PDA

View Full Version : I am absolutely Livid about this!!

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 02:55 PM
And I mean I am really really....

pissed off!!

I mean how DARE these idiots try to call this " Wet behind the ears KID " that nickname.
There is only ONE......" Silverback " my friends. And this Trent Edwards is gonna meet him this friday night :mad:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/10/trent-williams-silverback-nickname-makes-john-thompson-uncomfortable/

Butch
08-10-2011, 03:04 PM
I agree only one "Silverback" and he's the one in Black and Gold!!!

Unleash the real Silverback and let's get ready for some Steeler Football!!!

SteelerEmpire
08-10-2011, 03:17 PM
He's an offensive lineman (not so glamorous a position), plays for the Redskins (an awkward team) and James "Silverback" Harrison (Big Silverback) has already been made famous with that name. "Little Silverback" doesn't stand a chance...

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 03:21 PM
He's an offensive lineman (not so glamorous a position), plays for the Redskins (an awkward team) and James "Silverback" Harrison (Big Silverback) has already been made famous with that name. "Little Silverback" doesn't stand a chance...

What also is interesting that former Georgetown Head coach John Thompson some how finds the term RACIAL, and negative towards Black people,,,and stated as much. But, he WORKS for the " REDSKINS " radio netwaork,,,and doesn't have a problem with that word :huh:

steeldevil
08-10-2011, 03:29 PM
What also is interesting that former Georgetown Head coach John Thompson some how finds the term RACIAL, and negative towards Black people,,,and stated as much. But, he WORKS for the " REDSKINS " radio netwaork,,,and doesn't have a problem with that word :huh:

Haha, that is literally the same thing I thought about while reading the article.

tihmtahm
08-10-2011, 03:29 PM

I thought that was quite a dichotomy myself.

SMR
08-10-2011, 03:45 PM
THERE IS ONLY ONE SILVERBACK!!!!!!!! I am outraged as well. Buncha copycats, wanna-bes, I say!!!

The Duke
08-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Oh well, Silverback will just have to show him who's the real deal on friday. I pity John Beck. Or was it grossman? Or Kellen Clemens....

oh who cares, they are a mess anyway

as for it being a racial nickname- grow up!

fansince'76
08-10-2011, 04:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syV2LkGpQB0&feature=related