season.

The Duke
08-11-2011, 12:18 AM
This really sucks. For him more than anything

Memo signed a one year contract right? Hope Batch learns from him this season, cause next he should be fighting for that job

Wish him all the best. I'm sure this won't stop him

7willBheaven
08-11-2011, 01:33 AM
In all seriousness, with the way this 7th round draft pick performed in camp, I think the Steelers will give him every opportunity to earn a roster spot once he is finished rehabbing. You haven't seen the last of Baron, he'll be in camp next season.

Of course he'll be back...all the draft picks signed 3 yr deals i believe...so they will IR him and he'll be back next year.

7willBheaven
08-11-2011, 01:34 AM
That sucks for him. I'm glad he has his faith. And I wish him well. I wonder, just wonder if this MIGHT change the steelers mind in talking with Tiki Barber ?

No it wont. They had Mendy, Redman, Moore and Dwyer on the roster last year...why should it be any different this year...the last spot will now either be Dwyer or Clay it seems.

Pittsburgh43
08-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Of course he'll be back...all the draft picks signed 3 yr deals i believe...so they will IR him and he'll be back next year.

It doesn't matter what the length of his deal is. It's the fact that he's a running back, had to miss nearly 2 full seasons dealing with a torn achilles and the ramifications of it and now has a torn ACL. Also, this was a 7th round pick fighting for a roster spot, it's not like his place on the team was set in stone. That's what makes this injury even worse, he was so close. But Baron will fight, kid's got a ton of heart.

Austin87
08-11-2011, 03:19 AM
Well this sucks...

HometownGal
08-11-2011, 08:25 AM
This news is so sad to hear, but I have a feeling this youngin' is going to come out of this better than ever and seal down a spot on this team next season. :pray:

We love you Baron! :hug:

SteelerFanInStl
08-11-2011, 09:00 AM
I feel really bad for Baron. Tough luck for him but I'm sure that he'll get through it. I just hope that he can heal completely and come back stronger than ever. Hang in there Baron!

memphissteelergirl
08-11-2011, 09:11 AM

:frusty:

86WARD
08-11-2011, 09:20 AM

Baron Batch Taking Over The World In 2012!!!

SteelerEmpire
08-11-2011, 09:24 AM
ouch !!! Not Batch !

hotrodder07
08-11-2011, 09:35 AM

That blog is inspiring to read. He's facing this with the best attitude possible, which must be so hard to do given the situation. If I were in his shoes, I don't know if I could look at it as well as he did. I have the utmost respect for Baron for his method of dealing with adversity with unquestioned faith. It's really amazing, and I couldn't be rooting for this kid more to make the team next season.

Get well soon Baron!

Craic
08-11-2011, 12:13 PM
I don't know. Something tells me in 15 years we're going to be reading an article in the paper that says something like, "Baron Batch has announced his retirement today. He was a seventh round draft pick who really didn't have a hope of making the team, until he came to camp. But it wasn't to be, at least not that year. An ACL tear kept him out of his first year while Mendenhall tore up the field. But Batch came back the second year stronger than ever, impressed the coaches, and beat out veterans Dwyer and _____ for a spot on the roster. . . .

Now, fifteen years after his torn ACL, he retires as a fan favorite and work horse of the Steelers."

I just have that feeling about this kid. God bless Baron B. and heal up!!

fansince'76
08-11-2011, 12:21 PM
I don't know. Something tells me in 15 years we're going to be reading an article in the paper that says something like, "Baron Batch has announced his retirement today. He was a seventh round draft pick who really didn't have a hope of making the team, until he came to camp. But it wasn't to be, at least not that year. An ACL tear kept him out of his first year while Mendenhall tore up the field. But Batch came back the second year stronger than ever, impressed the coaches, and beat out veterans Dwyer and _____ for a spot on the roster. . . .

Now, fifteen years after his torn ACL, he retires as a fan favorite and work horse of the Steelers."

Baron Batch and SWEEEEEEEEEED - first ballot HoFers in the induction class of 2031! :chuckle:

Craic
08-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Baron Batch and SWEEEEEEEEEED - first ballot HoFers in the induction class of 2031! :chuckle:

The question is, will they be holding hands while receiving the coats.

st33lersguy
08-11-2011, 01:55 PM
That sucks. I was looking forward to his kid succeeding

kmsteelerwr15
08-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Damn, I feel bad for him. I was really excited to watch him play.

siss
08-11-2011, 02:03 PM

I have a feeling he may be successful in something away from the field.

The Duke
08-11-2011, 02:43 PM
I have a feeling he may be successful in something away from the field.

oh no doubt about it! This isn't your typical college player, and for that reason alone I wanna see him succeed here. He deserves it

But at the very least he will have a plan B

86WARD
08-11-2011, 02:48 PM

I like it. A lot.

86WARD
08-11-2011, 02:49 PM

Now you are being silly...Sweed is not going to make the Hall...lol. ;)

Butch
08-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Love this kid's attitude maybe he will be the 2nd coming of Rockie!!!

Good Luck Baron we'll see ya' next year.

Count Steeler
08-11-2011, 06:13 PM

From your lips to God's ears. I really want to see this kid next year.

fansince'76
08-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Now you are being silly...Sweed is not going to make the Hall...lol. ;)

Like hell! He's taking over the world! :chuckle:

Craic
08-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Like hell! He's taking over the world! :chuckle:

Well, with the way this economy is going, he could at least run for president.

steelerdude15
08-12-2011, 12:50 AM
He seems to have a great attitude and was making a presence with the team and fans. I hope he can recover quickly and fully and play for us next year. He is someone I would like to have on this team. Great attitudes and tough work can win me over when it comes to our players. I wish him the best.

steelreserve
08-13-2011, 03:49 AM
Why does everyone named Batch always have a season-ending injury no later than 10 plays into the first game? It's almost uncanny.

Much as I liked this guy over the past few months, this does not look good. Running backs and torn ACLs do not mix. It ruins your whole career as often as not, and that's if you were already a star to begin with. Most of the time, you're looking at two years to get back to where you were. Look at the stats on this site; they're pretty scary: http://www.footballdocs.com/RB_injury_rule.html

If it doesn't work out, it sounds like he has a sound mind and an amazing attitude, and I hope he ends up being a great coach somewhere.