PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Dump WR Adam Mims, and sign WR Kenneth Moore

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 03:09 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_750942.html

Here is Moore's 2008 bio from SI.com....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2008/draft/players/5300.html

tihmtahm
08-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Never heard of Mims so I'm not heartbroken.

Nadroj 20
08-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Mims was hurt anyway and wasn't practicing so might as well bring someone in that will be able to participate in TC.

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I know Mims was said to be in and out of practices, but so is Sweed, so why not cut him ? No but seiously. I wonder if this move was made not only to bring in a healthier camp Body yes. But maybe someone so that WR Tyler Grisham does not have to play,,,or RISK himself in meaningless pre-season games cause Grisham has so impressed in camp that maybe the Steelers are thinking of making Tyler our 5th WR ????

Maybe ?

XxKnightxX
08-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Who? Camp Meat if you ask me the Defense is losing its taste for Prey lol.

steeldevil
08-10-2011, 03:32 PM
I've heard of him. Probably only because he was with the Panthers. I think he even started for the Panthers a game or so in 2009... Don't remember. Probably just a camp body with no shot at making the team.

Nadroj 20
08-10-2011, 03:37 PM
I know Mims was said to be in and out of practices, but so is Sweed, so why not cut him ? No but seiously. I wonder if this move was made not only to bring in a healthier camp Body yes. But maybe someone so that WR Tyler Grisham does not have to play,,,or RISK himself in meaningless pre-season games cause Grisham has so impressed in camp that maybe the Steelers are thinking of making Tyler our 5th WR ????

Maybe ?

Mims is only like 5'8" so maybe it was just based on potential? I'm not trying to take away from Mims or make a case for Sweed, but a lot of times people look at that kind of stuff.

And what you said about Tyler is possible. I do think he will still play a lot in preseason games so they can see him in game action instead of just training camp to get a better judgement on him, but from what I've been seeing and hearing Tyler may have a good chance at that 5th spot and dressing on gamedays.

Burghfan58
08-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Imagine that... Another free agent signing with Detroit connections.