PDA

View Full Version : Can the Ravens fly through the Steel Curtain?

polamalubeast
08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
03:40 – Have the Ravens done enough this offseason to catch up with the Steelers? NFL Total Access debates

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d821525e0/Can-the-Ravens-fly-through-the-Steel-Curtain

steeldevil
08-08-2011, 07:39 PM
LOL, my facebook status before both of the last 2 playoff games against them was "Ratbirds can't fly after they hit a Steel Curtain."

steelpride12
08-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Ehh I don't think so. The they do have some new young faces, but nothing that can match the Steelers defense. Flacco is their only chance, but we all know how he fares against Big Ben. So no.

polamalubeast
08-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Flacco can't beat Ben Roethlisberger!

86WARD
08-08-2011, 07:53 PM
No. I think on defense they've gotten a little better. On offense, they've gotten worse.

fansince'76
08-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Well, they were 12-4 just like the Steelers last season and all 3 games came down to a couple big plays. I'm not sleeping on Baltimore and I know the Steelers won't be either.

Edman
08-08-2011, 08:18 PM
The Ravens have Joe Flacco.

The Steelers have Ben Roethlisberger.

That makes all the difference. The games will be close, but Ben is a Raven Killer.

SteelerFanInStl
08-08-2011, 09:27 PM
It's funny because the only time that I hear anything about the Steelers on NFL Network is when they're talking about Baltimore. Baltimore lost way more than they gained this off season. The games will still be close as they always are but I don't see Baltimore winning the division or beating us in the playoffs.

Psycho Ward 86
08-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Does a bear shit in the woods?
Do woodchucks chuck wood?
Can a raven fly through a steel curtain?

The answers to these rhetorical questions are all the same...but you have to think the raven isnt making it out alive

steelpride12
08-08-2011, 10:57 PM
It's one of those rivalry's where it doesn't matter who is on the field for either teams it will always be a hard fought game guranteed to come down to the wire. Even when Dixon started the game in Baltimore, the game still was close till the end.

TMC
08-09-2011, 09:31 AM
The rosters really have to shake out to see the end result, but I think the Ravens are weaker on both sides of the ball right now.

On defense, they cut Kelly Gregg and lost their best corner to free agency. They also lost Landry at safety. Many are high on Jimmy Smith, but roughly 1 out of every 3 rookie corners end up being busts. In addition, he carries some other baggage and some early camp reports are, he gives up on some plays when he is beaten deep (actually saw a clip of him stop running). So, I just do not have a lot of faith in the rookie there, I never really do, but in his case, I would not trust him to cover Limas Sweed. While I think Gregg was hitting his last legs, now I wonder who will spell Cody. Arthur Jones should supplant Redding at LDE. Redding is garbage, so that is a plus. I do not see changes in their LBs because Kindle is basically a rookie. I think they will be solid against the run and very suspect against the pass, which is how we have begun to kill them.

On offense, they are much worse. The OL lost Chester and Birk is injured. They think he will be back for the opener, but I would hate to block Casey with no reps. Offf. They will probably start a rookie Reid at RT. I liked Reid in the draft. I thought he was the best pure RT in the draft, but I never like rookies forced into starting roles. IMO, that is a big edge for Woodley. I like Harrison against the human false start machine formerly known as Oher. I think they have a talented pair of guards. The question is, can they hold Hampton off with a hurt center or a backup and can the OTs stave off the pass rush? At runningback, Rice is a good runner and Williams is solid, even at 33-34. But, I really liked McClain. I think they messed up some. They also signed a pure FB and he is good. But, we crush the run, so again, not too worried there. At WR, they have Boldin who will draw Ike. Other than that, they have shit. Yeah, they drafted 2 WRs. Good luck with that. First round WRs bust at a rate of 45%. They took a 2nd and a late round guy. The chances either are not busts is worse than a coin flip.

I think this is a mini-rebuilding year for them.

suitanim
08-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Can the Ravens fly through the Steel Curtain?

No! Next question!

http://images.wikia.com/watchmen/images/7/75/Mclaughlin.png

steel striker
08-09-2011, 02:40 PM
We all know most steeler-raven games are close and, I expect to see the same this year. To me all depends on how the o-line can protect Ben and, if they can keep him clean are chances are pretty good this year. Not to mention Troy & Harrison & Woodley usually have big games against the ravens. I can't wait for this game in week 1. It looks like the ravens are going to see if their young wr's can step it this year but, that not to say they won't some vet at the last second. I don't care what people say Ben knows how to beat the ravens especially in tight games. Our wr's could give the rats big problems think about it Wallance, Brown, not sure if Sanders will be ready. We all know the Hines & Heath will be ready.

vasteeler
08-09-2011, 03:12 PM
i think this year we are vastly better than the rats. i think we kill them right out the gates. 28-13 steelers

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Can the Ravens fly through the Steel Curtain?.............Fly ?, No. But they probably can

STAB their way through :nod:

Count Steeler
08-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Ratbird + Steel Curtain = Splat. No more Ratbird.

stillers4me
08-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Can the Ravens fly through a steel curtain?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlszSNiYcKBev8_uWStZV4VAKnz-AOF0IzINS_fRlii8ZNxdqEfA

tube517
08-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Flaccid

BigNastyDefense
08-09-2011, 07:54 PM
It's kind of the same effect when a bird flies into a car window......it dies.

I hope we kick their purple asses in the opener. Never let up, blitz Flacco all game, and hit Rice in the motherfucking mouth!

They don't have a corner that can cover Wallace. Hopefully the line can give Ben just enough time to find Wallace, Ward, Mendy, and Miller.

Week 1:

Steelers 34
Ravens 12

FUCK BALTIMORE!