PDA

View Full Version : Eye catchers

Devilsdancefloor
08-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Finally, after 10 or so days of training camp, we have a feeling of a little bit of flow. Normally after a week to 10 days, players find their “sea-legs.” Meaning that they start acclimating to the rigors of pads, hot weather and funny feeling beds.

Some of the young guns that are starting to make noise are Chris Carter, an outside linebacker who did very well in ‘Backers on TE’s run blocking and 1-on-1 pass rush. Carter suprised with exceptional pad level (meaning he’d hit grill on grill) and using his quickness to beat the TE across the face when they would try to hook him.

http://burgh.us/6nl

Psycho Ward 86
08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Other guys and moments that caught my eye include Willie Colon air-mailing Aaron Smith on a run block.

is that a good or bad thing for Colon?

Nadroj 20
08-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Other guys and moments that caught my eye include Willie Colon air-mailing Aaron Smith on a run block.

Does it mean it was a really good block that sent him flying?....I don't like that wording either lol

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 04:02 PM

Aaron was probably too bust sticking his finger in Casey Hanpton's ear, and didn't see Colon coming! :huh:

86WARD
08-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Lemme see some game action...

Count Steeler
08-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Friday night we finally can start to see what some of these kids have. Mind you they will be playing other kids, but it's a start.

Psycho Ward 86
08-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Now that i think about it, it sounds like a compliment for Colon. In that case, I'm happy with it! Looks like we got the good Colon back?

Pittsburgh43
08-10-2011, 12:01 AM

My guess to that would be that Willie Colon pushed A. Smith back so hard that it sent him flying. So, that's a positive for Willie.

Psycho Ward 86
08-10-2011, 10:19 AM
My guess to that would be that Willie Colon pushed A. Smith back so hard that it sent him flying. So, that's a positive for Willie.

Good deal. I'd rather have a young rising player succeed than an aging vet on his last legs. long term vs. short term.

Steeldude
08-10-2011, 11:03 AM
my only concern is his weight. at 288 how will he hold up vs. the run in a 3-4? it happens to be kiesel's weakness too because he is also on the lighter side.

Psycho Ward 86
08-10-2011, 11:37 AM
my only concern is his weight. at 288 how will he hold up vs. the run in a 3-4? it happens to be kiesel's weakness too because he is also on the lighter side.

Who Heyward? He's still a young gun, he'll be putting on weight like most rookies do.

The Duke
08-10-2011, 11:52 AM
really looking at him, Heyward looks way beyond that 288

he's a big man and will get even bigger

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Heyward had Tommy John Surgery in January, and couldn't lift for 4 months. And he weighed in at 294 at the combine, so I highly doubt he is 288 now. I don't know where that figure came from. But I do know he has been lifting since May, maybe even in April. And besides, taking on multiple blockers, and stopping the run was something Heyward easily did at Ohio State. And they were the best run defense in college football. So no worries at all about Cameron.