PDA

View Full Version : root sports and the steelers

Dodt
08-10-2011, 09:08 AM
since the change in name does it seem as if the network has had less coverage for the steelers?

vader29
08-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Since they dropped Sportsbeat with Stan Savran a couple of years ago pretty much the only Steelers coverage they have now is the weekly Mike Tomlin press conference during the regular season.

steelpride12
08-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Yupp Root is all dedicated to the Pirates and Penguins. Thankfully I live in Pittsburgh so I can watch KDKA and other local news stations for Steelers reports.

X-Terminator
08-10-2011, 02:08 PM
They plan on having more Steelers coverage during the regular season, including a weekly Steelers-only show, but as has been said, they are all about the Pirates and Penguins. You can get all of the Steelers coverage you need pretty much everywhere else. Despite having pretty much their own network, the Pirates and Pens combined do not get anywhere near the media attention that the Steelers get.

Edman
08-10-2011, 02:36 PM
The Pirates...I can understand. Well, they were generating a buzz around town before...and then they became the Pirates. And it really makes me sad.

The Penguins however are shut out because of the utter unpopularity of the NHL in this country.

O'Malley
08-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Yupp Root is all dedicated to the Pirates and Penguins. Thankfully I live in Pittsburgh so I can watch KDKA and other local news stations for Steelers reports.

I'm from Portland Oregon, and I check KDKA daily for the latest news(and of course the Steelers Universe).... I like the internet for that!

oneforthetoe
08-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Didn't they used to show rebroadcasts of the preseason games?

X-Terminator
08-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Didn't they used to show rebroadcasts of the preseason games?

They did up until last season. Not sure about this season since they've been re-branded.

oneforthetoe
08-10-2011, 09:25 PM
They did up until last season. Not sure about this season since they've been re-branded.

Thanks. You know that may be because the NFL Network now rebroadcasts many (if not all) all of the preseason games.