PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders to practice on Monday

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 12:27 PM
This according to Gerry Dulac of the PPG via twitter. Great news :clap2: So much for all those Doom & Gloom people here saying Sanders is seriously injured, and that we MUST have Plaxico Burress cause Sanders will be a no show come the start of the season. Told you all, Sanders will be 100 % come the Baltimore game, and will be ready to shine.

The Duke
08-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Awesome news! Main players will barely play friday anyway, so better that he's ready for the second and third games

as for the doom and gloom, I still don't trust that foot completely. It could flare up again. This was the third surgery in six months after all

other than that, I like our receivers at the moment. No need for Cotch or anybody else

BlastFurnace
08-09-2011, 12:56 PM
This according to Gerry Dulac of the PPG via twitter. Great news :clap2: So much for all those Doom & Gloom people here saying Sanders is seriously injured, and that we MUST have Plaxico Burress cause Sanders will be a no show come the start of the season. Told you all, Sanders will be 100 % come the Baltimore game, and will be ready to shine.

Honestly, we have no idea that this won't be a season lingering injury. He was 70% about a week ago. All it's going to take is one sharp pain in that foot and he's back sitting. No-one wants that, but he must temper his enthusiasm and make sure his feet are ready.

If Colbert is concerned about the position, we fans should be concerned about the position.

kmsteelerwr15
08-09-2011, 01:30 PM
This is some great news! I just hope he doesn't over do it and make the injury worse.

Craic
08-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Honestly, we have no idea that this won't be a season lingering injury. He was 70% about a week ago. All it's going to take is one sharp pain in that foot and he's back sitting. No-one wants that, but he must temper his enthusiasm and make sure his feet are ready.

If Colbert is concerned about the position, we fans should be concerned about the position.

I absolutely agree with you BF.

But I also think Hines Ward spilled the beans a little bit concerning WHY Colbert is concerned, its because of the amount of youth with little to no experience.

I hear Randy moss is still looking for a team. He's a tall receiver isn't he? :wink02:

steel striker
08-09-2011, 02:41 PM
This is good news and, hopefully he will be ready for the opener.

Nadroj 20
08-09-2011, 03:29 PM
This is good news yeah, but as BF said we still don't know what to expect. It could linger and come back or be fine the whole year...who knows?

Nadroj 20
08-09-2011, 03:31 PM

You do know that playing doesn't necessarily mean he is 100% right?

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 03:34 PM
You do know that playing doesn't necessarily mean he is 100% right?

No actually, practicing on Monday may not mean he is 100 %. But, is well enough to get some reps in while it continues to get to 100 % But, by the time the first REAL GAME is here, he WILL be 100 % ready. Otherwise I would bet the Doctors wouldn't be letting him practice this soon after his surgery IF it weren't going extremely well.

Learn to read between the Lines son!

Nadroj 20
08-09-2011, 03:40 PM
No actually, practicing on Monday may not mean he is 100 %. But, is well enough to get some reps in while it continues to get to 100 % But, by the time the first REAL GAME is here, he WILL be 100 % ready. Otherwise I would bet the Doctors wouldn't be letting him practice this soon after his surgery IF it weren't going extremely well.

Learn to read between the Lines son!

That isn't necessarily true either. He didn't just have surgery he was already practicing that is how he knew he wasn't quite ready so that isn't an excuse. Yes getting reps is fine and he can continue the healing process. I saw him catching balls yesterday in practice, so he was working some then. However just because he is practicing now doesn't mean he will be "100%" by the time the first game roles around. He may practice Monday and realize he is not ready.

What I'm saying is do not jump the gun and get high hopes just because he is practicing. It's a good sign toward recovery but it is nothing for sure.

P.S. Is your caps lock broke? or do you always like over emphasizing things?

Count Steeler
08-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Buffalo radio would like the Bills to shop Lee Evans. He may be worth a 4th or 5th round pick.

Pittsburgh43
08-09-2011, 07:20 PM
That's good news for Manny. Like a lot of you already said, I just hope that there are no re-occurrences with this foot injury. I love our receiving corps, but I don't get why some people wouldn't want a little insurance, just in case.

steelpride12
08-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Great news for sure, but nothing to keep our hopes up. That is just the kind of injury where it takes one wrong move and he will need surgery again. Let's just hope he can get through camp and the preseason games 100% and into the regular season.

Still the Steelers need to find a receiver because you never know when Sanders foot will become an issue.

86WARD
08-09-2011, 07:31 PM
:alcohol:

NICE!!